Official Review: The Limitless Real Estate Leader

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tanaya
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanaya.html
Latest Review: Beans...Finding My Way Home by Debi Brown
fav_author_id: 1746

Official Review: The Limitless Real Estate Leader

Post by Tanaya »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Limitless Real Estate Leader" by Brenda Fontaine.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Limitless Real Estate Leader: Building a Successful Business, Family, and Legacy is a business advice book by Brenda A. Fontaine.

The author was raised by an abusive, alcoholic mother and a father who was a hard worker. Her father achieved his dream of owning a business despite having only a fifth-grade education. Wanting to have a better life than her parents, the author had a strong desire to succeed from a young age. She takes us through her childhood and various businesses until she landed on real estate. Throughout the book, she shares both her successes and failures, such as not passing the state exam the first time. She discusses the challenges of having a family-run business, how to be an effective leader of a real estate team, and ultimately the realities and decisions in growing your business. Using her personal stories, she weaves in solid, practical advice and words of inspiration, with occasional reflections on her faith.

The author has a very personable writing style. She packs in just the right amount about her personal life so that the reader gets to know her not just as a successful business woman but as a human being. She ends the chapters with five lessons learned from different phases in her life or pertaining to certain aspects of running a business. The book as a whole flows remarkably well. Though I have no experience or particular interest in real estate, the writing was very accessible. As advertised, the book has life lessons that don’t apply just to real estate. Mostly, I just enjoyed reading about Brenda Fontaine’s life. Her authentically charming personality draws the reader in. She tries to make the book relatable to any dream or goal the reader may want to achieve. The book is filled with inspirational quotes from the likes of Veronica Roth, Steve Jobs, Michael Jordan, and Sheryl Sandberg, among others. The book ends with a series of lists for quick reference, such as her success tips, characteristics of a superstar sales professional, her family business rules, and so on.

What I liked most about the book is that Fontaine constantly emphasizes a strong work ethic and integrity. She worked hard to make her dream come true. She would study for the state exam on weekends and while the kids at her daycare were napping. Then she did real estate part-time initially, working 12 hours a day for her daycare business and doing real estate nights and weekends. She has a go-getter attitude that is very commendable. Her perseverance and dedication shine through when she shares things like: “I did my presentation to an empty chair every night I didn’t have a listing appointment.” She has a great philosophy about clients: truly putting the client’s best interest first, even if that means advising them not to sell. She encourages the reader and shares great advice for those new to real estate. Willing to be vulnerable, she even shares an embarrassing story when showing a property to potential clients. Herself always looking for ways to improve, she wants readers to learn from her mistakes. Her passion, drive, ambition, and enthusiasm are outstanding. By walking us through the stages of her business, she effectively reflects on how to grow your team slow and steady for long-term success.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. There wasn’t anything I didn’t like about it. I was drawn to read the book because it’s not intended just for those in real estate. It can also be read as a motivational book. I would recommend this book first and foremost to anyone who is interested in practical advice and reflections on starting a real estate business. I would also recommend it to those who enjoy real-life stories of overcoming adversity and achieving your goals in life.

The Limitless Real Estate Leader
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Tanaya's review? Post a comment saying so!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

It's nice that this isn't intended just for those in real estate. It sounds like it has good, practical advice for everyone to follow. Thanks for a good review. Glad you liked the book.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Tanaya
Currently Reading:

Post by Tanaya »

Yeah, it was a refreshing read!
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

Even though it sounds like it is for those in real estate, it's a book that others can be motivated by as well. Sounds interesting!

Great Review!
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

Strong work ethic and integrity is key. Sounds like a great book. Great review as well.
stalliongirlke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stalliongirlke.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Post by stalliongirlke »

from the review, this would make a sure read in my 'books to read' list for the simple reason that i am interested in pursuing a career in real estate. This book would serve as a perfect pointer in the right direction for me especially because i want to establish my own company then grow it gradually. Thanks for the good review.

-- 02 Jun 2017, 04:12 --

the only place success comes before work is in the dictionary ~ Vince Lombardi
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MarisaRose »

At first, this one didn't really pique my interest. I'm glad it's so much more than just a 'real estate self-help book'! Glad you found it so motivational. Great review :)
Chrys Brobbey
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrys-brobbey.html
Latest Review: "Break up with Defeat" by Jermaine Francis

Post by Chrys Brobbey »

It is very inspirational that she overcame childhood adversities to become a real estate agent. She shows the limitless potential at the disposal of each of us. Thanks for the review.
Latest Review: "Break up with Defeat" by Jermaine Francis
Tanaya
Currently Reading:

Post by Tanaya »

Thanks for the comments! This book inspired me in so many ways!
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-okoko.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

Thanks to the author for sharing her success real life story. Nice review.
Tanaya
Currently Reading:

Post by Tanaya »

Yeah, it was nice of her to share it!
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

A business advice book that gives practical advice on starting a real estate business sounds inspirational. It is nice that the author shares both her successes and failures. Sounds like a good motivational book for those interested in real estate business. Not my cup of tea, but I am glad you found it helpful. Thank you for the review!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Julia Reig
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Julia Reig »

Success and failures of every man is a real experience every individuals can actually share or not to share, the author did its best to have us benefit from his success and failure...
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

It's always nice to read a motivational book that can appeal to those who have goals to achieve. I love how the author shares her personal experiences and gives practical advice with a personal writing style. I can definitely see how a strong work ethic and integrity would lead to your dream coming true. I love that she gives examples that makes her seem vulnerable and that she encourages readers to learn from their mistakes. I'm not into real estate, but it's nice to hear that this could also appeal to those who enjoy stories of people overcoming adversities. Thanks for the great review!
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
El-kanah
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-kanah.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by El-kanah »

Success is not determined by your background, rather, it is based on your determination and perseverance. Nice autobiography.
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”