Review by crazy_kat_1984 -- 30th Century: Escape

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
crazy_kat_1984
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crazy-kat-1984.html
Latest Review: "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Review by crazy_kat_1984 -- 30th Century: Escape

Post by crazy_kat_1984 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

30th Century Escape is a book about time travel with erotic and scientific themes as part of the story. Mark Kingston Levin, Ph.D. wrote expertly about physics and living as a bisexual woman. Dr. Levin’s gripping novel presented a credible view of a 30th-century woman’s thoughts in the 21st century. As a bisexual woman, I thought Dr. Levin expertly depicted how I feel about sexuality. The tale was also very well developed before the introduction of an erotic secondary, which I appreciated.

I was thoroughly engrossed in this story from the first few chapters. It is entertaining, humorous at times, and practical always. I almost was lost in the physics discussion, but Dr. Levin managed to balance just enough details to seem knowledgeable without overwhelming the reader. There were no elements that disagreed with me while I was reading. Dr. Levin showed expert balance with the scientific, sexual, and temporal travel factors in the journey that is 30th Century Escape.

The story of a bisexual woman finding how to express her feelings really involved me in the story. I have myself been trying to figure this out myself and related very much to the main character, Jennifer. I have truly learned more about that aspect of myself. Dr. Levin’s description of the activities were ideal circumstances as far as I could imagine. I appreciate the tasteful, balanced, detailed, and accurate depictions of eroticism.

Another facet of the book depicts Jennifer as highly intelligent but humble at the same time. Dr. Levin continuously reminds the reader she is a highly intelligent and sexual character. A beautiful picture of life in the regions of Hawaii and Polynesian Islands has introduced to me a deeper understanding of their culture and customs. I also appreciated the specific, informed jargon used.

Dr. Levin created an adult book with an appropriate level of vocabulary and erotic in the way of maturely handling a bi-sexual relationship among scientifically-driven, intelligent characters. It had just a perfect ending. I would call it a fairy-tale ending, but it is not a fairy tale. I would recommend this for any college-educated person. I certainly did enjoy entering Dr. Levin’s world.

I used the search on my Kindle Fire for about 20 words in the book, mostly sailing terms. I did notice some mistakes, a misplaced modifier or two, mistaken word, awkward or muddled wording. None of these were very distracting from the story, but I did note them. While I suppose I expected perfection, it was a fantastic tale that was completely believable. This book is four out of four stars as far as I’m concerned. I loved it and am grateful to have had the chance to enjoy it.

30th Century: Escape
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like crazy_kat_1984's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD
Gbemisola
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gbemisola.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Gbemisola »

I like the sound of this book. The basic story appeals to me but there is so much mention of the erotic nature of Jennifer, I'm not sure I will enjoy it. Thanks for the great review!
Mohammednur
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Mohammednur »

uturistic tales are always a good read, but the temporary loss of purpose and failed correct usage of a foreign language are a little off putting. Let alone the explicitly sexual scenes. I'm still curious about the plot so I'm on the fence about this one.
Mutengu Tito
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Mutengu Tito »

So dramatic and enjoying to read
Benedict Sonia
Currently Reading: End of the Last Great Kingdom (The Brimstone Chronicles Book 1)
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Benedict Sonia »

So curious about the plot still on the fence of the book. The sound of this book is so real.
Annalee shaw

Post by Annalee shaw »

I like the sound of this book
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the book immensely.
Nwankwo
Currently Reading: The Expansion

Post by Nwankwo »

It seemed to be more focused on her sexuality
Paul78
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 38572">Who Told You That You Were Naked?</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul78.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Paul78 »

I wish to commend you for a great review. I have seen several reviews on this book and they point out to one thing,the book is interesting to read.
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
Benjamin Franklin
MammanKabiru
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by MammanKabiru »

It was a commendable topic that the world need to share ideas on.
Azidieri
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Azidieri »

its quite good to read such wa wonderful story
Roggyrus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roggyrus.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Roggyrus »

Jennifer, the leading character, is leading an interesting life -- sexually and otherwise. I am wondering if a woman to be endowed with leadership skills should also be sexually active? I understand, sexual favors could very well be a fine chip to use for bargaining some help from unlikely sources. And Jennifer must have fully realized this. Thanks for your interesting review.
BookHausJ
Currently Reading: Health Tips Myth and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 667
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookhausj.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by BookHausJ »

Thank you for the fine review! I don't know if I have time to read this. Hope the leading character, Jennifer, might realize the importance of being a woman. She should also realize that her value was God given purpose. The purpose of shaping the world according to God's Plan. Thank you!
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
eddyokoth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eddyokoth.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by eddyokoth »

escape is a nice tale to read expecially that charater jenifer
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 776
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-allen.html
Latest Review: Utopia Project by Billy Dering

Post by [Valerie Allen] »

I agree, according to this review, it appears the book's main focus is sex; whereas, it's a great thing I'm not into erotic science fiction and a review of multiple spoiler alerts.
And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. (Revelation 20:12 (NKJV) :reading-7:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”