Official Review: Charge of an Angel by Linda Diane Wattley

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kdonegan91
Favorite Author: Wanda E. Brunstetter
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 202">Never Cry Again</a>
Currently Reading: Ironbark Hill
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdonegan91.html
Latest Review: "A Matter of Faith" by Duke Woodrick
Reading Device: 1400699169
fav_author_id: 19883

Official Review: Charge of an Angel by Linda Diane Wattley

Post by Kdonegan91 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Charge of an Angel" by Linda Diane Wattley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever met someone that was so kind, genuine, calm, and loving that you thought that this person may be an angel? Do you have a friend that seems to make every situation better by just being present? In the non-fiction novel Charge of an Angel by Linda Diane Wattley, the protagonist, Leona Marie Tillard, is this angelic person and everyone that meets Leona is touched by her Godly presence. The book begins with Leona's unexpected birth and the horrific circumstances surrounding it. Unfortunately, as her life progresses, it only gets more complicated and horrendous. In her young life, she experiences betrayal, abuse, hidden secrets, and unhealthy relationships. However, through all of this, Leona keeps her faith in God and often finds solace in His presence. She is a strong, level-headed, courageous, and a smart young woman. On the other hand, will the horrible events in Leona's life change her heart, faith, and angelic spirit?

I was completely captivated by this book and I found it hard to put it down. There are numerous aspects of this novel that I appreciated. Firstly, I enjoyed how the author left many questions unanswered throughout most of the book but clears up the confusion perfectly. Although the reader is left with a cliffhanger, I felt satisfied when the book concluded. Also, the character development is superb. Leona matured greatly throughout the novel and I felt like I was with her during the entire process. In addition, I never knew what was going to occur next. There are so many twists and turns and I could not predict any of them. Furthermore, Wattley's style of writing is phenomenal and the book progresses smoothly. I also did not find any errors in the formatting of this novel.

Also, I felt very close to the characters in this book because the story takes place in Akron and Columbus Ohio. I live near Akron, Ohio and could relate to the characters' physical and social environments.

Although I absolutely loved this book, I did find a great amount of spelling and grammatical errors. There were not so many errors that it interrupted my reading because I could easily predict what Wattley was trying to get across to the reader. Ultimately, after Charge of an Angel is proofread again, it will be an excellent book.

I rate Charge of an Angel by Linda Diane Wattley a 4 out of 4 stars. I believe this novel deserves a perfect rating because of the excellent character development and the unpredictability. The author is extremely talented and leaves the reader thinking about the characters long after the book has ended. I would recommend this book to anyone that enjoys reading about the ups and downs of life. Also, God is at the center of this book so it is great for Christian readers as well. However, I would not recommend this book to young readers under the age of 18 because some of the events are graphic and not appropriate for a young person.

Charge of an Angel
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Kdonegan91's review? Post a comment saying so!
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. - Wayne Dyer
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Sounds like a very encouraging story. I'm glad you enjoyed it so well. I'll have to look at it. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Kdonegan91
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 202">Never Cry Again</a>

Post by Kdonegan91 »

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my review. ?
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. - Wayne Dyer
meteku4
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meteku4.html
Latest Review: "Followed my Star" by AR Annahita

Post by meteku4 »

Your review is touching and appetizing. Thanks for your time. It is a must read for me!
Latest Review: "Followed my Star" by AR Annahita
Chrys Brobbey
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrys-brobbey.html
Latest Review: "Break up with Defeat" by Jermaine Francis

Post by Chrys Brobbey »

This book looks similar to the 'Touched By An Angel' drama TV series, and I'm much touched just by reading the review. Kudos for the thoroughness of the review in giving such an insight into the book.
Latest Review: "Break up with Defeat" by Jermaine Francis
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MarisaRose »

This sounds like a book with a very powerful message. Hopefully the author decides to get this book professionally edited - I think the errors would distract too much from the meaningful story for my taste. Interesting review!
umele Victoria
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by umele Victoria »

Nice but boring thou
Kdonegan91

Post by Kdonegan91 »

Thank you all for your kind words and for taking the time to read my review. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and I hope you do too.
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-okoko.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

Reading your review makes this sound like a very interesting book to read. I like the fact that it is well edited. Nice review.
Kelebogile Mbangi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelebogile-mbangi.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Kelebogile Mbangi »

This sounds like an inspiring book. Character credibility is very important to me, so I think I could enjoy reading this. Thank you for your review.
"And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!" - Dr. Seuss
Kdonegan91

Post by Kdonegan91 »

Thank you both :)
margaretnjeri
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by margaretnjeri »

I have read the review and the book sounds quite interesting and lot of creative writing.
ebethina
Currently Reading: Homeport
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebethina.html
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly

Post by ebethina »

Sounds like something I would read. I like Christian books and that is what it sounds like. Thank you for sharing.
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly
Abigail Oj
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abigail-oj.html
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Abigail Oj »

this sounds interesting...i love characters like Leona's and the fact that its Christian also makes me want to read the book. nice review!!
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Juliet Esther
Currently Reading: That place of knowledge
Bookshelf Size: 231
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliet-esther.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by Juliet Esther »

I can't argue with 4 stars, the book seems very inspiring and encouraging and even motivating. I would want to read the book and see for myself. Great review
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”