Review by BestReviews -- That Place of Knowledge

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
BestReviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 2">Walking In Blind: A Collection of Poetry</a>
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bestreviews.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Review by BestReviews -- That Place of Knowledge

Post by BestReviews »

[Following is a volunteer review of "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

That Place of Knowledge is a perfect short story written by Philip Alan Shalka. The story revolves around two characters, Sabre, an autism assistance dog and Philip. This book is a perfect narration of imaginary journey to a fascinating city.

Is there a place where you feel contented with yourself? A place where it's the real you and cares less what the world think of you? Then this short story by Philip Alan Shalka is the best book for you.

The author of the book is one of a kind. Diagnosed with autism at an early age, the 15 years old has three times more insight than a significant number of adults. His short story is captivating, enlightens and imaginative. This genius writer keeps the reader intrigued and makes you want to read more. The subplots are well connected for an amazing ending. The author clearly depicts a pearl of wisdom beyond his age. In his book, Shalka provides the writer with an alternate reality of fascinating thought that is so deep and keeps you spellbound.

Sabre is an autism dog whose friend is Philip. Sabre assists Philip in listening, in the best way she can. One afternoon during summer, the two enter a swimming with a trap door that is hidden. The hidden trap door leads to an enchanting secret city. Sabre does not fail to recognize Philip’s level of comfort in this city.

In addition, the book contains conversations between Philip and one of the greatest philosopher in the world’s history, Aristotle. The conversations will make the reader want more. These conversations revolve around the desire and need to seek happiness, knowledge, and learning. Shalka’s questions provoke deep revelations about life and also about himself. Philip gains a lot of knowledge and insight from the great philosopher while Sabre is right at his side.

It is crystal clear that Philip has a difficulty trying to communicate and demonstrating his capabilities. At the secret city, he can comfortably do this. He has finally found happiness. Themes like a search for happiness, acceptance, and persistence make the book so fascinating.

In my opinion, I loved this book from the start. The cover letter will make you want to read it. In the Greek world, the options for Philip are endless. In the book, Aristotle tells Philip that this is just the beginning and that there is much more to learn. This shows Philip's ever-expanding mind.

I liked this book, and I would rate it 4 out of 4 stars. There are no typos, and the short story flowed well and all along kept me fascinated. All the subplots are well connected and came together for an unanticipated ending.

That Place of Knowledge
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like BestReviews's review? Post a comment saying so!
BestReviews
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka
Kelebogile Mbangi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelebogile-mbangi.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Kelebogile Mbangi »

I agree with you completely about the cover, it makes me want to read it too. Sounds like quite the story. Thank you for this review.
"And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!" - Dr. Seuss
Izesicle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izesicle.html
Latest Review: With Malice Aforethought by Thonie Hevron
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Izesicle »

The cover letter convinced me to choose this book to review. Please feel free to check out my review of this book. I rated it 3 out of 4 stars.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I agree with your comment that the author has three times more insight than a significant number of adults. Hopefully, it it not a permanent condition and like Philip we can learn to expand our thinking and gain new knowledge. Thanks for a thoughtful review.
Doc2
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Doc2 »

Nice review 'BestReviews.' I couldn't agree more! I find this book very inspirational. Actually read it twice!
meteku4
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meteku4.html
Latest Review: "Followed my Star" by AR Annahita

Post by meteku4 »

An insightful review. It sounds like an interesting book. I am yet to read it though.
Latest Review: "Followed my Star" by AR Annahita
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

I'm glad you enjoyed this book so much. It really comes through in your review!
pinklover
Currently Reading: The Everett Exorcism
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinklover.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by pinklover »

wow, I like this book. This book will surely gives different insights to the reader. Thanks for sharing your thoughts in here. I will read this one as well.
When everything seems too late, but it's not. God is there! Just keep on believing Jesus.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”