Official Review: Solid Stone Revolving Door by E.G. Patrick

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Official Review: Solid Stone Revolving Door by E.G. Patrick

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Solid Stone Revolving Door" by E.G. Patrick.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Solid Stone Revolving Door by E.G. Patrick is an erotic romance novel and the first in the Solid Stone series. Featuring a successful lawyer and a shy paralegal, this modern-day romance starts off with a powerful introduction of what can be expected to follow in the upcoming pages.

Violet is a history major, recently devoted paralegal, and seems like the sweet and shy girl next door. Those who know her would never contemplate the intense fantasies that envelope her nights alone. Living vicariously through the fantasies in her dreams, Violet has never experienced a sexual relationship with another, that is until Adam comes strutting in. Adam is a successful lawyer, and one who has had his fair share of experience with women. Deemed as unattainable, Adam has his mind set to remain unmarried and unattached, but just how far will that allow him to go with the woman he can’t seem to get off his mind?

The plot for Revolving Door isn’t particularly original, but the characters and fairly short read was refreshing. Several of the actions of the two main characters seemed predictable throughout the story, but I was surprised that I enjoyed this story as much as I did. The themes intertwined in the story are far deeper than a traditional romance novel, including loss, heartbreak, mistakes, family, and overcoming the unthinkable.

I liked Violet’s character from the start of the novel, and felt that she was a nice mix to change up the other novels that could compete with this one. Although she is innocent and reserved, there is another side to her that is only explored when truly ignited. Told in a fast-paced nature and from Violet’s perspective, I was able to have a perfectly formed picture of who she was in my mind.

My biggest complaint within this story is the poorly structured conversation style between characters. The dialogue between Adam and Violet seemed forced and unrealistic, even when their relationship evolved from strangers to lovers. Another complaint I have from reading this story is a consistent editing issue that I was thankfully able to get past after the first few chapters. Every two to three pages, there is a random jumble of letters thrown into the middle of a sentence that is totally out of place and found throughout the entire book.

I enjoyed this book overall, so I am giving it a rating of 3 out of 4 stars. Despite the errors mentioned above, I was clearly interested in the story and am looking forward to seeing what is offered in the next book in the series. As a refreshing read, I have no doubt that other readers who enjoy romance with erotic scenes added in will also enjoy this charming story about two determined souls.

Solid Stone Revolving Door
View: on Bookshelves

Like klbradley's review? Post a comment saying so!
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This isn't my type of story, but I'm glad you enjoyed it. I do hate when the dialogue is unnatural. It really detracts from the book, in my opinion.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Kourtney Bradley

kandscreeley wrote:This isn't my type of story, but I'm glad you enjoyed it. I do hate when the dialogue is unnatural. It really detracts from the book, in my opinion.
It was distracting, but I was fortunately able to get past it. Thank you!
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
Ndayisabayamado3
Currently Reading: I Can't Make This Up
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Ndayisabayamado3 »

Romance is interesting as i am in times of puberty thanks for this review it's updated.
Kourtney Bradley

Ndayisabayamado3 wrote:Romance is interesting as i am in times of puberty thanks for this review it's updated.

Thank you!
–Vera Nazarian
Izesicle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izesicle.html
Latest Review: With Malice Aforethought by Thonie Hevron
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Izesicle »

Well There's not much I expect in terms of originality of plot when it comes to romances; however, it is expected for any book to have no typos that look like glitches.
Kourtney Bradley

I agree!
–Vera Nazarian
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Sounds like a nice tale for lovers of the genres. Too bad about the poorly structured conversation style. I am glad you enjoyed this story despite its faults. Great review!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Kourtney Bradley

gali wrote:Sounds like a nice tale for lovers of the genres. Too bad about the poorly structured conversation style. I am glad you enjoyed this story despite its faults. Great review!
Thank you!
–Vera Nazarian
geoffreyken
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 65131">The Devil's Dragon</a>
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by geoffreyken »

wow i like the book because it really talks about romance.
Kourtney Bradley

Definitely a nice read! Thanks!
–Vera Nazarian
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

I'm curious, is it just like pure romance, like pure pure, and no erotic scenes? Not that I am a fan of ero stories like 50 Shades, I'm just curious. 'Cause I want to read a refreshing and quick story and your review is just really good (which makes me curious about the book, I love it!)
Kourtney Bradley

It is romance with erotic scenes.
–Vera Nazarian
Zain CHeema
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Zain CHeema »

How to add this book in my shelf?
Kourtney Bradley

You can search the book in bookshelves.
–Vera Nazarian

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”