Best friends

Discuss the August 2017 Book of the Month The Expansion by Christoph Martin.

View The Expansion on Bookshelves

View The Expansion on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Best friends

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

I admire the friendship of Godfredo Roco and Max Burns. Though it was not perfect they really are true friends up to the trying times. How do you describe your relationship with a friend?
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

I have a pretty good friendships. I always make sure that there is honesty and trust between my friends and I. That was something that Godfredo and Max were missing.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Mallory Whitaker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mallory-whitaker.html
Latest Review: Color Me American by Silvia Sama-Lambiv

Post by Mallory Whitaker »

My best friends are the ones who have been around through thick and thin. They'll call me out on my crap, I'll call them out on theirs and we go on with our lives. I live far away from most of them and even if we don't talk frequently, we're always able to pick up just where we left off. My friends are people who would be there for me no matter what I've done, how long it's been since I've talked to them, what time it is or what they're doing, and I'd do the same for them.

I think the trying times are when friendship is really tested.
Izesicle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izesicle.html
Latest Review: With Malice Aforethought by Thonie Hevron
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Izesicle »

I don't have a lot of friends. The friends I do have are my very good friends. We support each other. we can even hang out silently, reading in different places but together.
Suzzete
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzzete.html
Latest Review: The FBI Inspector by Jay Dubya

Post by Suzzete »

The few close friends I have always inspire me to be better...I mean when we meet I feel like we are in a class teaching and learning from one another.
Kinnera
Currently Reading: Escape
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kinnera.html
Latest Review: "A Faithful Son" by Michael Scott Garvin

Post by Kinnera »

Friendship to me isn't as much about sharing as it is about having someone to count on. It's about trusting a person, regardless of how much you know or don't know about the situation, and being honest when things go to the gutter.
Latest Review: "A Faithful Son" by Michael Scott Garvin
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

I can't imagine life without friends. Some are there for a season, which is fine, sometimes that is what's good for both at the time. Others are there for life, helping each other, being there for each other for the long hall.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
k2rugman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k2rugman.html
Latest Review: Rituals of Season by Giovanna Ess

Post by k2rugman »

When I think about my relationship with my best friend I see that we are loyal and caring. We aren't afraid to step up and help the other person even if it may not be what we want to hear at the moment. We have tons of fun when we get together but we're also not afraid to just sit and do nothing.
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

There was a time when I didn't believe in friendship . I used to feel that it's just time pass or just for gossiping and when you'll need them, they will just run away to save themselves. May be that was because I had been betrayed by fake friends many times and it used to hurt like hell . But the word 'friendship' really started to mean something to me when I met a girl. She taught me what friendship is . She loved me and cared for me like a mother, like a sister and much more . It's been more than 4 years now since I met her and now friendship means everything to me .
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

Darakhshan Nazir wrote:There was a time when I didn't believe in friendship . I used to feel that it's just time pass or just for gossiping and when you'll need them, they will just run away to save themselves. May be that was because I had been betrayed by fake friends many times and it used to hurt like hell . But the word 'friendship' really started to mean something to me when I met a girl. She taught me what friendship is . She loved me and cared for me like a mother, like a sister and much more . It's been more than 4 years now since I met her and now friendship means everything to me .
I'm so glad for you Daraakhshan!

I have friends that I really think of simply just close acquaintances and then I have friends that I think of as family. My mom always says that siblings ought to be more than just blood related; they ought to strive to be friends and since I have 5 sisters, I know that I have 5 true friends.

Friends sacrifice for each other. Acquaintances simply try to have a mutually beneficial relationship.
Snowflake
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snowflake.html
Latest Review: Don't Think Twice by Barbara Schoichet

Post by Snowflake »

One of my favourite things about having a good friend is being able to be apart and then come back together as if no time had been spent away from each other.
peace starts with a smile...
Excitedreads
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 667">Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows</a>
Currently Reading: Rich Woman
Bookshelf Size: 142
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-excitedreads.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Reading Device: B00J8DL78O

Post by Excitedreads »

Snowflake wrote:One of my favourite things about having a good friend is being able to be apart and then come back together as if no time had been spent away from each other.
Me too! I believe that true friendships stand the test of time and space. And friends for me are those that can be brutally honest with you, and you with them, call you out when you're not right and vice versa. I thank God for the few I've found. Real. Honest. And true.
Between the pages of a book is a lovely place to be...
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Azeline Arcenal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zenalei7.html
Latest Review: Christmas in the Kingdom of Kool by Joan J. Harris

Post by Azeline Arcenal »

I like to have friends that you can always count on. While I enjoy being with people, I tend to have just a few friends that I know I can count on. However, I like meeting new people.
“The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you.” - W. Somerset Maugham
Leyla
Currently Reading: Banished Threads
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leyla.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Leyla »

I used to think I had many friends. It was when life changed that I realised who my true friends were. And those friends, I treat as I would want them to treat me. With love, respect, kindness, truthful, understanding.
Nishit Kumar
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nishit-kumar.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Post by Nishit Kumar »

Friends are those who stand together through thick and thin. Such kinds of friends are hard to find, harder to leave, and impossible to forget.
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Return to “Discuss "The Expansion" by by Christoph Martin”