Review by EWanyoike -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EWanyoike
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 2">Digital Fortress</a>
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ewanyoike.html
Latest Review: "Guardian of Deceit" by William H. Coles

Review by EWanyoike -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

Post by EWanyoike »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Who told you that you were naked? by William E. Combs is an in-depth look into the even that took place in the book of genesis particularly they that took place at the garden of Eden. The book starts by first giving a short personalized narration of what happened at creation. He inserts a story on how it may have happened that the snake managed to convince Eve to eat of the forbidden fruit and share with Adam.

He narrates how the fall came about, the resultant punishment as well as how sin came about. He goes on to point out that sin was not in the act of Cain’s disobedience but in his demeanor on seeing his sacrifice rejected by God. The writer refers to sin’s position as; crouching at the door. The book further looks at the reason for the tree being there in the first place. It was there to see the level of trust and faith they held in God. The books cover is also of note as its attractive and gives support to the title of the book

This book poses some questions that help one analyze the occurrences at Eden. The book attempts to help one understand what happened at Eden in detail while guiding the reader on the implications. I give the book a rating of 3 out of 4 as it helped me look at the happenings in a new light. I would recommend the book to theologians and Christians.

The book is however not good for new believers as it would confuse them. This is because many of the stories narrated never actually occurred in that exact way but are used as means of assessing the reason behind certain acts and beliefs. After every chapter there are a set of study questions for discussion. These are very good study aids in that they help one assess their understanding of the chapter as well as address any lingering questions they may have.

One drawback in the book is that it is easy to come to believe the narratives that are in the book especially after the premises are supported by biblical verse. I truly enjoyed reading this book especially because it helped me see more that before in the back-story of the narrative. Some chapters however confused me making it difficult to follow such as chapter 7. Otherwise the book is well written and easy to understand and follow.

Who Told You That You Were Naked?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like EWanyoike's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Guardian of Deceit" by William H. Coles
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1377
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: The Book of Moncoto by Mosetta Penick Phillips-Cermak, Ph.D.

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

i also reviewed this book. You got the main points, this book reminds me of something. nice review.
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”