Official Review: Shifter's Hope by Laura Hawks

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Swiftmover07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-swiftmover07.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Official Review: Shifter's Hope by Laura Hawks

Post by Swiftmover07 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Shifter's Hope" by Laura Hawks.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Hope Landers can finally breathe again. For the first time in many years, she is free of her abusive fiancée. As she is finally able to return to work as a tour director, she finds herself leading a group at Agawa Canyon. Slipping away for a few minutes before she must return to the train that brought her group, Hope heads for her favorite spot: Little Black Beaver Falls. As her precious few minutes of silence come to an end, Hope stands up to leave and promptly faints. When she comes to, Hope finds herself resting in the lap of a man who introduces himself as Raven Stillwater.

Raven Stillwater, an Ojibwa Native American, was condemned to death by his tribe. Though he managed to escape, the sentence still stands. Raven has been in hiding ever since. That is, until he comes across Hope Landers. The moment he saw her, he knew she was meant for him. But being with Hope means that secrets Raven has kept will put Hope in danger - but even knowing this, he just can’t stay away.

As their relationship takes root, the problems they have both been avoiding come back to haunt them. Can their newfound love survive the dangers that Raven’s past puts them in, or will the secrets Raven has kept prove too much for them to survive?

Shifter’s Hope is a supernatural romance novel by Laura Hawks. Hawks does a wonderful job at making the reader feel as if they experiencing the world laid out before them, rather than simply reading about it. Hawks also does a great job at describing characters and environments so you feel like you are there with them, feeling, seeing, and experiencing what the characters are going through in that exact moment. One of my favorite things about Shifter’s Hope is that the reader gets to experience the book from both Hope and Raven’s perspectives, allowing one to get the full experience of the story.

I would recommend this book to anyone that enjoys supernatural romance. But there is also action and suspense as well. There is, however, a bit of explicit sexual content and profanity within the book, so I would not recommend this for younger readers.

This book does have a few grammatical, spelling, and punctuation errors throughout. For example, there was the use of “sorer,” which is not an actual word, and about halfway through the book, an entire page is repeated. There were a few other spots as well but those were the two that stuck out the most.

Overall, I must give Shifter’s Hope 3 out of 4 stars. I give this rating because the book has great descriptive detail, the narrative allows you to get further insight into the characters and one feels as if they are experiencing everything with the characters. But the errors in the book were distracting and that is what held this book back from getting a four-star rating.

Shifter's Hope
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like Swiftmover07's review? Post a comment saying so!
Goodnight sweet prince, may flights of devils wing you to your rest. - Anne Rice
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Sounds like an interesting book. Though I'm not much into shape-shifting stories, this book seems like a very enjoyable one. Good job on the review.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I do enjoy supernatural romance books especially since it has since action. I probably won't read it with the explicit sexual content though. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”