Review by chita betty -- Belas Rift

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
chita betty
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chita-betty.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Review by chita betty -- Belas Rift

Post by chita betty »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Belas Rift" by Stephan von Clinkerhoffen.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Belas Rift by Stephan Von Clinkerhoffen follows the adventures of Stig and Meg, aliens known as
Manna
, in their quest to save their motherland from the evil human, Anet. Anet seeks to extinct their race in a bid to get all the gold from their gold rich world. Stig and Meg are forced to follow her to earth to stop her from realising her plans. Upon their arrival, they discover that there is more to their quest than they initially thought. Their journey becomes increasingly intriguing as they solve one puzzle after the other in a bid stop Anet. Except for their gold, everything from their world is invisible on earth. They however discover that anyone with a pure heart can get a glimpse of them.

The message in the book is one of love, family and appreciation of nature. The three main characters, Stig, Meg and Anet, realistically represents good and evil and the conflicts associated with these familiar attributes. Human wickedness is shown in sharp contrast to the goodness and honesty of Stig and Meg. I was particularly touched by the innocence of the children in the story. Nature is given utmost respect and appreciation with the help of Meg. I loved the way Meg in particular, showed respect for the lives of animals and plants and actually fought to preserve it. The author skillfully brings out these complex themes with a touch of humor.

The balance between pictures and narrative in this book is interesting for a novel. There were a couple of full page pictures that helped illustrate some of the out of this world narrative. The illustrations enriched the story of the aliens. The images are bright and eye-catching. There is an overwhelming amount of detail in each picture, but it is just enough to hold one's interest while digesting the events that take place in the story.

Belas Rift was well written. The book was kind of slow paced in the beginning and a bit difficult to understand. The story however picked up pace later in the middle.

Overall, Belas Rift is an interesting and fascinating story. Aside from the slow beginning which may have only been from my perspective, I totally enjoyed the book. Therefore, I am giving Belas Rift a perfect rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves a funny story that involves solving mysteries. I would also recommend the book to anyone who loves stories about aliens.

Belas Rift
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like chita betty's review? Post a comment saying so!
MsTri
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1033
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Post by MsTri »

Great review. I've seen this book here, but gave it a pass, but now after your review, I may just give it a try.
chita betty
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chita-betty.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by chita betty »

You would not be disappointed

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”