Official Review: Blood of your Blood by Reza Ali

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Momlovesbooks
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: A Book for Oreo
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-momlovesbooks.html
Latest Review: Winter's Kiss by H.L. Hines

Official Review: Blood of your Blood by Reza Ali

Post by Momlovesbooks »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Blood of your Blood" by Reza Ali.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Blood of Your Blood is the author's first novel. It is a vampire love story and a fantasy adventure set during the time of kings and knights. Rena Ali is a creative writer with a quote that sticks in my mind. "The imagination is the playground of the soul".

This story is set during the fifteenth century in England. King Henry is ruler during this period of history. The knights of King Henry fight a rebellion during the day and a secret war at night. The Knights of the Five Badge of Nottinghamshire fight a bloody war against a clan of vampires that have become entrenched in their society for hundreds of years.

Sir Jamie Lawrence is the bravest and most skilled knight of the group. However, he meets the beautiful princess Sofia and everything he believes to be true is challenged. After falling in love with her and pledging to be her protector, he discovers her dark secret that is tied to his past.

This is one of the most captivating fantasy adventures I have read in a while. The author is creative and emotional. He depicts an exciting world that fits right in with that period of history. The writing is very descriptive, and at times, graphic in detail. However, the graphic fight scenes were necessary to the storyline. The plot and language are easy to follow. I felt drawn into the world of the knights by the vivid pictures the author creates through his writing style.

The characters feel like "flesh and blood" characters with developed backgrounds and a full range of varying emotions. The hero, Sir Jamie Lawrence, is a strong and courageous knight. He faithfully serves his king. He is placed in uncharted territory and faces difficult choices. Sofia is a strong female who has endured great tragedy in her life. The vampire characters range from cruel, demonic creatures of the night to more "humanized" ones that want to blend into society.

The love story, that is woven throughout the adventure, is one of the most poetic stories I have read. The love between Sir Jamie and Sofia jumps off the pages of this book. It is evident that they are truly soul mates.

The only thing that was slightly distracting to me was the author's use of including a character's thoughts at the end of a spoken conversation. At first, I enjoyed it and thought it was a creative aspect, but then it seemed to be overused. Other than my personal preference on that matter, I don't have anything negative to say. The book appears to be professionally edited. I rate this 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys history, romance, adventure and vampires. I hope there is a sequel to read soon.

Blood of your Blood
View: on Bookshelves

Like Momlovesbooks's review? Post a comment saying so!
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

I think I just found my new quote, "The imagination is the playground of the soul." Sorry that I'm stealing it from you! Lol

Great Review!?
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I love that this includes vampires as well as being set during medieval times. Two of my favorite things. Sounds like a good story. Thanks for a wonderful review!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Phoenix9999
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Phoenix9999 »

It truly sounds like a book, I'd be very happy to read, cover to cover, with no breaks in between, thank you for your review!..
christinac_2585
Currently Reading: City of Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christinac-2585.html
Latest Review: "The firstborn" by Helena K Workman

Post by christinac_2585 »

Awesome Review! I love vampire stories and this one I could definitely read. I like when these types of stories have a uniqueness to them and I don't think I have read one with knights. I'm very interested to say the least!!
"Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home."
- Anna Quindlen
Latest Review: "The firstborn" by Helena K Workman
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

"A vampire love story and a fantasy adventure" to boot? Count me in! Sounds like a refreshing tale, so I will check it out. Congratulations to the author for the positive review! Oh, and I also loved the quote, "The imagination is the playground of the soul."
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Wow, this sounds like an amazing tale about knights, vampires, and love! And a captivating fantasy? Who can deny that? I can see how tiring it can be when thoughts of a character are described right after dialogue, but I'm glad that you were able to enjoy the read regardless. Congratulations to the author for receiving such a positive review!
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
tarafarah7
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1428
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

What a great review! Thanks for your helpful input! This sounds like a book for all the vampire lovers out there! And, I see it is the author's first novel...wow! What a success! Congratulations on the outstanding review, Reza Ali! I have dowloaded my copy, and I am very much looking forward to reading it. Thank you! :-)
micoleon13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micoleon13.html
Latest Review: Sandusky Burning by Bryan W. Conway

Post by micoleon13 »

Good review, this sounds like a great read. I like the vampire genre but having it set in a different era certainly makes for an interesting spin. Thanks
Cool careless
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Cool careless »

You have written a great review. And it was so creative and went deep into explanation and am just speechless at you review. Thank you so much and i love the story.
Lolly_Reader
Favorite Book: Oils for the Beginner
Currently Reading: The Earthen Vessel
Bookshelf Size: 158

Post by Lolly_Reader »

Just for the record, this book is neither available nor free outside of the U.S. Amazon site. A pity, as the review looks interesting.
NerdGirl91
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerdgirl91.html
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty

Post by NerdGirl91 »

This sounds amazing! It has all my favorite elements! A little supernatural, some romance, and use of one one my favorite time periods! Can't wait to read it!
She read books as one would breathe air, to fill up and live.
-Annie Dillard
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
Azeline Arcenal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zenalei7.html
Latest Review: Christmas in the Kingdom of Kool by Joan J. Harris

Post by Azeline Arcenal »

You did a great job on the review! This seems like the type of book that I would enjoy and I'm definitely adding it to my reading list.
“The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you.” - W. Somerset Maugham
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: The Witching Hour
Bookshelf Size: 3837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by truebookaddict »

I'm intrigued by historical fiction and vampires..and the era of Henry VIII is always captivating for me. Looking forward to checking this one out. Thanks for your insightful review!
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
mindyg123
Currently Reading: Lycan Fallout
Bookshelf Size: 565
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindyg123.html

Post by mindyg123 »

Great review. A novel of love, vampires, historical fiction and knights is just my cup of tea. I can't wait to read it. Thanks for making it free and congrats on being BOTD.
Mindyg123 :techie-studyingbrown:

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”