Reviewer Page Redirect

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

katiesquilts
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 649
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katiesquilts.html
Latest Review: Anything For Love by Gracie Bond

Reviewer Page Redirect

Post by katiesquilts »

This may be a silly question, but is the link under members' names (on posts, on the left-hand side) actually supposed to link to a page that has only their reviews? I tried clicking on a few different members' -- and my own as well -- but they all led me to the same page. It says "Featured Reviews" and seems to list all the available reviews, but is there a way I can just see one person's reviews? Preferably without going through their profile first.
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

It should link to the member's reviews. I will tag @"Scott" for you.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Vickyoreo86
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =118626">A Court of Wings and Ruin</a>
Currently Reading: The Sword of Shannara
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickyoreo86.html
Latest Review: Cover Your Tracks, Leona Leitman by C. S. Johnson

Post by Vickyoreo86 »

I have the same thing, takes me to featured reviews only :)
“We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences.”
― David Gemmell
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

Scott mentioned recently that he wanted to do away with the Reviewer Page. You can read more about it in Scott's reply on Wasif Ahmed's thread, "Review published, but not added to Reviewer Page." Honestly, I miss the Reviewer Page. It was a nice way to get caught up on a member's reviews.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
katiesquilts
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 649
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katiesquilts.html
Latest Review: Anything For Love by Gracie Bond

Post by katiesquilts »

bookowlie wrote:Scott mentioned recently that he wanted to do away with the Reviewer Page. You can read more about it in Scott's reply on Wasif Ahmed's thread, "Review published, but not added to Reviewer Page." Honestly, I miss the Reviewer Page. It was a nice way to get caught up on a member's reviews.
That's really unfortunate! I never really noticed it until now, but I agree that I don't want to have to wade through hundreds of reviews just to find the one I want... Unless there's a search option on the Featured Reviews page, it could take quite a while! :eusa-shifty:
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

I was planning on integrating the individual Reviewer Pages with the custom sort page on Bookshelves.

However, I have decided at least for now to keep a simple list of reviews by members. I have fixed the Reviewer Page links so that it correctly only shows reviews by the member. You can filter by genre just like on the main review page.

I have added a note for logged in with a link to view the all the books in the Reviewer's shelves via the Bookshelves Custom Sort page. Keep in mind, the Bookshelves Custom Sort includes all the books in a member's shelves, not just the books they have reviewed through the Review Team.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Wasif Ahmed
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wasif-ahmed.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00THRCA6E
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Wasif Ahmed »

@katiesquilts and @bookowlie 's reviewer page shows reviews by them but mine doesn't. Some error or am I doing something wrong?
When people say you've changed, it just means that you have stopped living your life, their way.
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

Wasif Ahmed wrote:@katiesquilts and @bookowlie 's reviewer page shows reviews by them but mine doesn't. Some error or am I doing something wrong?
I just looked up your reviewer page. There are three reviews listed, but they are other members' reviews. Maybe there is a glitch.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
Wasif Ahmed
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wasif-ahmed.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00THRCA6E
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Wasif Ahmed »

bookowlie wrote:
Wasif Ahmed wrote:@katiesquilts and @bookowlie 's reviewer page shows reviews by them but mine doesn't. Some error or am I doing something wrong?
I just looked up your reviewer page. There are three reviews listed, but they are other members' reviews. Maybe there is a glitch.
Yes. Seems so.

-- 12 Mar 2017, 22:13 --

As a matter of fact, everyone's reviewer page seems all right except mine. ?

-- 22 Mar 2017, 09:19 --

Scott just fixed the error. It seems everyone whose username had a space were encountering this problem.
Thanks Scott!
When people say you've changed, it just means that you have stopped living your life, their way.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”