Review by Ashlly -- From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ashlly
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashlly.html
Latest Review: "Can I Be Frank?" by Rob Wyatt

Review by Ashlly -- From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by Ashlly »

[Following is a volunteer review of "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

From Drift to Shift is a book that is meant to bring 'life' where 'death' has been. It's a book that will help you to experience your work and life in a way that gives them balance, meaning and happiness on a daily basis. It will also give you the information, insight, and inspiration that you need to find meaning, fulfillment and happiness in your work and in your life. Not only that, it will help you discover your direction and what moves you as well as to identify the shift you may need to take in your own life in order to achieve success, happiness, and a joy that only comes from doing what you are meant to do and in being who you are truly meant to be.

The author begins by helping us to understand why we need the shift. The fact that you have everything in order does not mean that all is well in your life. You may have been used to routine and slipped into a comfort zone but if you become completely honest with yourself and dig deep down, then you will come to know that something is missing. Will you be like the masses and do nothing about it? Just go on with your life, saying, it's fine, it's just fine. Or will you bet it all on black, go blindly into the darkness and seek a more fulfilling existence, regardless of the payoff? She makes us understand that when we make a shift, we see the world much more clearly. We go from a tumultuous wave on the surface to deep water calm. We learn to value joy, passion, and a sense of fulfillment that transcends money, power, status and stuff.

To give us more insight and information, and to make the whole idea practical, the author has compiled different real life stories. According to her, they carry answers to the most honest questions you can ask about your own work and life. Having read them, I would say that I have found them very inspiring. There is no better way she would have told them. They are open, candid and speak directly to the heart.

As I was reading this book, I was totally amazed and wowed at how inspiring and deep it is. The author has used a very simple language that anyone can understand. It's detailed and on point. The stories she has used are very inspiring and encouraging. I felt enlightened and uplifted. It's the kind of book you don't want to put down once you begin reading it. It's engaging and challenges one to sit down and re-examine his/her own life. This book is a true roadmap to a successful, fulfilling and enjoyable life.

I recommend it to anyone who wants to know and discover their true self. If you want to know who you are, become your authentic self and make an exceptional and unique contribution to the world, you will find this book very helpful. If you are drifting along and something happens to you that is out of your control, you will blatantly know that it's time to make a shift.

Personally, I have learned a lot. I have been encouraged, inspired and uplifted. It has made me realize that there is another kind of life that I didn't know. I have enjoyed reading it. I haven't found any grammatical errors, spelling mistakes or editing errors. So am rating this book 4 out of 4 stars . It's? a wonderful book that many would enjoy reading and find helpful.

From Drift to SHIFT
View: on Bookshelves

Like Ashlly's review? Post a comment saying so!
Cesaria Baquero
Currently Reading: Hell Holes: What Lurks Below
Bookshelf Size: 334
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cesaria-baquero.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by Cesaria Baquero »

Splendid review I should say. I live to read inspirational books. Reading the review made me long to get hold of this book. Ashlly made a detailed, convincing description of this book that made me evaluate my own life and assess what I am missing all along. It made me rethink if I have to make the necessary shift sooner than I thought. Thanks for this great review and congratulations.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
testing123456
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by testing123456 »

Good review!
Ashlly
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashlly.html

Post by Ashlly »

Thanks a lot Cesaria...Get a hold of that book and you won't be disappointed. I promise.

-- 29 Jul 2017, 02:46 --

Thanks Testing123456

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”