Official Review: No Pit So Deep

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Official Review: No Pit So Deep

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "No Pit So Deep" by James Nathaniel Miller II.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

No Pit So Deep written by James Nathaniel Miller II is a fast-paced Thriller with a light Christian base wrapped up in a romantic bow. This is the first of two books in the Cody Musket Series.

Cody Musket, a former Marine turned professional baseball player, suffers from PTSD. What should have been an ordinary day turns into a nightmare when he witness’s a woman being kidnapped. When Brandi Barnes is targeted for her work; Cody takes it upon himself to protect her, sending them both down a dangerous path. But what happens when love becomes a factor? Cody is tasked with having to decide on whether he is willing to let Brandi see both his physical and mental scars while reliving some of his darkest moments.

Brandi, a journalist, is a tenacious woman, a go-getter. She has her own dark past but doesn’t let that stop her from trying to change the world. In her attempt to do that, her and Cody are able to face life-threatening challenges every day with humor and grace. Consequently, as their romance blooms, the book remains clean with no explicit intimate scenes. Instead, focusing on the idea of love and family and as mentioned before, forgiveness.

The love in this story is sweet and innocent carrying with it a strong message about faith and forgiveness. In this message, it is easily relatable to anybody no matter the situation. The characters being deep and well thought out. Which made me feel as if I knew them by the end. With that being said, it's impossible for me to pick a favorite character. All of them, including the smaller ones, had a big impact.

The writing style was wonderful. The descriptions were written in such a way to give the reader the impression that they were experiencing what the characters were. It was immersive and held the reader tightly. No Pit So Deep appears to have been professionally edited. There were only a handful of errors found and they in no way detracted from the story itself.

To that end, I rate No Pit So Deep by James Nathaniel Miller II 4 out of 4 stars. From the characters to the writing style, the book was fast-paced, and humorous while carrying a strong message. This is a book I happily recommend to lovers of fast-paced, action-packed Thrillers. Most of all, I look forward to reading the next installment.

No Pit So Deep
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like TrishaAnn92's review? Post a comment saying so!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Interesting. It sounds like a pretty good book. I don't mind romance as long as there is action thrown in there. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
TrishaAnn92
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

Definitely more action than romance. ?
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

I really enjoyed your review. You made the book sounds so interesting! It's always a good sign if you like all of the characters so much you find it hard to pick a favorite. By the way, your description of the book as "a fast-paced Thriller with a light Christian base wrapped up in a romantic bow" is such a great line. Nice job. :)
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
TrishaAnn92

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

bookowlie wrote:I really enjoyed your review. You made the book sounds so interesting! It's always a good sign if you like all of the characters so much you find it hard to pick a favorite. By the way, your description of the book as "a fast-paced Thriller with a light Christian base wrapped up in a romantic bow" is such a great line. Nice job. :)

:D Thank you!
dasRAJEEV
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by dasRAJEEV »

i really enjoyed reading the book, it was like living through it. thankyou
TrishaAnn92

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I just started reading the second installment.
Petrah
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-petrah.html
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann

Post by Petrah »

This sounds like the kind of book for me. Judging from how you describe it, I also find the title super appropriate.
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
TrishaAnn92

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

If you check it out, I hope you enjoy reading it!
Ljessup
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ljessup.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by Ljessup »

I might have to give this book a try! Your review is wonderful and makes it seem like the kind of sweet love I like to add onto my reading nook for a calming story every now and again! You did a wonderful job summarizing this book, and make it seem like can be something easy to relate to for any reader! Well done!
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka
TrishaAnn92

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

Thank you, dear! It was a really good book, this is one that has stuck with me since I finished.
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

A Christian thriller revolving around human trafficking and PTSD sounds like a good read for fans of the genre. Deep characters, strong messages, and romance add to the appeal. That it was well-written and well- edited is another plus. I am not sure it is for me, but I am glad you enjoyed it. Thank you for the review!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Renu G
Currently Reading: Masters and Bastards
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renu-g.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola

Post by Renu G »

I like the Christian faith and attitude of forgiveness inspite of the trauma experienced by the protagonists. Thanks for the book!
Stephanie Elizabeth
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

Sounds like an interesting book that has both action and romance. I like that this book deals with mature themes such as PTSD, but is written in a way that is it appropriate for a wide range of readers. I wonder if Cody will be able to open up to Brandi? Thanks for the lovely review!
tarafarah7
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1427
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

How can I say no to today's BOTD after that awesome review?!! Thank you! Every now and then I read a romance novel - this one sounds great. A sweet, Christian romance with positive messages about forgiveness and family - I'm in! Thanks again and keep up the good work! :-)

Return to “Historical Fiction”