Review by geoffrey ngoima -- The Dancing Barber

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
isrealolabanji
Currently Reading: The Water Trade
Bookshelf Size: 11

Re: Review by geoffrey ngoima -- The Dancing Barber

Post by isrealolabanji »

I must say this: the author as made all his time to write this book which is very good. Among all domestic pet, I don't really like cat. I prefer dog. It would have been better if the author use dog but I guess the author like cat. The write up was good every word and sentence used in this book was fully understandable with simple English. For those that have cat we better understand their cat.
Mallory Whitaker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mallory-whitaker.html
Latest Review: Color Me American by Silvia Sama-Lambiv

Post by Mallory Whitaker »

What an insightful and glowing review! You've really managed to capture what this book is about and why it's worth the read. I was thrown off by the cover, but your review has me desperate to read it. I love my books with humor, especially when they have complex plots and dark themes. Thank you for the warning that this isn't a quick or easy read. It will help me figure out when the best time to read it is. I look forward to reading more reviews from you! You're a real professional.
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

isrealolabanji wrote:I must say this: the author as made all his time to write this book which is very good. Among all domestic pet, I don't really like cat. I prefer dog. It would have been better if the author use dog but I guess the author like cat. The write up was good every word and sentence used in this book was fully understandable with simple English. For those that have cat we better understand their cat.
Haha, you must not really like cats. I agree. dogs are more likeable and useful(?). I hope the cat lovers don't see this.
Anyway, thank you for your comment, man.

-- 29 Aug 2017, 11:44 --
Mallory Whitaker wrote:What an insightful and glowing review! You've really managed to capture what this book is about and why it's worth the read. I was thrown off by the cover, but your review has me desperate to read it. I love my books with humor, especially when they have complex plots and dark themes. Thank you for the warning that this isn't a quick or easy read. It will help me figure out when the best time to read it is. I look forward to reading more reviews from you! You're a real professional.
Wow, Mallory, thank you, coming from you that's gold, haha. I just have a passion for words. I don't think, though, that it will be difficult for you, you'll just sail on thru. And with all that humour you won't feel much of the tragedy, or may be you will ;) It is a tricky affair.
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Ayosinmi
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayosinmi.html
Latest Review: "A Nation Divided" by Anthony R. Flagg

Post by Ayosinmi »

Nice review Geoffrey. I mean great review. You write well, exceptionally well. I will probably pick up this book someday soon. I'm that hooked by your review. Keep writing please.
Lord, protect me from my friends; I can take care of my enemies.
Voltaire, 1694-1778
geoffrey ngoima

Ayosinmi wrote:Nice review Geoffrey. I mean great review. You write well, exceptionally well. I will probably pick up this book someday soon. I'm that hooked by your review. Keep writing please.
Wow, you guys, to borrow a phrase from a fellow reviewer, you have seriously made my day with that comment, thank you so much. I will keep writing if you promise too, you write even better. And do get the book someday.
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Ayosinmi

Post by Ayosinmi »

Yeaaaa. I'm glad I have an effect on your day, and positively too. I also promise to keep writing. ? ☺. Check out my review of First Friday too. Thank you
Voltaire, 1694-1778
geoffrey ngoima

Let us do this more often, and when I'll post my next review I'll holla.
First Friday it is.
Ayosinmi

Post by Ayosinmi »

Definitely dear. Let's do it more often
Voltaire, 1694-1778
geoffrey ngoima

It's a date then
Ayosinmi

Post by Ayosinmi »

Hmmmm. Sure it is. ☺
Voltaire, 1694-1778
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1377
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: The Book of Moncoto by Mosetta Penick Phillips-Cermak, Ph.D.

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

Hi Geoffrey, I laugh at your review because of that book. You really enjoyed reading that book. you've done a very nice review.
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
Christina Rose
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-rose.html
Latest Review: The Last Leaf to Fall by Amy M. Watson
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Christina Rose »

geoffrey ngoima wrote:
Kelebogile Mbangi wrote:Wow! I like books which broadens ones view of a place and its people, this sounds very interesting! Thank you for this review.
You're welcome, Kelebogile

-- 29 Aug 2017, 03:34 --
Christina Rose wrote:Thank you for sharing your thoughts! This genre isn't typically for me, but your review made it sound more enticing.
Thank you, Christina

-- 29 Aug 2017, 03:40 --
Excitedreads wrote:Humour and a complicated plot.... hmm. I'm actually a fan of complex plots, so the more i have to dive in the better. Add some humour and a crazy cat, well u might just have a prize here. Your review was so intelligently written and i can feel your excitement while reading it. Thank you for your great review.
Thank you, Excitedreads, we have the same mind on complex plots there, ...
You are so welcome!
geoffrey ngoima

Jem Tomarong wrote:Hi Geoffrey, I laugh at your review because of that book. You really enjoyed reading that book. you've done a very nice review.
Thank you, Jem, for the words of encouragement
readandsmile
Currently Reading: Boom! A Revolting Situation
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readandsmile.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by readandsmile »

Every time I read the title of this book, I will always laugh. Even if how many times I'v seen it. I can't imagine a barber will dance. :lol:
Reading is an antidote for...
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
geoffrey ngoima

Haha, barbers do dance too, my friend, I was a barber once and I can dance. I think

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”