Is Suicide Ever the Answer?

Discuss the August 2017 Book of the Month The Expansion by Christoph Martin.

View The Expansion on Bookshelves

View The Expansion on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Juliet Esther
Currently Reading: That place of knowledge
Bookshelf Size: 231
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliet-esther.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Re: Is Suicide Ever the Answer?

Post by Juliet Esther »

I don't know anybody who's ever committed suicide but I do know of a person who tried committing suicide because of stress from family, yes life can be difficult sometimes but suicide is never and has never been the answer. I believe in God and I think when times are difficult we should turn to Him
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Abayomi2060
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abayomi2060.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Abayomi2060 »

I absolutely think suicide is never the answer. There is ALWAYS another way out.
Shrebarsa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrebarsa.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Shrebarsa »

Suicide can never be the answer for any situation. It is just a cowardice act when people can't face their own difficulties.
Gikonyo Caroline
Currently Reading: Big Things Have Small Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 351
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gikonyo-caroline.html
Latest Review: Concealment by Rose Edmunds

Post by Gikonyo Caroline »

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary situation. The situation an individual would be facing mayseem ooverwhelming at the time and cause the individual to take his or her own life but as most who recover from failed suicidal attempts will attest to it is never the answer.
Leyla
Currently Reading: Banished Threads
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leyla.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Leyla »

It is a tough question. I knew someone who committed suicide. I felt his pain, I understand what was going through his mind. By the time we realized what was happening, we were too late to help. It is not the answer to any problem, but at the moment when you can't see clearly, nothing matters.

Situations can cloud your judgment. It's always good to have good support. Someone you can confide in, and steer you in the right direction when your judgment becomes clouded.
Phikim
Favorite Book: Skills of the Warramunga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phikim.html
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger

Post by Phikim »

Suicide isn't a better option. If at all it leaves you with a name, nothing better than a coward. Running away from the trouble will only make your a coward. Just face the troubles and challanges instead of killing yourself.
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger
dhwanis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhwanis.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by dhwanis »

I do know someone. While it is not the answer, I feel that those who take this step are so fed up of everything that they are looking for an end, not an answer.
Leonidas Ndeta
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonidas-ndeta.html
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann

Post by Leonidas Ndeta »

Suicide is never a solution to one's problems, in fact you adding problems and shame to those who are left behind
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
felix atanasi
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by felix atanasi »

sucide is never the answer but selfishness the characters parents only escaped nothing but gave themselves ticket to hell so sucide was never the answer
Wasif Ahmed
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wasif-ahmed.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00THRCA6E
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Wasif Ahmed »

Suicide is honestly never the answer. Many religions including mine consider it as a a way of going to hell. Some people say that people commit suicide because there life is screwed up but we all know that time heals everything.
When people say you've changed, it just means that you have stopped living your life, their way.
Colleen0701
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-colleen0701.html
Latest Review: "Kennedy's Revenge" by Stephen L Rodenbeck

Post by Colleen0701 »

Some people really cannot deal with life. Personally I think everyone should be able to choose. Unlike drunk driving, cigarettes and suicide only kills one person. I don't want to bring religion into it, but Christians believe God gives them a choice or the freedom to choose. I believe that extends to ending one's own life. :twisted:
Some people read to live. I live to read.
Latest Review: "Kennedy's Revenge" by Stephen L Rodenbeck
Leyla
Currently Reading: Banished Threads
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leyla.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Leyla »

Colleen0701 wrote:Some people really cannot deal with life. Personally I think everyone should be able to choose. Unlike drunk driving, cigarettes and suicide only kills one person. I don't want to bring religion into it, but Christians believe God gives them a choice or the freedom to choose. I believe that extends to ending one's own life. :twisted:

Just want to point out something. Christians do have freedom of choice, however, one of the Commandments is 'Thou shalt not kill'. That is not a choice. So on Christianity point of view, killing oneself or another is against God's law.

As an aside, everyone handles things differently, we do not have the right to criticize anyone because we don't know how we would handle the same or a similar situation.

I am sure there are many who have contemplated suicide, but a friend, family member, church member and sometimes a complete stranger guided them back. Reminding them there are other answers and to think of others. Some people are not so lucky to have someone to talk to. They may be blamed for everything and backs turned to them when they try to talk about what is happening to them. Abused in one way or another, even by a father. Thinking they are alone in their situation.

Some are really cowards. Not wanting to do the right thing, face the truth, face people. At the end of the day. Whatever the reason, it is wrong. Murder is murder, no matter how it is done or who does it.
Child
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-child.html
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Child »

I feel really bad for those who try to commit suicide, because they must have been really depressed, its such a terrible feeling.
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann
hebcandle
Currently Reading: The Crane
Bookshelf Size: 1222
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hebcandle.html
Latest Review: "A Kingdom Forgotten" by Charles W. McDonald Jr.
Reading Device: B00AGAS6XW

Post by hebcandle »

I don't think that suicide is ever the answer but I am compassionate to the suffering of those who feel that it is. I've known a couple of people who did commit suicide. All of them, except one person, suffered from untreated mental illnesses that I believe led to them taking their lives. They were unable to see a way out or to recognize their support system. But that decision always leaves devastation for those left behind, often with unanswered questions.
Latest Review: "A Kingdom Forgotten" by Charles W. McDonald Jr.
Londera
Favorite Author: Lauren Oliver
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... elirium</a>
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 391
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-londera.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2442

Post by Londera »

Personally I would not turn to suicide as a solution to my issues. But I can never know what goes on in the heads of those who are suffering. It would be selfish of me to force my opinions on someones elses situation. I understand why some people commit suicide.

Return to “Discuss "The Expansion" by by Christoph Martin”