Review by Leyla -- My trip to Adele

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Leyla
Currently Reading: Banished Threads
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leyla.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Review by Leyla -- My trip to Adele

Post by Leyla »

[Following is a volunteer review of "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

My Trip to Adele is a romance novel written by R. I. Alyaseer and A. I. Alyaseer. This romance novel is like no other as it is centered around three groups of people, none of which know each other but are connected by Adele's music and  the fact that she would be hosting her first live Adele 25 concert. The lyrics of Adele's songs, and her melodious voice, all have touched hearts of each character in the novel.

First is Yaser and Mariam. These are two successful surgeons who live in Las Vegas, USA. They  both feel as though their marriage could end at any moment. Both have their own view as to why their relationship is wavering. None willing to listen to the other's views. Yaser built their marriage on Mariam's faith. They lived by the same routine everyday. However, when he stopped believing in her faith, he stopped believing in her and their marriage. He had confused faith with love. Yaser was convinced that what was dead cannot be revived, so his faith was dead, so too was their marriage. They were joined together by the words and voice of Adele, and these words has been reaching out to him all the they were married. But is it enough to keep them together?

Elias and Malika. A tourist from Rome, Italy and a prostitute, both lost themselves in the sin city of Marrakesh, Morocco. Both searching for love. Both captivated by their own needs and desires. One for passion and one for freedom. Freedom from self, freedom of mind. Both oblivious to the fact that they both were travelling on the same road, but on different paths. Elias introduces Malika to Adele, who becomes her English Teacher and her ticket to Freedom. Elias is left, wondering and searching. Hoping to find the love he once lost. But did he truly love her? Or was it the idea of her care free behaviour that he loved?

The third group is, Nadia, a single mother and her son Waleed. They lived in Amman, Jordan. They are trapped in a tug and war with Nadia's ex husband, Waleed's father, who is hell bent on making Nadia regret leaving him and taking him to court for his son. He tries everything to make her unhappy. Nadia is determined to make sure that Waleed lives a happy life. She hides the struggles imposed in her by her ex-husband from Waleed to ensure that he isn't burdened by it all. Waleed's father uses the fact that he loved Adele, and was anticipating going to the Adele concert to get back at Nadia. Nadia goes the extra mile to ensure her sons desires are fulfilled to see Adele in concert, but her ex-husband has other plans. Nadia once again proves that her son is the most important thing in her life.

The only thing missing from the book were the romance scenes. But it had an interesting plot. It is very important to pay attention to the sub-headings at the top left of pages, otherwise you will get lost. Each character that is introduced to us at the begin of each sub-chapter refers to themselves as 'I'. You are not aware that the characters have changed unless you pay attention to the sub-headings which tells you the location of the characters. There were quite a few typos,  but they were not too distracting.

I was a little disappointed that there were no romance scenes. I was also moved when I finished reading to find that the book did not have the usual happy fairy tale ending for everyone. Overall, I would rate this book 3 out of 4 . You would have to read it yourself to find out the ending.

My trip to Adele
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Leyla's review? Post a comment saying so!
Jamaicanrose
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jamaicanrose »

A great review
Leyla

Post by Leyla »

Thank you Jamaicanrose. I hope you find the book equally as interesting
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

I have heard so much about this book .
Admirable review
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Leyla

Post by Leyla »

Thank you Darakhshan Nazir.
readandsmile
Currently Reading: Boom! A Revolting Situation
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readandsmile.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by readandsmile »

wow, I guess that you really enjoyed reading this book. I see more reviews on this book and it has a good rating. I'm glad you like it.
Reading is an antidote for...
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
Leyla

Post by Leyla »

Thank you readandsmile. I did enjoy the book. Especially the end. It wasn't what I expected.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”