Official Review: The Afterlife: Hereafter and Here at Hand

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Official Review: The Afterlife: Hereafter and Here at Hand

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Afterlife: Hereafter and Here at Hand" by Giulia Jeary Knap.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Afterlife: Hereafter and Here at Hand is an informative book written by Giulia Jeary Knap and is Book 1 of Between Heaven and Earth Series.

In this book, the author presents ways and techniques on how to communicate with our loved ones even after they have crossed over to the Afterlife. She introduces three ‘tried and tested methods to stay in touch with those who have gone before us’: (1) contact while awake in a quiet meditative state, (2) enhancing our awareness while falling asleep, and (3) dreams and lucid dreams.

This book offers answers and explanations to some perplexing and, probably in some cases, disturbing questions like: what happens when a person dies and where does he go. The author, who have witnessed public demonstrations of mediumship and who have attended courses held by certified mediums, shares some of her personal experiences in astral travel or astral projection also known as out-of-body experience or OBE. She also includes in this book the results of some of her research regarding near-death experience or NDE.

The book is, generally, well written, except for one notable error (sinking of the Titanic in 2012), massively-researched and well-referenced. The writing is easy to understand and is apparently intended for laymen. Even the exercises offered in the Appendix are easy to follow. The author, however, does not offer any form of treatment for medical problems.

I find several interesting topics in this book. First of which is astral travel which I have read a lot about in the past. The author is able to clearly describe the feeling of being separated from the physical body. Second is the description of the spirit world based on accounts from those who had the chance to visit the Afterlife whether as a result of temporary death, through mediums or through astral travel. My personal beliefs aside, I find her description enchanting making me wish that my departed loved ones are out there. Finally, I like the idea of being able to communicate with discarnate spirits. She makes it sound so easy and practicable as if it is as natural as practicing a craft like needlework.

Personally, I find the entire book very intriguing and interesting. However, less skeptical readers may find the book difficult to believe while the more skeptical ones may totally ignore the book. The decision lies completely on each reader.

I, therefore, rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It is informative and well-written. While readers who are interested in spiritualism may benefit greatly from this book especially the exercises the author offers, other type of readers may still find the book entertaining and enlightening. The most important part of this book, for me, is the explanation it offers about the reality of death, that there is a chance to get in touch with our loved ones even after they died. Other people may find talking to our departed loved ones frightening and morbid, but we may be surprised to know that there are some people who would like to do exactly that.

The Afterlife: Hereafter and Here at Hand
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like kimmyschemy06's review? Post a comment saying so!
bookiegalke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookiegalke.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by bookiegalke »

From this review, my perception on the afterlife is completely different from the author's perception. However everybody is entitled to their opinion
'if you encounter a man of rare intellect, you should ask him what books he reads'
Ralph Waldo Emerson
aubornejuliusapigo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by aubornejuliusapigo »

This is a great story especially for those who had doubts about after life and death
balakrishnan

Post by balakrishnan »

good story
JcGwapings

Post by JcGwapings »

Good Topic
Naidu sachin

Post by Naidu sachin »

This is a very good book and it's interesting to read after life and it's a good inspirational book
Samuel Ameh

Post by Samuel Ameh »

Afterlife is an important concept to dwell on especially as it cautions most minds about their 'here at hand' activities. Excellent work.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Very good review. I'm definitely one of those that won't be reading this book. I do like the way you handled the review, though. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Victorchase

Post by Victorchase »

Nice collection, so creative
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

Sounds like an interesting book to read. Even though I'm a sceptic I'd still want to read this book because I like to hear/read on different perspectives/ arguments.
Lilian Adora
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by Lilian Adora »

This book seems like a very interesting book. Would love to read it
Kimmy's review was great
Kinnera
Currently Reading: Escape
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kinnera.html
Latest Review: "A Faithful Son" by Michael Scott Garvin

Post by Kinnera »

I am skeptical about this whole experience definition, but it does sound interesting to read. Thanks for the great review!
Latest Review: "A Faithful Son" by Michael Scott Garvin
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

I should definitely read this book . Admirable review
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Kitkat3
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 1496">Milk and Honey</a>
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 254
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitkat3.html
Latest Review: A Bundle of Colorful Yarns by Louis Winslow

Post by Kitkat3 »

This sounds like an interesting perspective on the afterlife. I've always been skeptical but interested in communicating with spirits. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”