Welcome to the forums!

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Skillian
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-skillian.html
Latest Review: "The Christ Killer" by Robert Attenborough

Re: Welcome to the forums!

Post by Skillian »

WELCOME EVERYONE! And well... I'm back! haha I used to be on here more a few years ago... now I am back after a long hiatus. Glad to see so many familiar peeps still hanging around. <3 <3

But a re-introduction is due. And no worries if you don't remember me. haha

My name is Shela. And I am an average human being.. specifically American. I do fall to some of the stereotypes that go along with that. I am generally happy. Um. I like a lot of things... which makes me indecisive at times. I love Jesus and my family. I probably like you already. Big news is that we are expecting our first baby! Whoop whoop! I still have my dog Maddie (black and white schnauzer mix) and now also a white short-hair cat named Bella. They are both total divas and altercations ensue. I think I am going to eat a chicken salad sandwich for lunch/dinner today. I like sunshine. Um... now my brain is blank. Nice to meet and re-meet all of you guys! <3
I love LOVE. <3
Latest Review: "The Christ Killer" by Robert Attenborough
Zachary Taylor
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Zachary Taylor »

Hi there folks.

I am new to the forums and excited to review some of the excellent books offered here. I am a new Latin teacher and a recent graduate of Washington and Lee University. I especially enjoy nonfiction works of history about the ancient world and ancient literature. I also enjoy literary fiction and science fiction and have recently attempted to better understand poetry. My favorite book is no doubt The Secret History by Donna Tart. The Aeneid is a close second. Thank you for welcoming me into this community. I look forward to getting to know some of you.

Zach
Lulwa
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Lulwa »

Hello everyone.. im new here, trying to figure out how things are.. nice to meet you all.
readandsmile
Currently Reading: Boom! A Revolting Situation
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readandsmile.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by readandsmile »

Hello everyone! I love the ambiance in this forum. I'm a Christian and I love reading books that have had a connection to the Bible.
Reading is an antidote for...
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
JudyJo
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judyjo.html
Latest Review: Debt Cleanse by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by JudyJo »

Hello from Oklahoma! I joined the forum about a year ago, and right after, started a new full time job which has left me very little time for other activities. But I have always been a big (avid) reader, from the time I got my first reading awards in second grade and was allowed to read out loud to the first graders! I loved it!

Now that I have a little more free time, I'm wondering how this Online Book Club works and what it's all about. Do I find my own books and tell you about (review) them? Can someone tell me where to start?

-- 01 Sep 2017, 13:22 --
Atabon Della
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atabon-della.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Atabon Della »

Hi everyone, am not too fresh but I discovered that one needs to browse a lot before discovering all the corners of this club. I just found this forum today. Welcome to all new ones...

-- 01 Sep 2017, 16:20 --
readandsmile wrote:Hello everyone! I love the ambiance in this forum. I'm a Christian and I love reading books that have had a connection to the Bible.
Just like me. You will not readily find those kinds of books but you just need to be careful when selecting the books you want to read. Welcome again.

-- 01 Sep 2017, 16:25 --
JudyJo wrote:Hello from Oklahoma! I joined the forum about a year ago, and right after, started a new full time job which has left me very little time for other activities. But I have always been a big (avid) reader, from the time I got my first reading awards in second grade and was allowed to read out loud to the first graders! I loved it!

Now that I have a little more free time, I'm wondering how this Online Book Club works and what it's all about. Do I find my own books and tell you about (review) them? Can someone tell me where to start?

-- 01 Sep 2017, 13:22 --
Hi JudyJo, welcome back. It's really simple to navigate this site. All you need to do is use the navigation icon that shows on all the links you open in this site. Once you click there, you see all the options. You can choose to start your voluntary review by clicking on the review team page icon where you will be guided to choose your first book. Use the same navigation icon to browse through this site. Hope that helps.
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Dawn Grace
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Dawn Grace »

Hello, I am an avid reader and enjoy different genres and writing styles. I read a lot. Depending on size I can read 3 books a day or more. I can no longer work since I have a chronic illness. I thought I would check into this site. I like helping authors with reviews. I also like being honest about it since that helps the author out the most. I am a novice writer and hope one day I can put my thoughts together for book ideas roaming in my head. It's a challenge as I can't stay at the computer for long periods of time. I do love my android for ebooks.
Catalaya

Post by Catalaya »

Hello everyone!! I absolutely love reading and writing. I, like so many others, am a novice writer working towards being an author. My goal as a reviewer will be honesty and if necessary, to be encouraging and supportive. It can't be easy to put yourself out there in the form of your book. People who do so have my admiration and respect. As for me, I tend to read whatever captures my attention. I can also be seasonal. In the spring or summer, I tend to like memoirs and lots of nonfiction. Fall and winter? Something meaty like Game of Thrones or Outlander. I am such a sucker for romance novels. (Yeah, I admit it). I am especially mindful of childrens' books for my son.
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

Welcome everyone!
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
stickytapi7

Post by stickytapi7 »

Hello everyone,I'm new here hope to learn a lot.Thanks
Adventure Cat

Post by Adventure Cat »

Hello, this is Adventure Cat. Im an aspiring writer with two books published using eKindle on Amazon. But I also enjoy a good book too, comedy and adventures are my favorites.
BloggerNikki
Currently Reading: Bless Me Father
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by BloggerNikki »

Howdy,
I'm Nikki from Northern California. I review the following book genres: true crime, crime suspense and psychological thrillers. Always looking for book recommendations and books to review.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Skillian wrote:WELCOME EVERYONE! And well... I'm back! haha I used to be on here more a few years ago... now I am back after a long hiatus. Glad to see so many familiar peeps still hanging around. <3 <3

But a re-introduction is due. And no worries if you don't remember me. haha

My name is Shela. And I am an average human being.. specifically American. I do fall to some of the stereotypes that go along with that. I am generally happy. Um. I like a lot of things... which makes me indecisive at times. I love Jesus and my family. I probably like you already. Big news is that we are expecting our first baby! Whoop whoop! I still have my dog Maddie (black and white schnauzer mix) and now also a white short-hair cat named Bella. They are both total divas and altercations ensue. I think I am going to eat a chicken salad sandwich for lunch/dinner today. I like sunshine. Um... now my brain is blank. Nice to meet and re-meet all of you guys! <3
Welcome back and congratulations! :)

-- October 2nd, 2017, 7:12 pm --

Welcome everyone!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Xty
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Xty »

Hi , I am new... how do I get started?
Pretty Cynthia

Post by Pretty Cynthia »

Hi, everyone

Return to “Introductions”