Review by rhiza021 -- Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
rhiza021
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the End of Days
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhiza021.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Review by rhiza021 -- Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by rhiza021 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Strong Heart, written by Charlie Sheldon, is a fiction book that brings its readers to a story of deep history, adventure and familial ties. The story started off when Tom’s ex-wife, Ruth, showed up while he was preparing for a backpacking trip with his friends, William and Myra. To Tom’s surprise, Ruth was with a problematic 13-year-old, Sarah, who she introduced as their granddaughter. Tom reluctantly agreed to tag Sarah along on their trip, where he planned to take care of his unfinished business.

While on the trip, Tom explained that he wanted to go to his grandfather’s grave and return a mysterious artifact. With Tom’s story about his grandfather, they were convinced that the artifact would save their place from the mining company. However, Sarah, together with the artifact, mysteriously disappeared after a heated conversation between her and Tom.

This book has 44 chapters and is partially written in Sarah’s point of view as she told them her adventure during her disappearance. I have to admit that I got a little confused with the first chapter of her story-telling. It is because what happened in her story doesn’t fit well with the length of time of her disappearance. As I continued on reading the story, I found out that this is part of the mystery and magical theme being offered by the book. This is just one of the things that made the book very interesting to read.

I have to praise the author for powerfully blending science, native history, magic and family relationships in its theme. The story is enjoyable and it feels like the book is really taking you to an adventure. You can feel the development in the relationships between the characters through their interactions. Although there are no solid backstory for the main characters, this didn’t become a downside of this book.

As for the writing, the book is well-edited and free from any errors. The information scattered throughout the book regarding the legends and theories that counter them is also a proof that the author has done his research. These details were written in a manner that the readers will enjoy reading them and wouldn’t get overwhelmed.

Overall, I like this book and I enjoyed reading it. There are no bad things to be pointed out and that’s why I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I strongly recommend this to anyone who wants to find themselves in an unforgettable adventure.

Strong Heart
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like rhiza021's review? Post a comment saying so!
Mallory Whitaker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mallory-whitaker.html
Latest Review: Color Me American by Silvia Sama-Lambiv

Post by Mallory Whitaker »

Great review! I am currently reading this book. I'm at the part about Sarah's adventure during her disappearance. I came on here to look at reviews to make sure I wasn't missing something. I found the beginning especially very confusing but I'm glad to know it is explained!

The details in this book really are something else.
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1377
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: The Book of Moncoto by Mosetta Penick Phillips-Cermak, Ph.D.

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

Thanks for your review, I love mysterious like magical books. That book reminds me of something. A very nice review. Thumbs up.
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
rhiza021
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the End of Days
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhiza021.html

Post by rhiza021 »

Mallory Whitaker wrote:Great review! I am currently reading this book. I'm at the part about Sarah's adventure during her disappearance. I came on here to look at reviews to make sure I wasn't missing something. I found the beginning especially very confusing but I'm glad to know it is explained!

The details in this book really are something else.
Yeah, I was kind of confused too but when I realized at the later part why, I can no longer point it out as a downside of the book. It is actually quite clever I guess.

-- 03 Aug 2017, 11:31 --
Jem Tomarong wrote:Thanks for your review, I love mysterious like magical books. That book reminds me of something. A very nice review. Thumbs up.
Thank you. This book is indeed magical.
testing123456
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by testing123456 »

Nice review. I'm glad the book isn't too overwhelming

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”