Official Review: Contact and Conflict by Don Foxe

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Harmony Hills
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 0734">Anne of Green Gables</a>
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harmony-hills.html
Latest Review: "Alba" by B. E. Okoh

Re: Official Review: Contact and Conflict by Don Foxe

Post by Harmony Hills »

I really like sci-fis. And i agree with you that the protagonists always comes from the top of the best of humanities! Haha. Well, of course, in order to keep up with the alien race, i guess authors will always resort to this. You wrote a thorough review that made me want to read this! And i like books that will have me "on the edge of my seat until the end". Kudos!
“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” ― Neil Gaiman, Coraline
Latest Review: "Alba" by B. E. Okoh
TIGER999
Currently Reading: The Haunting of Winchester Mansion Omnibus
Bookshelf Size: 146

Post by TIGER999 »

Not much of a sci-fi nor series fan, but it sounds exciting for those who are. Good to hear the earthlings are trying to help alien refugees, instead of fighting them. Thanks for a comprehensive review!
Nwonye Obini
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwonye-obini.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Nwonye Obini »

An interesting science fiction story. Aliens exist around Neptune in our own Solar System. Take science fiction seriously, there may carry a lot of truth. I think this century will prove many science fiction stories right.
henna sonum rajpoot
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-henna-sonum-rajpoot.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by henna sonum rajpoot »

This book is an eye opener for all those who believe in the power of conflict that cannot be resolved even after marching straight into the outer space to survive as it opens up a whole new array of challenges for survival in the intergalactic world. It reminds us of our shortcomings as potential leaders and policy makers not to realize the undermining role of conflict in today's world which can have the disastrous impact later on and can lead not only to the destruction of our beautiful home here but also our future possibilities which can be effectively limited if we do not make contact with peace instead making contact with those aliens to fight a battle which can put our future survival at stake.
Nboyer
Currently Reading: The 11.05 Murders
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Nboyer »

The official review of Contact and Conflict by Don Foxe did a wonderful job of presenting the ways this novel stands out from the tired storyline of Earth's first contact with alien beings from space. I especially like that we (Earth beings) are able to not only communicate with the aliens, we forge an alliance with them in fighting other bad aliens. I cannot wait to read it.
Jeconiaomolo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 65">Heaven and Earth</a>
Currently Reading: Heads Will Roll
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeconiaomolo.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Jeconiaomolo »

A fast-paced science-fiction novel that throws the human race head over heels into an interstellar conflict. It sounds very interesting, personally, I like sci-fi books especially with alien's stories. I think this is a very good read that I should get hold of. Thanks for this great review!
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings so that you shall gain easily what others have laboured hard for"-
Socrates
Rebecca_Rivera
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readingrebecca.html
Latest Review: Weak Love and Strong Love by Hollie Jean Huff
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO

Post by Rebecca_Rivera »

I found the descriptions of this book very confusing and experienced none of that edge-of-your-seat excitement that I see in the reviews for this book. Space and aliens are my least favorite in the sci-fi genre. Is it my dislike of these things that makes the book hard to understand? The descriptions sound so technical and uninteresting to me. The only way I knew to answer this question was to pose it to others who have read or sampled this book and ask that some actual space/alien fans tell me their experience. Thanks to everyone who can share.
* *I miss snow!* *
yellosteel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by yellosteel »

[quote="ReadingRebecca"]I found the descriptions of this book very confusing and experienced none of that edge-of-your-seat excitement that I see in the reviews for this book. Space and aliens are my least favorite in the sci-fi genre. Is it my dislike of these things that makes the book hard to understand?

Well,to be honest the book is somehow technical probably due to the scientific/technological nature of it,notwithstanding it has a good storyline and well rounded characters even though some of were aliens.
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

Thanks for the awesome review. I have both book 1 and 2, so excited to get started on them.
Phikim
Favorite Book: Skills of the Warramunga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phikim.html
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger

Post by Phikim »

This sounds more of a movie than a book. The events are well articulated and described. Thanks to the writer.
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger
Afuglsan
Currently Reading: The Masked City
Bookshelf Size: 5445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-afuglsan.html
Latest Review: "STARLESS and Bible Black" by Gerard DiLeo

Post by Afuglsan »

I definitely agree about the miracle solutions! I understand the point of it, but sometimes it just makes the book a little "hard to believe." This novel sounds very exciting, though. I'll have to give it a read.
Latest Review: "STARLESS and Bible Black" by Gerard DiLeo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”