Characters

Discuss the April 2017 Book of the Month, Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole.

View Raven's Peak on Bookshelves
James Craft
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: Carnivore
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-james-craft.html
Latest Review: "Perdido Bay Blues" by Jacqueline Lane
fav_author_id: 26410

Re: Characters

Post by James Craft »

Thimble wrote:I found Arthur to be the most interesting and compelling. I wouldn't want anything to do with any of the characters. The book reminded me of Supernatural, where if you even know the main characters a little bit something terrible will probably happen to you.
Yeah, it definitely seemed similar to Supernatural, and I love that show. One of my favorite shows ever.
micoleon13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micoleon13.html
Latest Review: Sandusky Burning by Bryan W. Conway

Post by micoleon13 »

Thimble wrote:I found Arthur to be the most interesting and compelling. I wouldn't want anything to do with any of the characters. The book reminded me of Supernatural, where if you even know the main characters a little bit something terrible will probably happen to you.
It reminds me a lot of Supernatural! If you're a friend of a hunter you're probably going to die.

I found the character of Arthur most interesting and would have liked to have learnt more about his back story
Aldonsa
Currently Reading: God Is Not A Noun: Evolutionaries Illuminati Cosmic Bible Ginan
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aldonsa.html
Latest Review: "The Fifth Crusade" by Mark Butler

Post by Aldonsa »

All characters in Raven's Peak are very interesting. I think that the most striking are Arthur and the chief demon (who we met at the beginning). Arthur is a very complicated character. I hope we will learn a lot about him from the next books. The demon mystifies me. I can't guess who it may be, so I'm intrigued. :eusa-think:
I think Haatim's father is one of puzzling characters as well. What he is up to? :?:
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

Since I am a feminist, I would pick Abegail not because she plays the main character in the story but because she has a strong personality. Honestly, I am also delighted with female main character in a story.
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi
christinac_2585
Currently Reading: City of Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christinac-2585.html
Latest Review: "The firstborn" by Helena K Workman
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by christinac_2585 »

kandscreeley wrote:I admire Abigail the most I think. She's been through so much in her young life, but she's a survivor. She just keeps dealing with things head on.
I agree. It seems like every time Abigail turns around she is slammed in the face with another roadblock, but she keeps on trucking even if it means going against what she was trained to do. I think she is a very strong character that will do what is right no matter the consequences.
"Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home."
- Anna Quindlen
James Craft

Post by James Craft »

Donnavila Marie01 wrote:Since I am a feminist, I would pick Abegail not because she plays the main character in the story but because she has a strong personality. Honestly, I am also delighted with female main character in a story.
Yeah, when they are well-written they can really help a story find its place. I liked that Abigail wasn't really suffering from a lot of the 'problems' a lot of female main characters have (usually romantic) in stories like this.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Aldonsa wrote:All characters in Raven's Peak are very interesting. I think that the most striking are Arthur and the chief demon (who we met at the beginning). Arthur is a very complicated character. I hope we will learn a lot about him from the next books. The demon mystifies me. I can't guess who it may be, so I'm intrigued. :eusa-think:
I think Haatim's father is one of puzzling characters as well. What he is up to? :?:
That's a really good question. I keep wondering if he's in league with the demons himself. Is it possible he's even possessed by a demon?? I don't know.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
christinac_2585
Currently Reading: City of Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christinac-2585.html

Post by christinac_2585 »

kandscreeley wrote:
Aldonsa wrote:All characters in Raven's Peak are very interesting. I think that the most striking are Arthur and the chief demon (who we met at the beginning). Arthur is a very complicated character. I hope we will learn a lot about him from the next books. The demon mystifies me. I can't guess who it may be, so I'm intrigued. :eusa-think:
That's a really good question. I keep wondering if he's in league with the demons himself. Is it possible he's even possessed by a demon?? I don't know.
Y'all bring up some interesting ideas. Now I'm thinking what is going to happen next. I have to start reading the second book prompto. In the sample I read of the second book it made me have an even more bad vibe for Haatim's father.
"Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home."
- Anna Quindlen
James Craft

Post by James Craft »

christinac_2585 wrote:
kandscreeley wrote:
Y'all bring up some interesting ideas. Now I'm thinking what is going to happen next. I have to start reading the second book prompto. In the sample I read of the second book it made me have an even more bad vibe for Haatim's father.
Yeah, the father is really making me wonder what exactly is going on...
Jennifer Allsbrook
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading: An American Hedge Fund
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-allsbrook.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Post by Jennifer Allsbrook »

kandscreeley wrote:Which character from the novel did you find most interesting? Why? Would you want to be that character if you could?
I found Abigail to be very interesting. I think this is due to my love of strong, independent, and capable female protagonists. She had training and lacked fear in most situations. She was confident in her abilities to fight and protect others. She seemed to care as well. I do not think I would want to step into Abigail's shoes however. I see myself as a "lover not a fighter". :wink:
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

Donnavila Marie01 wrote:Since I am a feminist, I would pick Abegail not because she plays the main character in the story but because she has a strong personality. Honestly, I am also delighted with female main character in a story.

I completely agree with you. Strong female characters are the best! Go Abigail! :saberduel2:
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Vermont Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4468">Scam Prevention</a>
Currently Reading: A Roadmap To Career Success
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermont-reviews.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty

Post by Vermont Reviews »

I liked Haatim, but there were no characters that I would want to be in this story.
Vermont Reviews
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Aldonsa
Currently Reading: God Is Not A Noun: Evolutionaries Illuminati Cosmic Bible Ginan
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aldonsa.html

Post by Aldonsa »

kandscreeley wrote: I keep wondering if he's in league with the demons himself. Is it possible he's even possessed by a demon?? I don't know.
He is after power I think... Maybe he is indeed in league with the demons. :evil:
Wasif Ahmed
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wasif-ahmed.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00THRCA6E
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Wasif Ahmed »

gali wrote:I found Arthur the most interesting and wish he played a greater part in the tale. I wouldn't want to be him or any other characters. I am not sure I want any of them as a friend as well...
:ditto:
When people say you've changed, it just means that you have stopped living your life, their way.
MsMartha
Currently Reading: Collected Works of Algernon Blackwood (Unabridged)
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msmartha.html
Latest Review: "9 Realities of Caring for an Elderly Parent" by Stefania Shaffer

Post by MsMartha »

I'm about a third through the book, and I've been curious about the characters (as have the others here), so I was glad to see this post. I have to agree with many of the comments about Abigail and Haatim. Abigail is strong and does what needs to be done, and Haatim probably should think better--and more often. I am curious about his father, too--I just learned that he is involved, so I guess I have to read some more today!
Latest Review: "9 Realities of Caring for an Elderly Parent" by Stefania Shaffer

Return to “Discuss "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole”