Citizen's role in the maintenance of world peace.

Discuss the August 2017 Book of the Month The Expansion by Christoph Martin.

View The Expansion on Bookshelves

View The Expansion on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Citizen's role in the maintenance of world peace.

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

This story has a touch of international relations, States competition, and States' prestige. Each State tries to maintain good relationship with other States but citizens also play an important role in the maintenance of world peace. Karis Deen and her team did their part.
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

I do think that everyone has a role to play in the maintenance of world peace.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Izesicle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izesicle.html
Latest Review: With Malice Aforethought by Thonie Hevron
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Izesicle »

International relations is a very topical topic in an era of former super power countries leaving international groups or alienating other countries.
bookiegalke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookiegalke.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by bookiegalke »

if maintenance of world Peace is left only to a few it would amount to putting the weight of the world on them yet each only has two shoulders. therefore, it would only make sense if everybody helped.
'if you encounter a man of rare intellect, you should ask him what books he reads'
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

I sometimes consider world peace as a Cinderella story because of state conflicts. States compete to the extent of destroying each other.
Kinnera
Currently Reading: Escape
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kinnera.html
Latest Review: "A Faithful Son" by Michael Scott Garvin

Post by Kinnera »

While everyone has an opinion, I think in the long run, it matters very little unless there is a public representative who echoes the feelings of the majority well.
Latest Review: "A Faithful Son" by Michael Scott Garvin
Christina Rose
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-rose.html
Latest Review: The Last Leaf to Fall by Amy M. Watson

Post by Christina Rose »

Kinnera wrote:While everyone has an opinion, I think in the long run, it matters very little unless there is a public representative who echoes the feelings of the majority well.
This is very true, which is why a revolution of sorts is sometimes inevitable once those in power reach too high a level of corruption.
Spirit Wandering
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... bastian</a>
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spirit-wandering.html
Latest Review: JOURNEY - Becoming the Dream Walker by T.N. Bui

Post by Spirit Wandering »

Christina Rose wrote:
Kinnera wrote:While everyone has an opinion, I think in the long run, it matters very little unless there is a public representative who echoes the feelings of the majority well.
This is very true, which is why a revolution of sorts is sometimes inevitable once those in power reach too high a level of corruption.
I hope a revolution is not inevitable, as the blood shed from such an event could be significant. However, I do think each of us as citizens have a responsibility to work to hold those in power accountable when they cross the line, either in one's own country or in relationship to other countries.
Interested in books that help one's spirit move beyond the ordinary.
Christina Rose
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-rose.html
Latest Review: The Last Leaf to Fall by Amy M. Watson

Post by Christina Rose »

Spirit Wandering wrote:
Christina Rose wrote:
I hope a revolution is not inevitable, as the blood shed from such an event could be significant. However, I do think each of us as citizens have a responsibility to work to hold those in power accountable when they cross the line, either in one's own country or in relationship to other countries.
Perhaps revolution was not the proper term. However, once those in charge stop caring about what the majority thinks, then people should come together to find a solution. That typically includes overturning, impeachment, and the like, since it is unfortunate but true that once a leader is corrupt, he's not going to listen to reason.
juliusotinyo
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotinyo.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by juliusotinyo »

I believe the International relations narrative is driven/controlled by a select few individuals. The rest of the public simply buy into this narrative. A narrative borne out of ill conceived prejudices or economic prospects/competition. The net result is the conflict that we experience. It all boils down to resources or influence...just my view.
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

bookiegalke wrote:if maintenance of world Peace is left only to a few it would amount to putting the weight of the world on them yet each only has two shoulders. therefore, it would only make sense if everybody helped.

The reality is that not all countries are able or willing to help. And some countries do everything they can to do the opposite, to try to be on top, instead of working together for the better good of all.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
Excitedreads
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 667">Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows</a>
Currently Reading: Rich Woman
Bookshelf Size: 142
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-excitedreads.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Reading Device: B00J8DL78O

Post by Excitedreads »

The world consists of a multitude of different societies of different complexities relatingnand interacting with each other. People make up these societies. Therefore individual participation in trying to make the world a better place is key. A little goes a long way. Each person can do her or hisnlittle, and soon more will flock. Birds of a feather fly together.
Between the pages of a book is a lovely place to be...
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

Each and every individual has a part in maintaining peace of the world or in destroying it. It is action of each and every individual that make up to form the actions of a state. So, we all have to play that role with wisdom
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Excitedreads
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 667">Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows</a>
Currently Reading: Rich Woman
Bookshelf Size: 142
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-excitedreads.html
Reading Device: B00J8DL78O

Post by Excitedreads »

Darakhshan Nazir wrote:Each and every individual has a part in maintaining peace of the world or in destroying it. It is action of each and every individual that make up to form the actions of a state. So, we all have to play that role with wisdom
I agree. Wisdom does make a difference in how we treat with societal issues and whether it'll actually make a difference, but wisdom undortunately cannot be taught bt instead is learnt. We have to use the knowledge at hand, to gain the wosdom to make a difference. State is overrated. Individuals make changes.
Between the pages of a book is a lovely place to be...
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

I think that while it is true that world peace may be really controlled by a select few, the way the world is we never know how big our role is in the system so we ought to live like we are that select individual that world peace depends on. Even if you are the lowest rank member of society, history has shown us that the strong in character rise from the bottom.

Return to “Discuss "The Expansion" by by Christoph Martin”