Who still listens to ABBA and other songs from the '80s?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
Belynda White
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 8">Destiny Revisited</a>
Currently Reading: What Lies Within
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-belynda-white.html
Latest Review: "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: 1400697484

Who still listens to ABBA and other songs from the '80s?

Post by Belynda White »

Personally, I love music and even though I'm a '90, I totally enjoy music from the '70s and '80s.

What about you? :D
Most times, I fall flat on my face. But never do I remain on the floor; I rise again.
Anirudh Badri
Currently Reading: Quiet
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anirudh-badri.html
Latest Review: Galactic Passages: Planet 6333 by Dean and Anson Vargo

Post by Anirudh Badri »

I like a lot of music from that era, although my favorite would be Queen.
It is what you read when you don’t have to that determines what you will be when you can’t help it.

–Oscar Wilde
GPM
Favorite Book: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gpm.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by GPM »

I am not sure what the songs of ABBA are, but I listen to songs from the 80's. I love mostly country music since they are the music you need to relax. I also love Queen!
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Belynda White
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 8">Destiny Revisited</a>

Post by Belynda White »

Anirudh Badri wrote:I like a lot of music from that era, although my favorite would be Queen.
I totally love the '80s and I also love Queen! The '80s totally rock!

-- 18 Aug 2017, 03:41 --
GPM wrote:I am not sure what the songs of ABBA are, but I listen to songs from the 80's. I love mostly country music since they are the music you need to relax. I also love Queen!
ABBA is a beautiful group, two ladies and two guys. Their songs are so good that most movies still use them as theme songs. They were super amazing. You can Google them and listen to their album. I do love the '80s generally and I also love Queen. Michael Jackson too, of course! :D
Most times, I fall flat on my face. But never do I remain on the floor; I rise again.
JustEthel
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by JustEthel »

Me! I still listen to ABBA. They are my aunt's favorite too! My favorite songs from them are Honey Honey, Take A Chance, Fernando and Hasta Mañana. I grew up listening to those songs. And when I miss them I play their music from time to time. Bringing back lots of good memories.
juliusotinyo
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotinyo.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by juliusotinyo »

ABBA, Ace of Base... I never could differentiate these Swedish bands when I was kid. But, I still listen to them.
Belynda White

Post by Belynda White »

JustEthel wrote:Me! I still listen to ABBA. They are my aunt's favorite too! My favorite songs from them are Honey Honey, Take A Chance, Fernando and Hasta Mañana. I grew up listening to those songs. And when I miss them I play their music from time to time. Bringing back lots of good memories.
I also grew up listening to them because my dad loved them so much and I still get extremely excited when I hear those songs again.

-- 19 Aug 2017, 14:34 --
juliusotinyo wrote:ABBA, Ace of Base... I never could differentiate these Swedish bands when I was kid. But, I still listen to them.
I could totally differentiate them because my dad always left a label. :D
Excitedreads
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 667">Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows</a>
Currently Reading: Rich Woman
Bookshelf Size: 142
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-excitedreads.html
Reading Device: B00J8DL78O

Post by Excitedreads »

I still listen to most if not all of the 80's, though i was not norn in the eighty's. Actually my friends tell me im an old person trapped in a younger person's body because i listen to more older music than what plays today. I love Bon Jovi, Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson and Guns N Roses.
Between the pages of a book is a lovely place to be...
ikenna Arachie
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ikenna Arachie »

I love ABBA. My dad my dad played it every morning when we were kids, alternating with Jim Reeves. My favorite tracks are "Chiquittita" & "I have a dream"
Marylynn
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marylynn.html
Latest Review: "McDowell" by William H. Coles

Post by Marylynn »

I love music from the 70's. These type of music are timeless. I have listened to Abba, this group totally rocks.
Latest Review: "McDowell" by William H. Coles
Belynda White

Post by Belynda White »

Yes, they sure do.
Vivian Paschal
Favorite Author: John Grisham
Currently Reading: Southern Cross
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-paschal.html
Latest Review: What is priest Nation, The Seed, and the H5G by Herbert Scholes
fav_author_id: 2455

Post by Vivian Paschal »

Thanks to my mum, I'm just 20, but I can never be lost if I find myself in a place where older people are grooving to Abba. I love them!
Lisa1992
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Lisa1992 »

I do, even though some of my friends say I love oldies. Well, I would say a lot of oldies are goodies and ABBA music is one of them.
KlareAllison
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klareallison.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel

Post by KlareAllison »

I love the group, their music and videos. They are my father's favorite. Incidentally, the name of my village is Abba. I like their music because they are so lyrical. Take a Chance on Me still resonates somewhere in the recess of my mind... But do I still listen to Abba? No. However, I will like to listen if I have the opportunity to do so.
"Sometimes I find myself sitting in one spot for hours, staring at nothing, feeling nothing, and most disturbingly, caring about nothing".

- Mahbod Seraji, Rooftops of Tehran
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel
Belynda White

Post by Belynda White »

I listen to them a lot. Like Chiquita. That song has refused to walk out of my life.?

Return to “Poetry & Music”