Review by El-kanah -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
El-kanah
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-kanah.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Review by El-kanah -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

Post by El-kanah »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever for a moment thought why sin seems inevitable in our daily lives? Almost everyone thinks of the same answer; because Adam and Eve ate the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, which God forbade them to. But if we are to see a clearer picture, a re-examination of the events of the Garden of Eden is important. This is what William Combs' Who Told You That You Were Naked, a non-fiction novel, treats.

Adam has been in the garden for some days wandering as a result of loneliness. Not long, God creates Eve and make her Adam's companion, thereby extinguishing his feeling of loneliness. The couple live a life of joy and happiness, but this did not last long when eventually, satan deceive Eve through the serpent. Hearing the fruit will make them to be like their creator entice Eve to succumb to its deceit, she give it to her husband also, and they both eat of it. Immediately after eating the fruit, they come to realize their state of nakedness. Why is the couple aware of their nakedness only after Adam ate the fruit? What is the real meaning of the nakedness portrayed in Genesis 3:7? How does the knowledge of good and evil Adam and Eve acquired affected their immediate offspring and mankind at large? Find out in this thrilling novel Who Told You That You Were Naked.

This book is a christian novel that brings to light what the knowledge of good and evil is all about and its effects on our daily activities, especially our spiritual life. It also points out True Faith as the strongest key in Christ to overcome our powerful adversary, which is sin.

The author did a great job in that the text are simple to read and understand. Besides that, the endnotes included at the end of the novel for reference purpose contributes more than half to the success of the book.

It looks like this book has already gone through a series of edition because i found no shortcomings with the spellings and grammars. I really enjoyed the novel from the start to the end.The way the author discuss different characters and occurrences impressed me, giving me a clear picture and deep knowledge of different happenings in the scriptures. Moreover, the author's step to step approach to topics in the different chapters kept me interested in the novel, curious to know what is next. I therefore recommend this text to every christian and anyone interested in christian novels. It will boost your spiritual morale.

I find no reason not to rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The chapters are inter-related and sequential, with questions at the end of each chapters that can be discussed at Bible class.

Who Told You That You Were Naked?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like El-kanah's review? Post a comment saying so!
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

Hello, El-kanah. This book has been picking up a lot of perfect ratings. I am curious about this new take on the story of original sin. I applaud authors who are able to use creative means to teach Christian lessons.
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

I have been planning to read this one but haven't read it yet. Admirable review??
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
readandsmile
Currently Reading: Boom! A Revolting Situation
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readandsmile.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by readandsmile »

I like your entry question. I agree with you on your observation about this book. The author really did a great job. It is also an eye opener. Cool review.
Reading is an antidote for...
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
El-kanah

Post by El-kanah »

Miriam Molina wrote:Hello, El-kanah. This book has been picking up a lot of perfect ratings. I am curious about this new take on the story of original sin. I applaud authors who are able to use creative means to teach Christian lessons.
Hi there Miriam, yeah it is true the book is getting a perfect rating. You can check it out and see for yourself.

-- 22 Aug 2017, 16:07 --
Darakhshan Nazir wrote:I have been planning to read this one but haven't read it yet. Admirable review??
Thanks so much, but I'll be happy if you can pickup the book.

-- 22 Aug 2017, 16:09 --
readandsmile wrote:I like your entry question. I agree with you on your observation about this book. The author really did a great job. It is also an eye opener. Cool review.
I really appreciate your admiration, it's really encouraging.
Christina Rose
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-rose.html
Latest Review: The Last Leaf to Fall by Amy M. Watson
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Christina Rose »

This is a great book. I find a lot of Christian nonfiction to be difficult to read, but that's just not the case with this book. It was very thought provoking and informative. Thank you for your review!
El-kanah

Post by El-kanah »

Christina Rose wrote:This is a great book. I find a lot of Christian nonfiction to be difficult to read, but that's just not the case with this book. It was very thought provoking and informative. Thank you for your review!
Yeah, it's true many non fiction Christian novels seem complicated, but as you said, this one is different. The author really tried.
Ana Njeri
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-njeri.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Ana Njeri »

I have seen this book quite often and honestly I didn't give it much thought. Your review though, got me interested in reading the novel. Great work.
A ship is safe in the harbor but that's not what ships are for. So be the person outside the box, get out of your comfort zone, that's the person you want to be.
El-kanah

Post by El-kanah »

Ana Njeri wrote:I have seen this book quite often and honestly I didn't give it much thought. Your review though, got me interested in reading the novel. Great work.
It's fascinating you enjoyed the review, it will be great if you pick it up.
The Researcher
Currently Reading: Buried Threads
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-researcher.html
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by The Researcher »

Nice review. I have seen this book around. May be I will give it a try.
What is the most special thing I did today- I was MYSELF. Happy and in love and unapologetically myself.
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Julez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julez.html
Latest Review: Last Dance by Stephen Manning

Post by Julez »

Why is the couple aware of their nakedness only after Adam ate the fruit? That is a very good question. I'll have to find the answer to this question by reading this book. I have never been a fan of Christian non-fiction because I usually find it boring but I'll be making an exception this time due to your wonderful review of this book. Great job.
El-kanah

Post by El-kanah »

The Researcher wrote:Nice review. I have seen this book around. May be I will give it a try.
That will be nice, I look forward to you reading it.

-- 30 Aug 2017, 11:58 --
Julez wrote:Why is the couple aware of their nakedness only after Adam ate the fruit? That is a very good question. I'll have to find the answer to this question by reading this book. I have never been a fan of Christian non-fiction because I usually find it boring but I'll be making an exception this time due to your wonderful review of this book. Great job.
Thanks a lot Julez, I bet it you're going to enjoy the book. The author really did a thorough re-examination.
juliusotinyo
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotinyo.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by juliusotinyo »

I've also read and reviewed this book. I found it monotonous and couldn't stand it.
Alicnim
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alicnim.html
Latest Review: "Ever After" by H M Irwing

Post by Alicnim »

Belief novels are a bit of a stretch for me. Nice review though.
Latest Review: "Ever After" by H M Irwing
El-kanah

Post by El-kanah »

juliusotinyo wrote:I've also read and reviewed this book. I found it monotonous and couldn't stand it.
I'm glad you read and enjoyed the novel, thanks for your honest comment.

-- 31 Aug 2017, 13:33 --
Alicnim wrote:Belief novels are a bit of a stretch for me. Nice review though.
Thanks for coming out clean, but I will like you to check this out, you'll enjoy it.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”