Official Review: Planned Collapse of Americanism

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
CTdeF
Currently Reading: Slaughterhouse-Five
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ctdef.html
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part I" by B. Truly
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Official Review: Planned Collapse of Americanism

Post by CTdeF »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Planned Collapse of Americanism" by Edward glinka.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

There may be something to those wacky ideas government conspiracy theorists have. When you think about the hoopla surrounding the 2017 US presidential elections with all the media manipulation and elitist interference, you have to entertain some doubts about the legitimacy of the so-called democratic system. Things have been going downhill for some time now. Bank bailouts, a constant state of war, corporations being granted the same rights as citizens, and unethical offshoring practices, all contribute to the current, rather bleak economic situation. Perhaps President Trump will save the day.

There wasn’t much that Edward A. Glinka had to say in his book Planned Collapse of Americanism that I was not familiar with. For some time, I’ve been aware of an inequality in the current governmental system. If you look at the original framework set up way back in the 1700s, it’s easy to see that it was never meant to be fair. The entire thing has been rigged since its inception. So why all this hysteria now? Well, according to the author, even with President Trump’s miraculous election, complete and total societal collapse is a mere 20 years away.

Even though some of what the author says can be verified externally, the manner in which he presents this information prevents anyone but the most dedicated Prepper from taking his warnings seriously. Awkward phrasing, missing commas, misuse of apostrophes, invented vocabulary, poor grammar and general errors (President Howard Trump?) turn what could have been an impassioned call for awakening to the mumblings of a homeless man holding a cardboard sign on the street corner.

Then there are the sources. While there is both a section for works cited at the end of the book and a few citations within the text, the reliability of many of the sources can be called into question. I realize that it is becoming more common to reference internet websites. After all, there’s nothing like a good fact-checked, verified site when making your point on a blog. Unfortunately, using biased internet sites as references in a written text detracts from the overall credibility of the book.

Some fabulous quotes were included in the text. There were also some doubtful ones. For instance, the direct quote “The high office of the President has been used to foment a plot to destroy the Americans freedom, and before I leave office I must inform the Citizen of his plight.” Pres. John F. Kennedy is not only incorrect grammatically, but also has never been proven to have been spoken by said president much less on the date the author comments on in parentheses (10 days before him being assassinated). Both its use as a factual statement and the horrid syntax caused me to cringe.

Though the intent was good, once credibility has been demolished, it’s hard to take the rest of what Mr. Glinka has to say seriously. The ranting goes on for an agonizing 415 pages only to end with Mr. Glinka exhorting readers to keep up the good fight, stay vigilant and stock up on toilet paper.

Readers who prefer unsubstantiated and blatantly false statements that enhance their end of the world drama scenarios will enjoy Planned Collapse of Americanism by Edward A. Glinka. Citizens concerned with the current troubling trends and possible negative outcomes are best advised to do their own research elsewhere.

I rate this book 2 out of 4 stars due to the plethora of inaccuracies spouted as truths and poor grammar.

Planned Collapse of Americanism
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like CTdeF's review? Post a comment saying so!
Jason F Boggs
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jason F Boggs »

Although I won't be reading this because as the reviewer alludes to, there is a plethora of websites and you tube commentators on the current state of politics in America, both on the right and the left and although these are fascinating and entertaining, I need to escape from it, not immerse myself into yet more opinion dressed up as fact. After all, Propaganda is to democracy as a truncheon is to a dictatorship, one attempts to fool us into thinking a certain way with the illusion of choice, the other through force, the outcome is often the same but I digress. An interesting and good review and although I much prefer content over correct grammar (I'm rather forgiving if it's good overall), I understand why grammar annoys avid readers the same way that poorly edited movies is a source of consternation for screen junkies, regardless of how good the story/characters are.
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-okoko.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

This sounds like a book i should keep away from. Politics should be factual. I would also not want to read a book with numerous grammatical errors. Thank you for the review.
CTdeF
Currently Reading: Slaughterhouse-Five
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ctdef.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by CTdeF »

I totally agree with your rationale for choosing another book to read. I was disappointed, to say the least. It had slipped my mind that people can be so far to the right or left as to make it impossible to follow the logic in what is said. So, the book was a good reminder for me in that regard, anyway.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”