What defines a (super)hero?

Discuss the June 2017 Book of the Month, Superhighway by Alex Fayman. Superhighway is the first book in the Superhighway Trilogy, so feel free to use this forum to discuss not only the first book but also the other books in the series.

View Superhighway on Bookshelves
dtez
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What defines a (super)hero?

Post by dtez »

A supper hero must be a person of high integrity....quick on making ideas and putting them into practice......i mean a well organised person and also with a lot of experience on various fields.....he/she should also have a human heart, have mercy on others ....and finally be ready to give help in case of any emergency..........should not be quick on anger
Joseph Mungai

Post by Joseph Mungai »

a super hero can be define as who help the needy to get justice by using what he or she has eg money,power or any thing else
Jeyran Main
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeyran-main.html
Latest Review: "Stalking The Shadows" by BJ Edwards

Post by Jeyran Main »

Someone that puts their health and life before anyone else's is a hero.
Latest Review: "Stalking The Shadows" by BJ Edwards
Ashie
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Ashie »

A superhero is anyone who gives hope to others, despite their character.
LAWRENCE OMIDIORA

Post by LAWRENCE OMIDIORA »

In a novel, a hero or super hero have very similar things in common. The story line radiates around the hero and is the protagonist in the play/story.
The story begins and ends with the hero.
The hero could end well or badly but again , the story is weaved around the hero.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

When I hear the term superhero, I imagine a man or woman in a fancy costume with supernatural abilities, therefore fantasy.

Heroes are flesh and blood like you and me; therefore, we can all be heroes. And believe me, many of us are heroes one time or another to at least one other person. Only the impossibly selfish aren't.
IsabelMay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3761
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isabelmay.html
Latest Review: "Anna's Journey" by Gerald Miller

Post by IsabelMay »

I always had this idea in my mind: not all heroes wear capes. They are, in fact, ordinary people who see what other can't and instead of complaining how this world needs to change, they actually do something. No matter how big or small, the only important thing is to go out there. Another thing I am quite bothered about is that in literature as well as in movies, heroes always know how to fight. Is that truly necessary? I don't think so. Being great in martial arts and defeating the villains by using violence does not make anyone a hero. To be one, you have to sacrifice something of your own and give it to others, whether it is your time, wealth, power or life.
Latest Review: "Anna's Journey" by Gerald Miller
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

Anything that would enhance one's desire to help others ... Being a superhero doesn't mean that you have to posses some kind of superpower , all you need is a warm heart with a desire to help others no matter what .
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Justus onchomba

Post by Justus onchomba »

A super hero is always the winner or succer

-- 26 Jun 2017, 03:46 --

Is a well and organized mind that leads to success to whatever he or she does
Ebe Read
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3364">Good Omens</a>
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebe-read.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Ebe Read »

Hero - Latin Heros - meaning 'to watch over, protect'. To my thinking this would be the protector of all things that forward the ethnic values, lifestyles and happyness and survival of all life or concepts that leads to those. Super - means 'above or over'.
There is also the fact that something can not be done without something else being undone. So I guess it is a matter of whether the benifit is greater than the loss that would make a super hero.
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
Nancy mbogo

Post by Nancy mbogo »

Re: What defines a (super)hero? Actually is the person who does or did something which stands out which empact people lives positively As for Alex he as money to change poor people lifestyle but for sometime not for ever Riches does not make u hero Any person can be hero in one way or another

-- 26 Jun 2017, 05:50 --

Re: What defines a (super)hero? Actually is the person who does or did something which stands out which empact people lives positively As for Alex he as money to change poor people lifestyle but for sometime not for ever Riches does not make u hero Any person can be hero in one way or another
Justus onchomba

What define a hero is the person who fight for achievement of something to ensure that the society as whole benefit from the same .I.e fighting for raw material owned by tycoon illegally back to the owners.

-- 26 Jun 2017, 08:32 --

Hero can be even a person who rescued people from being slaves , killed or being undermined by a group of people fighting for their own interest. Not the interest of the communities
Kelebogile Mbangi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelebogile-mbangi.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Kelebogile Mbangi »

A person who makes a positive difference in the life's of others.
"And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!" - Dr. Seuss
Justus onchomba

A hero may be even a security officer fighting on line of duty to eliminate harm from a certain area or community as whole .that person after success he deserve to be a hero
NikkyT
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyt.html
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by NikkyT »

I view a superhero as having a special ability or strength, Harry Potter (magic) Superman (strong, flying etc.) a fantasy sort or person. Whereas I think anybody can be a hero in other peoples eyes, my dad is my hero because he is my rock, my brother is my hero because he protected the country in Iraq and Afghan. In my eyes a hero is a real person that you chose to view in that way, a superhero is make believe.
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer

Return to “Discuss "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman”