Official Review: Trust Me by Earl Javorsky

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Insomniac07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insomniac07.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Official Review: Trust Me by Earl Javorsky

Post by Insomniac07 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Trust Me" by Earl Javorsky.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Trust Me by Earl Javorsky is an adult psychological thriller novel published by an independent publishing house called 'The Story Plant'. The story begins when Marilyn Fenner falls off a cliff. The police believe it was suicide, but her brother Jeff Fenner knew it couldn’t be. She'd been determined to get her life back together. She’d even attend meetings organized by a self-help group called Saving Our Life. So he couldn't believe she'd commit suicide. On the other hand, Jeff himself was up to his neck in trouble. His inventory of drugs is down the drain, and he indebted to the wrong sort of people. The police too are on his case.

Ron Pool, a times reporter, also figures that it is too much of a coincidence that eight beautiful women have committed suicide in very similar manner. So he tries to investigate if there is a bigger story behind their deaths. Would he figure out the truth before another woman becomes a victim? Would Jeff pull his life back together in time to solve the mystery behind Marilyn’s death? Read the book to find out.

I thoroughly enjoyed this story. Even though there are sixty-two chapters in this book, they are very short. It was a quick read. Right from the prologue, the story reeled me in and kept me hooked. I finished the book in a couple of sittings, and never felt like the plot stagnated in one place for too long. There was some new information with every scene. Despite the short chapters, the author added small snippets of descriptive details that added to the tense atmosphere of the story.

Unlike many other thriller novels I've read, the people in this book are, for the most part, ordinary folks instead of trained detectives. Each character has their strengths and their flaws. The decisions they take are logical. Most importantly, everyone stays true to their character throughout the book. They have interesting character arcs too. Holly, in particular, was pretty fascinating to read.

The climax, however, was slightly disappointing, as it feels too rushed and overly dramatic. This is the only reason why I rate this book as a 3 out of 4 stars, although I would change it to 3.5 stars if I could.

I should mention that the book contains a fair few instances of swearing, graphic sex and even a couple of rape scenes. Nevertheless, I’d still highly recommend this book to anyone who likes reading psychological thrillers and doesn’t mind the few explicit scenes.

Trust Me
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Insomniac07's review? Post a comment saying so!
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

Pschological thriller is not my cup of tea but the detailed review invites me to consider uncovering the mystery of serial killing.
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This definitely isn't the book for me. Thanks for the good review. Sounds like a fairly interesting book.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

I like that instead of detectives, there are ordinary people trying to solve the mystery. It makes it feel more real because you have untrained people using their natural intelligence and intuition to figure out the case. Sounds like an interesting book.

Great Review! ?
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Chrys Brobbey
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrys-brobbey.html
Latest Review: "Break up with Defeat" by Jermaine Francis

Post by Chrys Brobbey »

Too often, cleverly contrived murders are made to look like suicide. But no crime is foolproof, and sooner or later some loose ends lead a track to the criminal. I hope in this case the riddle was solved. A good review.
Latest Review: "Break up with Defeat" by Jermaine Francis
Shreyoshi Sen
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shreyoshi-sen.html
Latest Review: "Lived One Life To Save One Life" by Yong Ho Nam

Post by Shreyoshi Sen »

Nice review. Interesting plot. Would love to know what happened to Marilyn. Moreover, the use of common civilians instead of cops and detectives, is altogether a new theme.
Latest Review: "Lived One Life To Save One Life" by Yong Ho Nam
Insomniac07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insomniac07.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Insomniac07 »

Thank you for all the kind words everyone! :tiphat:

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”