Love interest of Alex Fine

Discuss the June 2017 Book of the Month, Superhighway by Alex Fayman. Superhighway is the first book in the Superhighway Trilogy, so feel free to use this forum to discuss not only the first book but also the other books in the series.

View Superhighway on Bookshelves
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Love interest of Alex Fine

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

What can you say about the love interest of alex Fine? If given the chance, what personality would you choose to fit in the personality of Alex Fine? You may choose either the first question or the second to answer.
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Are you referring to Eva? She seems super sweet and understanding. I can see myself being friends with her.

Alex is a guy who doesn't know what he wants in a relationship since he jumps from one girl to the next. Then, he proceeds to mess up the one relationship that could have been something more. So, I would say he is indecisive and immature.
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

hsimone wrote:Are you referring to Eva? She seems super sweet and understanding. I can see myself being friends with her.

Alex is a guy who doesn't know what he wants in a relationship since he jumps from one girl to the next. Then, he proceeds to mess up the one relationship that could have been something more. So, I would say he is indecisive and immature.
I hate to say this, but I think I agree with hsimone on just about everything she's posted so far. I don't know that Alex can have a real sincere relationship until he grows up a little.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

kandscreeley wrote:
hsimone wrote:Are you referring to Eva? She seems super sweet and understanding. I can see myself being friends with her.

I hate to say this, but I think I agree with hsimone on just about everything she's posted so far. I don't know that Alex can have a real sincere relationship until he grows up a little.
No worries. It's nice to not be the only "Debbie-downer" toward this book and Alex :lol:

He definitely needs to grow up more in order to understand what he wants. I'm sure the fact that the only stable relationship he had growing up was Ms. Jenkins, the woman who took care of the orphanage, doesn't help with his indecisiveness. She was like a mother to him, but she had other children to worry about, as well.
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

It's definitely no fun to be the only debbie-downer, so I'll join you. :) And I agree with you about his relationship with Ms. Jenkins. I'm sure that influences how he views and deals with women as an adult. That is a huge deficit to overcome.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

:text-woo: another debbie-downer :lol:

I agree that his only stable relationship with Ms. Jenkins most likely affects how he views and deals with women, which sometimes is challenging to overcome for even those who have lived with their biological mothers.
Heidi

Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

I don't think he should have a love interest until he gets his life figured out. Right now, it is dangerous to be associated with him. If you read the book, you should know about what happen to someone simply because they were around him. I personally think he has other things he need to be concerned over rather than love.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Amagine wrote:I don't think he should have a love interest until he gets his life figured out. Right now, it is dangerous to be associated with him. If you read the book, you should know about what happen to someone simply because they were around him. I personally think he has other things he need to be concerned over rather than love.
I know!! I wasn't sure how to say about what happened to that person without giving too much away, but you're right - it is dangerous to be around him, so he definitely shouldn't have a love interest right now.
Heidi

Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

hsimone wrote:
Amagine wrote:I don't think he should have a love interest until he gets his life figured out. Right now, it is dangerous to be associated with him. If you read the book, you should know about what happen to someone simply because they were around him. I personally think he has other things he need to be concerned over rather than love.
I know!! I wasn't sure how to say about what happened to that person without giving too much away, but you're right - it is dangerous to be around him, so he definitely shouldn't have a love interest right now.
These two ladies have said everything I wanted to say. I can say no more...
Donnavila Marie01

I believe his failure in relationships has something to do with his boyhood experience. Apart from Ms. Jenkins, he never experienced the love of a mother. He does not really know the dividing line between the love of a mother and the love of someone from the opposite sex who will share with his joys and pains.
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

kandscreeley wrote:
I concur. He has a lot of growing up to do!
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
e-tasana-williams
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-tasana-williams.html
Latest Review: Monkey Mind Madness by Sharon Dorival
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by e-tasana-williams »

Alex is still an adolescent throughout the book, so it is no surprise he does not exhibit maturity in his romantic relationships yet...this aspect was true to life in my opinion.

As for a good match for Alex? I would say Eva would have been a good match for him in the long run. She would have helped to mature him, and maybe to ground him so he wouldn't take so many unnecessary risks.
Once you learn to read, you will be forever free ~ Frederick Douglas
Donnavila Marie01

e-tasana-williams wrote:Alex is still an adolescent throughout the book, so it is no surprise he does not exhibit maturity in his romantic relationships yet...this aspect was true to life in my opinion.

As for a good match for Alex? I would say Eva would have been a good match for him in the long run. She would have helped to mature him, and maybe to ground him so he wouldn't take so many unnecessary risks.
I agree. Love do great things to us. His love for Eva and Eva's love to him will make him mature. The risky actions he made when he was still searching and trying to understand himself will be gone after attaining his maturity.
Pm7lucas
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pm7lucas.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Reading Device: 1400699169

Post by Pm7lucas »

I really don't think Alex is old enough or mature enough to have a love interest. He definitely doesn't know what he wants!

Paula :D
"I think therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
lolashoes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lolashoes.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by lolashoes »

It's going to take some girl who can handle Alex. He needs someone who can straighten him up. He's just immature and doesn't really know what he wants in most aspects of his life, if not all.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Return to “Discuss "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman”