Official Review: The Continuum Sphere Chronicles

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mratdegraff91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 433
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mratdegraff91.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: B018SZT3BK

Official Review: The Continuum Sphere Chronicles

Post by mratdegraff91 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Continuum Sphere Chronicles" by Brian Martin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Continuum Sphere Chronicles by Brian Martin is a 480 page Sci/Fi Fantasy novel that's set in the future following the end of our current universe. The story takes place in an artificial universe consisting of seven stars in the Continuum Sphere created by an intelligent eighth race, which controls the Sphere. The inhabitants of the seven stars are regulated and kept in check with oppressive religions and governments and are unaware of the reality that the eighth race has orchestrated to keep them this way.

The book begins with a young archeologist working at a dig site who discovers an ancient device containing the diary of a magnificent scientist. The scientist is Angelo Carava and was sought after by individuals from all seven stars to create great military tools to have an advantage. The story switches back in time to when Carava was alive, and his creation of the device to completely cloak airships from others was in high demand.

Carava is the main character in this novel and shares in his diary events that take place including the start of a civil war between individuals of the eighth race, an increase in control based on the worship of the god Balzah, and also having to run for his life. He is a womanizer, drunkard, and a well-known scientist who is full of himself.

Key themes seen throughout this novel are the concept of freedom, slavery, religious control, free will, and military control. There are a variety of races described in the book that is used as slaves on several of the different stars. The author also did a magnificent job in detailing each character as well as the variety of settings used in this book. The author was able to depict a realistic view of each star visited during the novel down to its form of religion, culture, and regular inhabitants diets. I found this fascinating.

I liked how action packed this novel was. There was never a dull moment with this book. The author portrayed other events that were taking place that were later tied-in to the main plot of the story to create an interesting climax.

I had a hard time finding anything negative about this book. I did observe occasional errors during my read but not so many as to distract from the main idea of the book. That being said I give this novel an perfect 4 out of 4 stars. The author did not leave out anything in the wars and events that took place so if you are not a fan of blood, torture, and gore I would not recommend this book. If you are not affected by this, you will find this novel to be a very enjoyable and exciting read.

The Continuum Sphere Chronicles
View: on Bookshelves

Like mratdegraff91's review? Post a comment saying so!
Madison Degraffenreid
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

It's always real talent when an author can create a fantasy novel and make it seem real. I'm interested in who the eighth race are. They sound mysterious and powerful which you already confirmed they are. This seems like a really interesting read and I kind of like the cover as well.

Great Review! :character-burgerking:
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

Congratulations for this great review. This sci-fi story brings us to a new planet which is possible in real life as evident by new discoveries in the galaxy. I love this story and I am interested to know the secrets of Carava.
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi
Chrys Brobbey
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrys-brobbey.html
Latest Review: "Break up with Defeat" by Jermaine Francis

Post by Chrys Brobbey »

I'm not a fan of Sci-fi, but I like action packed novels and may experiment with this one. A very interesting review; thanks.
Latest Review: "Break up with Defeat" by Jermaine Francis
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This sounds quite action packed. Sounds like a great novel with some good talking points behind it. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Kitkat3
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 1496">Milk and Honey</a>
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 254
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitkat3.html
Latest Review: A Bundle of Colorful Yarns by Louis Winslow

Post by Kitkat3 »

I like that you describe the book as action packed and well written; the plot seems interesting. Added to my to read. Thanks for the review!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”