Official Review: Beyond Embarrassment

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1377
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: The Book of Moncoto by Mosetta Penick Phillips-Cermak, Ph.D.

Official Review: Beyond Embarrassment

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Beyond Embarrassment" by JoAnne Lake with Julia Parker.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Do you feel helpless with your poor health condition? Health is wealth, the popular slogan promoting wellness. Healthy person can enjoy many things. How can a person still enjoy life despite of illnesses and diseases ? Being happy is a choice. Learn to share your anxieties which are the common cause of your embarrassment. And, how do you managed your embarrassment? Is it by being alone, hysterical or by sharing? Beyond Embarrassment, hope is present and joy still come.

JoAnne Lake shared her experiences and success Beyond Embarrassment. She is the author of this book that is full of practical advices and support in dealing with Neurogenic Bladder and Bowel Disorder. Along with, Julia Parker that is known as the "Biosleuth". She holds a Bachelor of Science in Microbiology from Purdue University. She finished her Master of Science in Pathology-SPHCM from the University of Washington.

Are your toileting routine took so long? When we have health issues, our daily routine is affected. Neurogenic Bladder and Bowel Disorder is common to aged women. It is the condition that impacts the brain, spinal cord, or peripheral nerves to and from the bladder. And, may result in Neurogenic Bladder Symptoms.

JoAnne, the author is diagnosed with Neurogenic Bladder and Bowel Disorder. She wrote this book to give hope and inspiration to all people that have the same condition with her. Her condition is relatively common to women, especially those who undergo vaginal deliveries. Sexual urge is affected that sometimes cause frustration. This condition often results in depression, isolation and full of hassle.

I like on how JoAnne carefully noted the solution she discovered. Is the effect of this condition can be halted? Yes, and that is the good news. How? Beyond Embarrassment, reach out for help, this is the first thing to do. Seek medical advice. Then, you need to reach out your partner and together create the pleasure. Secondly, positive outlook helps ease your problems. Do not isolate yourself because isolation is dangerous. Thirdly, don't give up. Share your problems in whom you have confidence. Lastly, which made me like the most, she wrote it. To give information, precautions, and to strengthen a person Beyond Embarrassment.

I love the quotes before the topic is being discuss because it gives excitement when I read it. This book made me laughed , shocked and conscious about my health, too. Aging is part of life as we get older. And, our body is at risk like Neurogenic Bladder and Bowel disorder. But, during youthful days, we can still prevent it. It is by not rejecting the negative signs of our body. When your body aches and tired, get some rest. Do not overuse the strength of your body.

This is a nonfiction book and well written. The format and topic is also good. I highly recommend this book for all women because women are usually the target of this kind of illnesses. And, you will really enjoy the "knowledge nuggets" for it is full of practical advices and tips to maintain good health. Therefore, I strongly give this book 4 out of 4 stars. The author did not hesitate to write her condition in order to give inspiration for all women that have the same condition with her. Even if, I disagree with confidentiality because the author included some health issues from other people. It is taken from her blog but if sharing might lighten their loads, it is good at the other side. And, it promotes awareness for all women to take care of their body, especially on younger days.

Beyond Embarrassment
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Jem Tomarong's review? Post a comment saying so!
Jeremie

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
Yaone
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yaone.html
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White

Post by Yaone »

The book sounds good and could be beneficial. I will add it to my to read list. Thank you for the review
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White
Jeremie Mondejar

Yaone wrote:The book sounds good and could be beneficial. I will add it to my to read list. Thank you for the review
Thank you for reading my review. I bet that you will learn a lot and will be able to share to the women you knew.
Jeremie

Ama Idim
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ama-idim.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty

Post by Ama Idim »

Nice review. I'll love to read. Health is wealth, the earlier we take care of ourselves, the better.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Jeremie Mondejar

Ama Idim wrote:Nice review. I'll love to read. Health is wealth, the earlier we take care of ourselves, the better.
I agree with you, as early as it is, our health must addressed first before anything else. Thanks Ama.
Jeremie

Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

I enjoyed reading your intro. Also, this is book seems like an important one to read because it addresses people's health. The advice in this book could someday help someone.

Great Review! ?
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Jeremie Mondejar

Amagine wrote:I enjoyed reading your intro. Also, this is book seems like an important one to read because it addresses people's health. The advice in this book could someday help someone.

Great Review! ?
Thank you very much for your compliment Amagine. You are right, this book is very helpful especially to a woman who experienced vaginal birth.
Jeremie

kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

It's nice that there is someone out there willing to talk about these issues. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Jeremie Mondejar

kandscreeley wrote:It's nice that there is someone out there willing to talk about these issues. Thanks for the review.
You are right kandscreeley, this book tackles confidential illness but it is also a great help to those who experienced the same situation.
Jeremie

IsabelMay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3761
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isabelmay.html
Latest Review: "Anna's Journey" by Gerald Miller

Post by IsabelMay »

We should never be ashamed to talk or learn about our body. It's sad to see it's a taboo theme even now in the modern age but I'm glad this author took a step forward and shared her experience and knowledge. I'm sure it will help many women. Thank you for the lovely review.
Latest Review: "Anna's Journey" by Gerald Miller
KlareAllison
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klareallison.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel

Post by KlareAllison »

I am generally drawn to books like this. I think it is commendable when people use their personal health experiences to help enlighten others. This is what the author has done with her book, Beyond Embarrassment.
"Sometimes I find myself sitting in one spot for hours, staring at nothing, feeling nothing, and most disturbingly, caring about nothing".

- Mahbod Seraji, Rooftops of Tehran
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

There are tons of info and good health tips in this, I read a sample of it somewhere, definitely worth it. Thank you for the great review
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Jeremie Mondejar

geoffrey ngoima wrote:There are tons of info and good health tips in this, I read a sample of it somewhere, definitely worth it. Thank you for the great review
Your right as what you have said. You can share it to the women you are connected with.

-- 03 Sep 2017, 18:42 --
KlareAllison wrote:I am generally drawn to books like this. I think it is commendable when people use their personal health experiences to help enlighten others. This is what the author has done with her book, Beyond Embarrassment.
Thanks for visiting Klare, beyond embarrassment, we can still help someone in need .

-- 03 Sep 2017, 18:47 --
IsabelMay wrote:We should never be ashamed to talk or learn about our body. It's sad to see it's a taboo theme even now in the modern age but I'm glad this author took a step forward and shared her experience and knowledge. I'm sure it will help many women. Thank you for the lovely review.
Your right, many people hesitate to talk about this condition but as they share, people are informed.
Jeremie

geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

You're welcome, and
Do drop by my review when u find the time pls

-- 04 Sep 2017, 02:33 --
geoffrey ngoima wrote:You're welcome, and
Do drop by my review when u find the time pls
ooh, you already did, my bad
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Jeremie Mondejar

Thanks for dropping again Geoffrey, and do share this to the women closest to you.
Jeremie

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”