Official Review: The Genesis One Code by Daniel Friedmann

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
va2016
Favorite Book: The Vatican Protocol
Currently Reading: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance
Bookshelf Size: 716
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-va2016.html
Latest Review: The Mystery of the Hidden Cabin by M.E. Hembroff

Official Review: The Genesis One Code by Daniel Friedmann

Post by va2016 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Genesis One Code" by Daniel Friedmann.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This is a review of the book The Genesis One Code by Daniel Friedmann. This is a non-fiction that attempts to reconcile Judaism’s Genesis with the scientific views on creation of the Universe and creation of life on Earth. The target audiences for this book are those who are seeking to find out more about any relationship between the religious verses and the scientific facts.

The book begins with the need for reconciliation between the scientific and the religious views. The Genesis timeline of the creation of the Universe is provided. The logic behind how a single day of Creation is equivalent to billions of human years is well articulated. After this, the Genesis’s timeline of life on Earth and the corresponding scientific timeline are explained.

The author has made tremendous efforts to research on the topics of Genesis as well as the scientific evolution as illustrated by the numerous references listed. The author puts forward detailed calculations that link the Genesis time to the scientific time in an attempt to justify the reconciliation. There are pretty interesting points on how balanced the Universe is and how a slight change in the cosmic parameters would collapse the Universe. The scientific explanation behind ‘half-life’ and how it is useful to determine the age of a substance is well explained. Tidbits of information like potassium-argon having a half-life of one billion years are interesting.

The arguments made by the author to reconcile between the religious and scientific timelines fall short of being convincing. There are several instances of these arguments being shallow; for example, equating Wisdom with Hydrogen gas. The interpretations of the Genesis verses lack depth. The scientific reasons behind the explosion of life and appearances of new animals are not sufficiently covered. The reasons behind the major extinctions that happened before Adam’s sin are not provided. For reasons like these, the reader feels aporetic while reading this book.

There are several glitches in the narration, which indicates that proofreading has not been done thoroughly. There’s a passage in Chapter 3 that says “from the flowering of dinosaurs to the origin of human consciousness”, which should be “from the origin of dinosaurs to the flowering of human consciousness.” In many places, the hyperlinks don’t work or point to the wrong location. There are instances of redundant links for the same word. There are some spelling mistakes in the book; for example ‘subtle’ is spelled as ‘subtil’ in Appendix A. There are some mechanical errors; for example, ‘concludes’ should ‘conclude’ in Chapter 4. The formatting is mostly neat. The organization of the chapters is good.

Overall, I found this book falling short of its objective to reconcile between religious verses and the scientific observations with regards to the creation of the Universe as well as the creation of life on Earth. The reasons quoted for the need for reconciliation between religion and Science are not convincing, as religious and scientific people do co-exist peacefully today with their own views and beliefs. The interpretations of the religious verses are without depth. I would have rated this book a 3 out of 4 stars giving credit to the author’s extensive study of both the religious and the scientific texts. Since the book does not meet its objective, I rate this book a 2 out of 4 stars.

The Genesis One Code
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like va2016's review? Post a comment saying so!
bookiegalke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookiegalke.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by bookiegalke »

I'm always fascinated by books that explore the story of creation with a view of justifying their own personal theory. with this book however, I feel the lack of polishing in the editing might hinder my enjoyment of the book.
'if you encounter a man of rare intellect, you should ask him what books he reads'
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Aimy
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aimy.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by Aimy »

You have adequately explained what this book is about and why you are not convinced by the argument. I hope, next time you find a book that satisfies you.
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Kelebogile Mbangi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelebogile-mbangi.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Kelebogile Mbangi »

It was an interesting concept to begin with, its a pity that it wasn't well executed.
"And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!" - Dr. Seuss
LadyClaire
Currently Reading: Keys to Tetouan
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladyclaire.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by LadyClaire »

...sounds engaging. Too bad the writer was not able to express his feeling more convincingly. Thanks for the review, va.
To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.
-Bertrand Russel
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
rs1977
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rs1977.html
Latest Review: The Composition of Honey by J. L. Brandenburg

Post by rs1977 »

a book that takes on to try and explain the link between religious verses and the scientific facts - well, I am not looking for that. I would give this book a miss.
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1377
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: The Book of Moncoto by Mosetta Penick Phillips-Cermak, Ph.D.

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

:no-spoil: Great review. I am really curious about this book. On how the author reconcile the scientific facts and the Holy Scripture for somehow it is unbelievable. I also reviewed the part two of this book. It's convincing but I give it all to God all the mysterious ways of God.
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
jedreid
Currently Reading: Going Gone
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jedreid.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by jedreid »

Hiro's outbursts... Now that's something i really want to see.. Good job on the review!
BookHausJ
Currently Reading: Health Tips Myth and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 667
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookhausj.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by BookHausJ »

It took life to reconcile Biblical verses and Science. And no one knows but God. That's why Jesus have simplified it and said, "Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” And also said, Harden not your Heart when you hear his voice. This is an interesting book only by the grace of God. Thanks for the review!
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”