Review by Ebe Read -- From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ebe Read
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3364">Good Omens</a>
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebe-read.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Review by Ebe Read -- From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by Ebe Read »

[Following is a volunteer review of "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I have not previously been a reader of spiritual self help books, but this book opened my eyes.

It exposes the areas in our lives that gives us trouble and indicates that for some people the changes that are needed come about with violence and unexpectedly while for others it is a gradual, nearly unobserved change that takes place and unless you are aware of the signs you might miss the need to change and be that much poorer and less fulfilled in your life thereafter.

The author uses the lives of people who have been forced in some way by life to make changes, some drastic and others not through the impact of life on them, but rather through their own awareness of need, to show how to observe the signs, follow the route and what choices there is to be made to achieve a higher and better life and a spiritual change that brings growth.

From Drift to Shift points out that man does have the capacity and power to change life, fortune and future for himself and others through his ability to make decisions and stick to them. With the exercise of our intellect we can and often do make the right decisions which lead to expansion as a person and in our lifestyles and the value we have within our culture and societies.

The sections in the book deals with the importance of knowledge, trust, the love and support of those close to us or just around us in our daily lives. They point up the need to belong through our own efforts or just as a part of something bigger and the impact of these things on our survival.

The Shift is indicated to be from one area of importance to another. In each case the shift is beneficial and sometimes only after several adjustments of mind and actions do the people in the examples achieve the happiness and stability that they had been working towards.

For me personally, this book has brought an insight in an area of my life that I needed to acknowledge and achieve change in. I am happy to say that I am very glad that I read this, as it gave me some valuable tools for improvement and betterment of my own situations.

I did however find some descriptions and vocabulary difficult which left me with some questions, but I am sure that it would be enlightening to someone who has more grounding in the concepts. I am giving the rate of 4 out of 4 stars as From Drift to Shift in my opinion is of great value to all who feel that something is missing in their lives and would like to make an honest and real change.

From Drift to SHIFT
View: on Bookshelves

Like Ebe Read's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-okoko.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

I like self help books and this one will be a must read for me. Glad to know it changed your life. Congrats to the author for getting 4 stars. Thank you for the review.
Spirit Wandering
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... bastian</a>
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spirit-wandering.html
Latest Review: JOURNEY - Becoming the Dream Walker by T.N. Bui

Post by Spirit Wandering »

In my own journey, I have often found that the right person or book can help provide valuable insights into needed shifts in my life. Glad to hear this book was helpful in your journey. Thanks for the review.
Interested in books that help one's spirit move beyond the ordinary.
KitabuKizuri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitabukizuri.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by KitabuKizuri »

Well written, I've read the book and found it has good potential for helping people who need to identify and make positive changes in life.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”