Official Review: Chakaura: Awakening the Muse

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Official Review: Chakaura: Awakening the Muse

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Chakaura: Awakening the Muse" by Michèle C. St.Amour.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Chakaura: Awakening the Muse, Sacred Journey of a Modern-Day Mystic is a mystifying novel written by Michèle C. St. Amour which parallels the author’s own spiritual awakening.

Angelina comes from a family of healers and seers. She grows up with special abilities she does not understand like knowing things that will happen in the future and seeing things that other people do not. She learns, eventually, that she is born with full consciousness and completely aware of her purpose for coming into the world but asked for this awareness and for her memories to be taken away. She chooses to grow up in ignorance as she believes she has a lot to learn from this new era.

She studies under different teachers and meets and befriends other mystics though some are not as powerful and as talented as she. As her abilities surface, she encounters other mystical beings like the Earth deva and the Wolf Woman and experiences various mystical phenomena like levitation and precognition.

Told in the first person perspective of Angelina, this is a bewildering story of an extraordinary woman’s spiritual awakening as she rediscovers her gifts and the extent of her mystical powers. The author uses casual words in conversational tone to make an otherwise esoteric subject easily understood. She keeps the book interesting by introducing Angelina’s powers one by one which include communing with and commanding the elements, ability to influence the weather, ability to time travel, communing with Earth-bound spirits among others.

Michèle C. St. Amour successfully uses flash backs to pique interest and entice the readers to keep on reading and join Angelina in her journey to self-discovery. Despite her mysticism, Angelina is a very relatable character with her love for fashion and her spontaneity regarding her sexuality, while her tendency to ignore her intuition makes her just like anybody else. She is the epitome of a strong woman, who rises above everything life throws at her, with a good heart who is willing to help out with everything she has.

The author’s descriptions of Angelina’s visions, astral projections and time travels are very educative especially for those who are totally unfamiliar with these phenomena. Her warnings regarding the use of mystical powers without proper training speak of her utter respect for these powers while the inclusion of negative encounters with other mystical beings is a responsible gesture to remind other soul practitioners to be always on their guard.

However, though this is a very interesting, informative and enlightening book, skeptical readers may find the subject inconceivable and the book itself may not be taken seriously. Moreover, I find some explanations, especially from Angelina’s mystical teacher, too vague and difficult to comprehend.

I, therefore, rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I enjoyed it a lot. I love the stories Angelina shares. They are very interesting, informative and quite entertaining. The book is well written and easy to read and I recommend it to readers who believe in religious mysticism. Some topics, however, may be too profound for young readers.

Chakaura: Awakening the Muse
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like kimmyschemy06's review? Post a comment saying so!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I don't know... some topics might be too profound for older readers like me. :) It sounds like an interesting premise for a book, but I'm not sure it's for me. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

Time travelling, astral projections, spiritual awakening...all of this sounds so awesome and while I do believe in the supernatural I believe that I might feel comfortable considering this as a work of fiction and enjoying the read. Great review.
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

kandscreeley wrote:I don't know... some topics might be too profound for older readers like me. :) It sounds like an interesting premise for a book, but I'm not sure it's for me. Thanks for the review.
Yes, some topics are simply too profound.

-- 09 Jun 2017, 10:28 --
Jaime Lync wrote:Time travelling, astral projections, spiritual awakening...all of this sounds so awesome and while I do believe in the supernatural I believe that I might feel comfortable considering this as a work of fiction and enjoying the read. Great review.
Thank you very much. It's one great work of fiction.
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MarisaRose »

This book definitely sounds different! I think it might be interesting to read this one, just to see the author's explanation of some of the topics. But this is not a book I would typically choose to read!
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

This book sounds so intriguing and mystical! Also the plot isn't something that you read about too often. So I love the uniqueness of it.

Great Review! ?
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

MarisaRose wrote:This book definitely sounds different! I think it might be interesting to read this one, just to see the author's explanation of some of the topics. But this is not a book I would typically choose to read!
It, sure is different, but very interesting :)

-- 12 Jun 2017, 21:15 --
Amagine wrote:This book sounds so intriguing and mystical! Also the plot isn't something that you read about too often. So I love the uniqueness of it.

Great Review! ?
Thank you very much. It is one intriguing and enjoyable book.
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-okoko.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

Having supernatural power is a rare thing. Should this be both fiction and non fiction? I think it all depends on one's belief. Nice review.
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

ROSEMARY OKOKO wrote:Having supernatural power is a rare thing. Should this be both fiction and non fiction? I think it all depends on one's belief. Nice review.
Thank you. The story is actually fiction but, I do believe, based on real events.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”