Review by Happy0003 -- Border Post 99 by Kedar Patankar

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Happy0003
Currently Reading: Australia's Shame
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-happy0003.html
Latest Review: "Border Post 99" by Kedar Patankar

Review by Happy0003 -- Border Post 99 by Kedar Patankar

Post by Happy0003 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Border Post 99" by Kedar Patankar.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

[Following is an official online review of " Border Post 99 No Man's land].

Border Post 99 No Man's land
is a fiction book written by Kedar Patankar and published by Global Mind Publishing.

In this suspense filled book, the author based his story on the Pakistan-india border. Here, lieutenant Sharma is a newly commissioned Indian officer who is posted to serve as a sentry at a post referred to as ' Border post 99 No Mans Land'. Major Jadhav who is lieutenant Sharma's superior felt it is impractical not to have a watch on no man's land, as he didn't trust his enemy. Lieutenant Sharma is given orders not to engage in any action with the enemy, as he is there just to observe the front line and report same to his superior on a daily basis via a radio transmitter.

During the course of his daily activities and border patrol, lieutenant Sharma got to discover that the Pakistan's had also sent an officer (Captain Khan by name) to keep an eye on the border.
The two enemy sentries now aware of each other had to thread with caution as they both took turns in humiliating each other. Since their respective superiors told them not to engage in any action that could be a set back to the ongoing peace talks, they had to avoid killing each other.

This book is both interesting and entertaining as it kept me guessing the next line of action of both sentries. The author ensured that the story was suspense filled, such that on picking up the book, it left one with no option than to finish it.

Furthermore, I also liked the way the author put in much details in explaining the childhood memories of both sentries, their environment around the border and many other scenario's. This is important because apart from making one to appreciate nature, it makes the reader to imagine a perfect picture in his mind.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. This is because the story line was simply amazing. There was hardly any grammatical errors and that made the reading even more enjoyable. Also, the way in which the author outlined the book was unique. It was arranged in such a way that there was suspense at every point and unlike other stories where one can predict the outcome right from the onset, this wasn't the case.

In conclusion, Border Post 99 No Man's land is a very entertaining, short and suspense filled story which can be read by almost everyone. I enjoyed reviewing this book as I couldn't stop reading it till I got to the very end. Do you love a brief and suspense filled story? If yes, do well to read this book, as this is the real deal.

Border Post 99
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Happy0003's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Border Post 99" by Kedar Patankar
Izesicle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izesicle.html
Latest Review: With Malice Aforethought by Thonie Hevron
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Izesicle »

I agree with you about the vivid descriptions. I easily imagined a movie based on this. Feel free to check out my review. I rated it 4 out of 4 stars.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”