Official Review: Holy Here Wholy You by Kim Lincoln

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Athena Moon
Favorite Author: Paulo Coelho
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3217">The Lovely Bones</a>
Currently Reading: The Piketty Problem
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-athena-moon.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White
fav_author_id: 2451

Official Review: Holy Here Wholy You by Kim Lincoln

Post by Athena Moon »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Holy Here Wholy You" by Kim Lincoln.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

To begin with, I must be frank with you and mention that I chose to review this book because it reassembled my emotional state. I am currently going through the biggest trauma of my life (both emotionally and physically) and I was craving for answers to so many unanswered questions deeply buried in my mind. With the help of this book, I began to unleash them all.

Let me ask how many of you are aware of who you truly are? Have you ever considered the influence of your past experiences, especially the unpleasant and challenging ones? What about those experiences which probably made you feel like you lost oneself and surrendered to a false, maybe even egoistic identity, which shaped you the way you are? This is the book to explain the "whys" during or after the hardships of your life. If it wasn't for the subject matter of the book coinciding with my current turmoil, I wouldn't have picked it up - I was looking for guidance and I found it.

Kim Lincoln, author of Holy Here Wholly You describes her traumatic experience in quite lyrical language and offers precise teachings to be able to access the unconscious and the forgotten. Decades of experience and practice have been interwoven in this book as a guide to access all your senses and interpret your emotions. Many beautiful phrases of this book might sound unfamiliar to the common reader, and indeed there is much effort needed to be put into this read. I believe it wasn't written for mere pleasure, more like as a teaching tool to access wholeness and divine brilliance of ourselves as we dig dipper into the understanding of the mind, body and soul combined. Several practices are also present in the book - I tried them for the very first time and of course no magic has happened because patience is what needed. You can't miraculously access all of YOU with few minutes of your practice when it took years and years of learning for Kim. Miracles don't happen overnight and it certainly takes more time to practice your perception.

It soon becomes clear that the words used in the book are hard to comprehend, and some of them have completely different meanings from those found in the dictionary. However, to make the read easier, author presents all the required explanations of the self-created words and those used to describe certain spiritual concepts. It seems like humanity hasn't yet learned to speak the spiritual way of self-knowing. We truly are just at the renaissance of our spirituality, just awakening our way to realization.

Kim is completely honest with her post traumatic experience and unfortunately there are many like her: lost and somewhat ignorant, scared to face the reality of existence. She has created a tremendous piece of work - extracting evidence from science, sacred teachings, religion and the body itself. In addition to that, she also interprets famous tale The Wizard of Oz as "the quintessential story of spiritual hunger and the burning desire to return home" - a return to inner peace through many distractions.

My favorite part of the book, which Kim brings as an example of our magnificence, would be about the scientific research of Nobel Prize molecular physicist Francis Crick, who was the co-discoverer of DNA. He found that our DNA consists of an encoded six-foot long double helix crystalline strand of molecules that is coiled within every cell. According to Crick, all living organisms have shared the same DNA since the beginning of time. Scientists can also verify that our DNA could, in fact, be the stuff of stardust.

Meteorites that have fallen to earth contain molecules that match those which are present in DNA, which have led some scientists to surmise that life began when a meteorite hit earth and the primitive DNA fragments found on the meteorite mixed with their new surroundings on earth and flourished. It reminded me of a long-forgotten belief that we are a magnificent part of the cosmos. Overall, there are dozens of other ways the author reminds us that our understanding of reality is extremely narrow minded.

Whatever forces created us, this book reminded me that we were made from pure unconditional love. It surely challenged my egoistic beliefs, but it certainly kept me alive when I was crashed by all the trauma I had experienced and I had nowhere to hide from it anymore. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It literally saved my life, and I cried so hard when I finally surrendered to myself. I believe we must be open minded and that's why I recommend this book to anyone going through PTSD. The God is internal, not external. You are the Divine, you are the cosmos.

Holy Here Wholy You
View: on Bookshelves

Like Athena Moon's review? Post a comment saying so!
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

I'm still finding myself, so this looks like a book I would enjoy.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I think to some extent, we are always finding ourselves. Maybe there are those that arrive, but it's not me. Sounds like quite the book. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Abodunrin
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abodunrin.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Post by Abodunrin »

You stated that we have to be open minded and that it isn't just another book for pleasure but a book where we have to sit down and study it describing it as a teaching. With the way you made clear the quality if information we can get from it I believe it is worth the sacrifice.
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
KeriCraven
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kericraven.html
Latest Review: "Life Before" by K.L. Romo

Post by KeriCraven »

I think that we are all searching for ourselves. I wish you all the luck and sending my good vibes your way. Thank you for your review.
Latest Review: "Life Before" by K.L. Romo
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

Sounds like a book for the 'whole ' man. I've noted some interesting/new ideas I haven't met before and may just pick the book. Great job with the review, I'm glad it helped you.
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Athena Moon
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3217">The Lovely Bones</a>

Post by Athena Moon »

Mercy Bolo wrote:I'm still finding myself, so this looks like a book I would enjoy.
I hope you'll find it a great guide to yourself!

-- 11 Oct 2017, 06:41 --
kandscreeley wrote:I think to some extent, we are always finding ourselves. Maybe there are those that arrive, but it's not me. Sounds like quite the book. Thanks for the review.
You are right, some people are born with the perfect directive in their lives and maybe we all are. However, things happen that shake you off that path and then you start searching for guidance to get back on track. This book brought lots of sunshine in my darkest days. Thanks for reading!

-- 12 Oct 2017, 02:50 --
KeriCraven wrote:I think that we are all searching for ourselves. I wish you all the luck and sending my good vibes your way. Thank you for your review.
Thank you! And yes, it's a life time journey finding ourselves.
kislany
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
Latest Review: Golden Skies by Juan Zapata

Post by kislany »

There are always those books that come at just the right time, when we need them most. I guess this is such a book for you. I'm glad it could help you. Great review, Athena Moon.
Diana Welch
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Diana Welch »

I read Holy Here Wholy You by Kim Lincoln and it was nice and you will feel nostalgic when reading it.
Athena Moon

Post by Athena Moon »

kislany wrote:There are always those books that come at just the right time, when we need them most. I guess this is such a book for you. I'm glad it could help you. Great review, Athena Moon.
It most certainly was a perfect timing. I believe there is always some magic behind such encounters. Thanks!
Josebrish
Currently Reading: My Trip To Adele
Bookshelf Size: 42

Post by Josebrish »

This book reminded me that we were made from pure unconditional love... very nice
Sarah Immanuel
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 160819">My Trip To Adele</a>
Currently Reading: The House of Trysts
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by Sarah Immanuel »

I love this book. I will also add that we were made and created by God. In his image and love. God loves us unconditionally and eternally. He has good thoughts and plans towards us.
Joel Rapis Liri
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Joel Rapis Liri »

This book is interesting in a sense that underlining redefining ourselves. It's awesome this book is about the mood of body, mind and soul combined. The good and special thing is, it shares experiences, lessons, or can be a guidence for those who needed help especially in difficulties faced in life. Great review. Godbless.
Athena Moon

Post by Athena Moon »

Thank you for reading it!
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

Great message from the book. It appears to be exploding with ideas. Thanks for a great review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”