Official Review: What is and isn't Working for the Alcoho...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Moniquejm
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 2759">What is and isn't Working for the Alcoholic and Addict</a>
Currently Reading: Small Change
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moniquejm.html
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger

Official Review: What is and isn't Working for the Alcoho...

Post by Moniquejm »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "What is and isn't Working for the Alcoholic and Addict" by Alberta Sequeira.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What is and isn’t Working for the Alcoholic and Addict by Alberta Sequeira is a non-fiction book. The book has something to do with the life and personal experiences of the author when she lost her husband and daughter because of addiction. The major content of the book was a series of testimonies of different people who experienced and overcome addiction.

I admire the author and those who shared their lives for having the courage in sharing their sufferings and difficulties they went through while recovering. I am very thankful that I have read this book because it helps me understand many things about addiction. This book gave some answers why people involved with addiction. It also gave ideas on how relatives and friends should properly handle and help these addicts overcome their alcohol or drug addiction.

My best experience while reading the book was there were sharing and discussions with my family members and friends. I keep on sharing to them every time I saw a sentence or paragraph that was inspiring or educational for them to learn from this book. From this story, we realized that sometimes the treatment towards the person involved from addiction is not the proper way, sometimes it worsens their situation. I can say that I really have a wonderful time reading this book because there was so much information I gained and I shared to others.

I rate this book What is and isn’t Working for the Alcoholic and Addict 4 out of 4 stars. I highly recommend this book for everyone because the challenges mentioned and lessons from the story can be applied to any difficulties in life. To the family members of those people who are struggling with addiction, I encouraged you to read the book because you will surely learn a lot on how you will handle, understand and support your family member in his/her critical situation. Also, this book provides awareness on the available support systems and other programs that can be extended and applied to achieve faster and higher possibility of addiction recovery.

To those people who are experiencing addiction and those who are currently recovering, I request you to read this book because it will help you a lot. It will open your mind and you will realize many things that will inspire you more to turn your back from alcohol or drug addiction.

What is and isn't Working for the Alcoholic and Addict
View: on Bookshelves

Like Moniquejm's review? Post a comment saying so!
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

Great review! I also highly rate those who share their testimonies to help others.
Moniquejm
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 2759">What is and isn't Working for the Alcoholic and Addict</a>

Post by Moniquejm »

Jaime Lync wrote:Great review! I also highly rate those who share their testimonies to help others.
Thank you. This is a great book to read.
Vallen Kale
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vallen-kale.html
Latest Review: "Keys to Tetouan" by Mois Benarroch

Post by Vallen Kale »

Thank you for such a great review. I do have some colleagues who are struggling with alcohol addiction and they have been working hard to better themselves for the past two years. I will recommend this book to them! Again, thank you :)
Latest Review: "Keys to Tetouan" by Mois Benarroch
Moniquejm

Post by Moniquejm »

Vallen Kale wrote:Thank you for such a great review. I do have some colleagues who are struggling with alcohol addiction and they have been working hard to better themselves for the past two years. I will recommend this book to them! Again, thank you :)
Thank you Vallen Kale. Yes please recommend to them to read this book. It will surely help them a lot in their recovery.
MNCEDISI
Currently Reading: My Trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by MNCEDISI »

Thank you for such a detailed review. It is really worth to read such books thus I love the fact that you recommended it. Drug addiction is really a serious crisis within our lives today. People need help on how to overcome that and the book has a lot to offer!
Moniquejm

Post by Moniquejm »

MNCEDISI wrote:Thank you for such a detailed review. It is really worth to read such books thus I love the fact that you recommended it. Drug addiction is really a serious crisis within our lives today. People need help on how to overcome that and the book has a lot to offer!
Thank you. Yes reading this book is really worth it. Let those who are suffering from addiction read the book.
zannu
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by zannu »

Alcohol has never solve any depression but people tend to hide under the influence to act out impulses, however the book shows her inner thought which can be denote by the readers what is working and isnt working here was a word of delima the writer is trying to strike a balance
Moniquejm

Post by Moniquejm »

zannu wrote:Alcohol has never solve any depression but people tend to hide under the influence to act out impulses, however the book shows her inner thought which can be denote by the readers what is working and isnt working here was a word of delima the writer is trying to strike a balance
I agree, taking alcohol will not solve any depression. One problem to the Alcoholic are most of them are in "denial" They do not want to accept that their situation are already worse.
BestReviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 2">Walking In Blind: A Collection of Poetry</a>
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bestreviews.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by BestReviews »

My friend is an addict. Every day we fight about this. This book is a must read. I hope after reading this book, I will be able to help him and advise him to read too.

Thank you so much for the review.
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka
xenon

Post by xenon »

Wow!! I love this
juliuscheruiyot
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by juliuscheruiyot »

Thank you for the review,actually the problems brought in by alcohol to our people in the current world is is getting high and for the content here i say thank you for it helps the addicts to know the way forward.
Moniquejm

Post by Moniquejm »

[quote="BestReviews"]My friend is an addict. Every day we fight about this. This book is a must read. I hope after reading this book, I will be able to help him and advise him to read too.

Thank you so much for the review.[/quote
Thank you. There are many insights we can gain from this book. Let your friend read this. Your friend might be encourage to stop from being an addict. You are a big help to him.
ANDRIANARIVO

Post by ANDRIANARIVO »

Thank you also for such a great review. I have a bro in law who are struggling with alcohol addiction and he has been working hard to get out from that situation. I will recommend this book to him of course, thanks to you
Moniquejm

Post by Moniquejm »

ANDRIANARIVO wrote:Thank you also for such a great review. I have a bro in law who are struggling with alcohol addiction and he has been working hard to get out from that situation. I will recommend this book to him of course, thanks to you
Please let him read this book, also family members can read the book too. Family members can gain ideas how you could help him. Hopefully your brother in law will really do his best to recover.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”