What and how are you reading?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Christina Rose
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-rose.html
Latest Review: The Last Leaf to Fall by Amy M. Watson
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Re: What and how are you reading?

Post by Christina Rose »

I am currently reading "Santa Claus: The King of Elves" by B.C. Chase on my Kindle Fire. The Kindle Fire is great. It is s sturdy little device that was not too expensive. I use the Kindle App most of the time, but occasionally my book is under my documents tab.
Sayre
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reading Device: B01D3NZIMA

Post by Sayre »

Tai900 wrote:It's official! I am an Apple whore!
I have an iPhone, iPad and iPod. Right now I am reading an e-book by Christoph Fischer called Sebastian on my iPad's Kindle app.

I'd love to know who you are reading and on what?
I'm with you on the Apple train. :)

I'm currently reading The 11:05 Murders on my iPad Pro 9.7 and an iPad mini when I'm reading in bed. I have dropped the larger one on my face a few too many times lol.
hebcandle
Currently Reading: The Crane
Bookshelf Size: 1222
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hebcandle.html
Latest Review: "A Kingdom Forgotten" by Charles W. McDonald Jr.
Reading Device: B00AGAS6XW

Post by hebcandle »

I'm reading several books on different formats.
I'm currently re-reading The Legend of the Five Rings series and I'm almost done with the 2nd book: The Unicorn by A.L. Lassieur in paperback. I'm also reading the Sword Art Online Light Novels by Reki Kawahara and I'm on the first one in paperback. I picked up a paperback copy of Philosophic Classics: from Aristotle to Derrida at my used bookstore. I've been reading that one slowly. The last book I'm reading is from the Supernatural series, One Year Gone (book #7), by Rebecca Dessertine on my Nook HD+.
Latest Review: "A Kingdom Forgotten" by Charles W. McDonald Jr.
Haifa_books
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 14666">Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man</a>
Currently Reading: The Power of Now
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Haifa_books »

hi there...i'm currently reading a lovely novel by Liane Moriarty
and it's " The Hypnotist's Love Story "
it's lovely novel >> also reading in the same time "The thread " by Victoria Hislop" i only read a few pages
Rey Juaton
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Rey Juaton »

I love to read self-help and finance books. Right now, I am reading the book Think and Grow Rich on my Kindle app.
Licareads
Currently Reading: Droplets
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by Licareads »

I'm reading Droplets by Meaghan Rauscher in my kindle app on my phone.
bookmad
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by bookmad »

New to this site and am enjoying reading the interesting posts! Glad I found it by accident and thought I would pass on a recommendation for 2 books I've enjoyed recently. Both bought for a couple of pounds each on to my Kindle. I do that and then don't get swamped with books around the house which I'm loathe to throw away. The first I really enjoyed is 'The Belle Fields' by Lora Adams. The story covering the turbulent early life of a young girl who lands a job in the local Big House and gets embroiled when advances are made from 2 of the 'above stairs' family. Fast moving narrative and very descriptive coverage of the various special events enjoyed by all in late Victorian times. How the upper classes lived in those days compared to the poorer folks! Many twists and turns and quite an unexpected end. There's a sequel promised 'Ashes of Roses' which I can't wait for to see how the youngster's life evolves. The second I think poetry lovers would enjoy is 'Say Kangaroo' by Five Sisters. I wonder if this one is unique - it's written by (you've guessed it) - five sisters growing up in the 50's and 60's. The book is illustrated and a lot are funny, sad, 'quite deep' and cover memories of Christmases, pets, schooling, holidays etc etc. Apparently the youngsters were the family of a mum who did her level best and a dad who worked all hours but liked a drink! If anyone wants to give either a try - hope you enjoy - would love to see what others think?
Mallory Whitaker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mallory-whitaker.html
Latest Review: Color Me American by Silvia Sama-Lambiv

Post by Mallory Whitaker »

I'm reading The Saga of Bridget and Amanda, by Carole Love Forbes, on my iPad (via the Kindle app). I really only read books on my Kindle/electronically when I'm reading things for this site or get one for free from Amazon Prime.
Papercup
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Papercup »

I read on Moon Reader in my smart phone. I love the versatility and simplicity of it. I just finished reading Victoria Aveyard's The Red Queen on paperback. I spend my time reading self help books on my phone.
rusyalana
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 156

Post by rusyalana »

I'm reading "Electric by E. L. Todd" on my smartphone using Kindle application
bookmad
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by bookmad »

bookmad wrote:New to this site and am enjoying reading the interesting posts! Glad I found it by accident and thought I would pass on a recommendation for 2 books I've enjoyed recently. Both bought for a couple of pounds each on to my Kindle. I do that and then don't get swamped with books around the house which I'm loathe to throw away. The first I really enjoyed is 'The Belle Fields' by Lora Adams. The story covering the turbulent early life of a young girl who lands a job in the local Big House and gets embroiled when advances are made from 2 of the 'above stairs' family. Fast moving narrative and very descriptive coverage of the various special events enjoyed by all in late Victorian times. How the upper classes lived in those days compared to the poorer folks! Many twists and turns and quite an unexpected end. There's a sequel promised 'Ashes of Roses' which I can't wait for to see how the youngster's life evolves. The second I think poetry lovers would enjoy is 'Say Kangaroo' by Five Sisters. I wonder if this one is unique - it's written by (you've guessed it) - five sisters growing up in the 50's and 60's. The book is illustrated and a lot are funny, sad, 'quite deep' and cover memories of Christmases, pets, schooling, holidays etc etc. Apparently the youngsters were the family of a mum who did her level best and a dad who worked all hours but liked a drink! If anyone wants to give either a try - hope you enjoy - would love to see what others think?
HOORAY! The promised sequel to The Belle Fields mentioned above is 'hot off the press'. Ashes of Roses by Lora is a pacey book like her original and gave me at last answers to how the original characters ended up. At least one got what they deserved and was surprised how some of the others turned out. Obviously plenty of research again and read mine in just a couple of sittings. Couldn't put it down - again a totally unexpected ending. Hope anyone who tries either gives their comments on here? Good reading - hope you enjoy. :)
ebethina
Currently Reading: Homeport
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebethina.html
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly

Post by ebethina »

I like to read on my smartphone so that I have the book wherever I go. I still prefer hardcover or paperback. I read those at night before I go to bed otherwise the smartphone keeps me awake
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly
Alimc1030
Currently Reading: The Bellringer
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alimc1030.html
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty

Post by Alimc1030 »

I'm using my android phone using the Amazon kindle app to do all of my reading on here. I love the feel of a book in my hands but sometimes it just isn't practical.
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

I am currently reading Game of Thrones (Book 1) and it is a lovely leather bound book. I am about a quarter of the way through.
Alice Lippit
Favorite Author: Anna-Marie McLemore
Currently Reading: Carve the Mark
Bookshelf Size: 309
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-lippit.html
Latest Review: "My Author Is Dead" by Michel Bruneau
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 23555

Post by Alice Lippit »

I usually read 3 books at a time. I have a hard time focusing for long amounts of time on a single story, so when I find myself zoning out to the point of missing key points of the plot, I just switch! I usually read one book on my Kindle Paperwhite (because lit screens hurt my eyes), one physical book, and one audiobook from Audible. Although I try to keep my Audible reads to light-hearted novels since I enjoy taking notes, and that's something I can't do on an audiobook.
Latest Review: "My Author Is Dead" by Michel Bruneau

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”