Review by Jan Moraa Onsomu -- My trip to Adele

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jan Moraa Onsomu
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 9266">Kite Runner</a>
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jan-moraa-onsomu.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Review by Jan Moraa Onsomu -- My trip to Adele

Post by Jan Moraa Onsomu »

[Following is a volunteer review of "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I’d recommend an Adele playlist for this love story. It’s the music that transcends borders and ties up the experiences of the various characters in this beautiful story. It’s where love meets Adele.

The story starts out with Elias, an Italian resident nostalgic about a temptress he met back home in Morocco. Her name was Malika. It is while traversing the streets of Rome, consumed by his vivid memories of Malika, that a fortune-teller tells him of the black magic that was the reason for his separation from Malika. Pertubed, he leaves for Morocco to find her. The flashback of events from their last meeting eight years ago is a walk through the old city of Marrakesh in Morocco: appreciating the touristic attractions sprawled across its squares, shrines and alleys and the robust economy fuelled by tourists coming to enjoy the local cuisine, culture and exotic pleasures. It is through his dealings in Marrakesh that we find out how he met Malika and in a heart-wrenching revelation get to resonate with his agony at the fact that he had fallen in love with her, yet had deserted her in the hope of meeting in a different time and place, at an Adele concert.

Elsewhere in Vegas, Yaser, trapped with a boring wife he thought was more keen on creating impressions of a loving home to her peers than actually living out good memories with him, is out seeing a therapist to save his marriage. Mariam, his wife, is ever so quarrelsome-almost bitter I might say-with everything about him, and seems hardly able to reconcile her feelings for him. It’s been eight years but it will have to take a miracle to save this loveless marriage. The miracle is a trip to Adele’s concert- but will these two actually make it there?

Nadia, on the other hand, is content resident of Jordan, having walked out of an abusive, loveless marriage. Her life now resolves around her only child: Waleed. In her independence and with a strong will to protect her son at all costs, she clashes with her ex-husband, causing retaliation that nearly breaks her resolve. She wants Waleed to meet his favourite musician at a live concert- will they make it there?

I rate My Trip to Adele 4 out of 4 stars because it was enchanting and captivating to read. All the main characters were very well developed and had such a compelling story driving each of their actions. It was inevitable, crying at Elias’ forbidden love on the Atlas Mountains. It broke my heart that Yaser was so miserable living with Mariam until I realised just how much caring she harboured in her heart, carefully concealed. It crushed me, riding back home to Waleed with Nadia, still as independent as ever, but more aware of what mattered the most in life. I especially loved that each chapter ended in song-and that the music was relatable to the chapter it had just concluded. Adele echoed through the pages of this book, fused seamlessly with these three love stories lived out by her fans. While maintaining love as the main theme of the story, the authors effortlessly touched on many other themes such as vice in society-especially the kind that is propagated by economic constraints, religion as well as culture and women empowerment. The editing was top-notch as well! To all the romantics out there, My Trip to Adele comes highly recommended!!! Many thanks to Ahmad and Rana Alyaseer for this amazing book!

My trip to Adele
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Jan Moraa Onsomu's review? Post a comment saying so!
Greyson
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Greyson »

Makes me very much interested in walking down this journey of love.
juliusotinyo
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotinyo.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by juliusotinyo »

Nice review, it was a nice story. I enjoyed Elias and Yasser the most.
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

I have heard so much about this novel. Thank you for such a nice review?
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Jan Moraa Onsomu
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 9266">Kite Runner</a>

Thank you all!
Naval Aulakh
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naval-aulakh.html
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien

Post by Naval Aulakh »

Thus is an amazing book. It is worth reading ?
Live Life to the Fullest and Enjoy Reading!!
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien
Mallory Whitaker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mallory-whitaker.html
Latest Review: Color Me American by Silvia Sama-Lambiv

Post by Mallory Whitaker »

I see so many positive reviews of this book but I'm just not sure if it's the right one for me. Your review definitely makes me think twice, but I'm still on the fence when there are so many other books out there. I loved your review either way though! Thanks!
Jan Moraa Onsomu

Mallory Whitaker wrote:I see so many positive reviews of this book but I'm just not sure if it's the right one for me. Your review definitely makes me think twice, but I'm still on the fence when there are so many other books out there. I loved your review either way though! Thanks!
You're welcome! Should you give it a try, I hope you like it as much as I did!

Naval Aulakh wrote:Thus is an amazing book. It is worth reading ?
Totally agree! ???
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

Many of us have been touched by this book. The authors have elevated fan art to a high level.

Thanks, Jan Moraa Onsomu, for a compelling review!
Jan Moraa Onsomu

Miriam Molina wrote:Many of us have been touched by this book. The authors have elevated fan art to a high level.

Thanks, Jan Moraa Onsomu, for a compelling review!
Thank you Miriam!
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

In choosing this book for my first review in this site, I was merely expecting to be entertained but I ended up with some pleasant surprises and more. It was a great read, indeed.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
Nimat87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nimat87.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Nimat87 »

This seems like a very interesting story. Your beautifully written review has indeed got me interested in reading the book. Thank you.
'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. '
-Will Durant, The Story of Philosophy (1926).
:eusa-think: :clap: :escribir:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”