Official Review: Trojan by David L Wallace

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anki_Real_Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 55282">The Palace of Illusions</a>
Currently Reading: 2 books same content: You'll Do Anything for Him. You'll Do Anything for Her
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anki-real-reviews.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill
Reading Device: B00LHLASDU

Re: Official Review: Trojan by David L Wallace

Post by Anki_Real_Reviews »

I like the hidden themes more than the central plot. Seeing people as people, irrespective of their financial or other attributes, is extremely important. Great review!
"A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading." ~William Styron
Kitkat3
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 1496">Milk and Honey</a>
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 254
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitkat3.html
Latest Review: A Bundle of Colorful Yarns by Louis Winslow

Post by Kitkat3 »

Great review! I like the Trojan horse symbolism for the mole inside the government. I love fast paced books that make you think at the same time. Sounds like a cool main character as well. 8)
ReadersCode
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by ReadersCode »

I like the comparison of the Trojan horse in the Trojan War to the modern world in the case of a deceiving game to win. Enemies among friends, who will you trust, who will you believe? I love the story already. Great Review! :)
CaitlynLynch
Currently Reading: Conquering Writer's Block and Summoning Inspiration
Bookshelf Size: 3245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlynlynch.html
Latest Review: The Hand That Feeds You by Amos Cartell
Reading Device: B01AZ7LQ00

Post by CaitlynLynch »

This sounds wonderful; treating all people as human beings regardless of rank is something we should all strive for, and I'm delighted to hear about a book with a protagonist who does so!
Texas_Jazz2016
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 7394">Into the Fire</a>
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the End of Days
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-texas-jazz2016.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Post by Texas_Jazz2016 »

Great review. Very insightful. The sample I read was very interesting, full of intrigue and moving at a good pace. After reading your review I will have to put this on my 'to read list'.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives only one. George RR Martin
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
blessing john
Currently Reading: My Trip To Adele
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by blessing john »

conspiracy,gunflights,car crashes,creates hummor in the book it makes the reader focus and gives him the passion to read more,the enemy within also deals with an enemy hiding among friends when this statement is closely viewed it has some true fact in it and it will then drop a message to the reader,the protangonist view people as people which implies that there is no discrimnation of any level one is.i love the book,the book has both simple and complex diction and the use of figure of speech is well notified on the book.trojans by David wallance is a nice book :)
normindrasarawi
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-normindrasarawi.html
Latest Review: "Apollo's Raven" by Linnea Tanner

Post by normindrasarawi »

Seems like an interesting read. I’ll definitely add this to my read list. Thanks for that wonderful review.
Latest Review: "Apollo's Raven" by Linnea Tanner
g-cosentino
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by g-cosentino »

The Amazon sample I read bears little resemblance to the official review of Trojan. Hackneyed writing, a plot that resembles the latest apocalyptic movie or TV series, nothing to recommend it to someone looking for an honest read. I give it one star for effort.
Nyawera Gikaru
Currently Reading: The Worst Pet Peeve Ever
Bookshelf Size: 184

Post by Nyawera Gikaru »

Being a political book interesting especially the mole part it shows how moles can be found anywhere even in strong offices.
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

Thanks for the detailed and honest review. I love the idea of going back in time and helping the readers relate with the ancient people. I will surely love this because of its theme of people and their relationships with one another in the face of fear and tragedy.
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi
BookishBookkeeping
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =6703">The Count of Monte Cristo</a>
Currently Reading: Atlas Shrugged
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishbookkeeping.html
Latest Review: "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by BookishBookkeeping »

Well written review. I especially liked the reference to the Greek story. This book sounds so intriguing.
Latest Review: "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman
abosaeed
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by abosaeed »

I was impressed by the story of the reality of the horse of the Greeks and their treachery of the Trojan people, and the Trojan horse virus that ruined the computer systems, because the same evil, Victor's character was good and loves the good of his family and his country.
Joanatems
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Joanatems »

Wow am actually impressed by the way you explained the tittle of the book and plot. I really love how it made us feel related to the characters because it made us feel close to there lives and this make us want to see how in one way or the other there characters or behaviour relate to ours. I really did not have a detailed understanding about Trojan horse and the fall of Troy prior to this. But now I can proudly say I understand it. It was really a good work. David L. Wallace really did a great work. :techie-reference:
Chitopogi
Currently Reading: the marvelous adventures of gwendolyn gray
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chitopogi.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Chitopogi »

Great review of a soon to be great book! I find the book Trojan by David L Wallace telling a story that is right down my alley and I am to purchase the book and read it! Congrats #BOTD! :tiphat: :techie-studyingbrown:
Mina Stark

Post by Mina Stark »

What an eye opener review, this is so useful especially to those book reserchers, to the people in the field of IT and to those who are interested. I admire how you organized this review effectively which highlights the main character's role.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”