What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

The Zookeeper's Wife. It was very good but also tearful and heartbreaking. 4 out of 4 stars.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
Eva Gallegos
Currently Reading: Writing Your First Novel
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eva-gallegos.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Post by Eva Gallegos »

I saw Pirates of the Caribbean 5 and of course it was great (at least in my bias opinion). I love Captain Jack Sparrow and though I am not a big fan of the fantasy genre, there is something about the misfits and the rebels, the ones who are willing to break the rules for all the wrong reasons sometimes, that I find very appealing. It was funny and witted, the hardest part it is to create something that makes you want to comeback for more, and this movie does that for me. 5 Stars
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
Excitedreads
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 667">Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows</a>
Currently Reading: Rich Woman
Bookshelf Size: 142
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-excitedreads.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Reading Device: B00J8DL78O

Post by Excitedreads »

I sae King arthur two days ago. I enjoyed the twist from the original tale. It really was quite different from what I expected. I thoroughly enjoyed Arthur's humour. He had an endearing personality. And he was never a royal brat who knew what was expected of him and just did it because he had to, but was a lad with a hard life in a brohel where he learnt to protecr his own, and as such ends up protecting his kingdom. The how and the why he became who he became felt more original to me than a prive who just accepted his duty... never mind graphics that make you think you are watching a game, it was a great movie. To all you celtic fans out here, try it!
Between the pages of a book is a lovely place to be...
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Kinnera
Currently Reading: Escape
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kinnera.html
Latest Review: "A Faithful Son" by Michael Scott Garvin

Post by Kinnera »

I saw Mulan last. It's amazing and I've seen it more times than I can count. I'd give it 9 out of 10, and keep watching it forever.
Latest Review: "A Faithful Son" by Michael Scott Garvin
Steph K
Currently Reading: The Hobbit
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steph-k.html
Latest Review: Ever After by H M Irwing

Post by Steph K »

The last movie I saw was a rewatch of the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie. 5/5! It had been so long since I saw it, I'd forgotten how much it made me laugh.
Nuz winnhy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188

Post by Nuz winnhy »

WONDER WOMAN AND I Love it!!
9 for me and 8.5 for my brother.
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

Baby Boss gets a 4 out of 4 stars! It had us laughing from beginning to end. Previews looked a little hokie, which it was in some ways, but very funny.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
Excitedreads
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 667">Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows</a>
Currently Reading: Rich Woman
Bookshelf Size: 142
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-excitedreads.html
Reading Device: B00J8DL78O

Post by Excitedreads »

I saw everything everything... was not at all ehat i expected, and am very glad i didnt spend money to watch it in cinema. I really expected something more
Between the pages of a book is a lovely place to be...
Tsundoku-san
Currently Reading: Ilustrado
Bookshelf Size: 25

Post by Tsundoku-san »

I watched The Zookeeper's Wife. It was beautiful and sad at the same time. Hmm.. Last movie that I watched was Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. Well, I was expecting more from the film because it was directed by Tim Burton but I was a bit disappointed by the outcome.
Oluchukwu Francisca
Currently Reading: The Golden Bowl
Bookshelf Size: 143

Post by Oluchukwu Francisca »

The Announcement
Nwoko Solomon Ikechu
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the End of Days
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwoko-solomon-ikechu.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Nwoko Solomon Ikechu »

I love movies, especially ones that add meaning and values to my life. Among them and latest one is John Gospel on Jesus of Nazareth. I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

The Ghost In The Shell. It's quite good. 8 out of 10
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
hlc85
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hlc85.html
Latest Review: "Walking In Blind: A Collection of Poetry" by Kaviru Gayathri Samarawickrama

Post by hlc85 »

I recently saw Annabelle Creation in theaters. I was disappointed with the first Annabelle since it was not very scary, but the new one actually had some tense scenes. Like most modern horror movies, (for those who wish to see it), it follows the predictable horror sequence and uses cliche means of creating the scary atmosphere. Overall, I'd give it a 7/10
Latest Review: "Walking In Blind: A Collection of Poetry" by Kaviru Gayathri Samarawickrama
Rey Juaton
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Rey Juaton »

The last movie that I saw was Glory Road. It's a very inspiring movie that teaches an excellent lesson to abhor racial discrimination. I rated it 9/10.
Maximums_Mc
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Maximums_Mc »

I just saw the bye-bye man and i think it was awesome. If I am to rate I will give it 4/5 stars.

Return to “Films and Books”