Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Books and Reading » Reviews and Discussions about Specific Books and Series » Volunteer Reviews

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

Review by Insightsintobooks -- The Nobel Prize

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.

Review by Insightsintobooks -- The Nobel Prize

Post Number:#1 by Insightsintobooks
» 08 Jan 2017, 19:51

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Nobel Prize" by Mois benarroch.]

Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Review by Insightsintobooks
Share This Review

The Nobel Prize by Mois Benarroch is a short story that tells of a descent into madness as well as the life of a writer. The narrator, a writer, participated in a writing club twenty years earlier. He learns from another writer who was in the club that Jorge has gone mad. Jorge has been committed to a mental institution. He becomes a character from one of his books everyday.

The narrator goes to visit Jorge and thinks that he would make a good character for a book. While he is there he meets a nurse named Eva. He befriends Eva and learns more about Jorge from her. He also meets Lextra, a woman who is divorced and an alien from another planet.

The narrator tells us with a bit of humor about the life of a writer. He tells it from the perspective of a writer looking for a story. He explains what it is like not to hear from publishers and the struggles that being a writer can bring. After visiting his friend, the narrator starts to question his sanity at times.

We are also given a look at how a writer can become their characters, in this case literally. We are shown throughout the book how each of a writer's characters are part of the writer himself. I liked this aspect of the book.

There were some parts of this book that I found confusing, but I think this may have been intentional due to the plot of the book. However, I think that this could have been remedied while still keeping the substance of the book. Despite that I was a bit confused at the beginning, the plot was well written. I was surprised at the ending. I think that everything came together well in the end.

There were some mechanical errors in this book. Sadly, one of these errors was on the first page. There was a period in the middle of a sentence. This ruined the book for me, a little, as I couldn't seem to forget about it.

Overall, I enjoyed the content of the book. I liked how the narrator developed in the book. I think that the topic of a writer becoming his characters was interesting. I think this would be a good book for anyone interested in the psychology of the mind and the life of a writer. Despite my confusion in the beginning and the mechanical errors, I think this book deserves 3 out of 4 stars.

The Nobel Prize
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Insightsintobooks's review? Post a comment saying so!
Insightsintobooks's Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
Insightsintobooks

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Fire HD 7 Tablet
2017 Reading Goal: 150 Books
Goal Completion: 8%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Re: Review by Insightsintobooks -- The Nobel Prize

Post Number:#2 by anneloretrujillo
» 18 Jan 2017, 09:31

This sounds like an interesting concept for a book. Seeing things from the viewpoint of the author sounds unique. I think that this is a book I would enjoy. Although, it is too bad about the errors. They tend to ruin books for me as well. Great job on the review!
anneloretrujillo's Latest Review: "The Heavenly Grille Cafe" by J. T. Livingston
anneloretrujillo

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 50 Books
Goal Completion: 30%

Post Number:#3 by Insightsintobooks
» 18 Jan 2017, 09:40

anneloretrujillo wrote:This sounds like an interesting concept for a book. Seeing things from the viewpoint of the author sounds unique. I think that this is a book I would enjoy. Although, it is too bad about the errors. They tend to ruin books for me as well. Great job on the review!

Thank you very much.
Insightsintobooks

Currently Reading:

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#4 by greenstripedgiraffe
» 18 Jan 2017, 11:08

This is a very intriguing story idea. Too bad there are errors and some confusion.
"no one down here" --- Up the Down Staircase
greenstripedgiraffe's Latest Review: "Lovely Rita" by Randall Blair
greenstripedgiraffe

Currently Reading: Unwritten Rules of Social Relationships
Bookshelf Size: 218 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books
Goal Completion: 0%

Post Number:#5 by Insightsintobooks
» 18 Jan 2017, 11:11

greenstripedgiraffe wrote:This is a very intriguing story idea. Too bad there are errors and some confusion.

The storyline was good. Thank you.
Insightsintobooks

Currently Reading:

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#6 by Rachaelamb1
» 22 Jan 2017, 05:30

What a clever idea! I like psychology and think this sounds like an interesting book.
Rachaelamb1's Latest Review: "Dragon Born" by Ela Lourenco
Rachaelamb1

Favorite Author: CS Lewis
Favorite Book: Dragonwitch
Currently Reading: Falling Star
Bookshelf Size: 126 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 60 Books
Goal Completion: 25%

Post Number:#7 by Insightsintobooks
» 22 Jan 2017, 15:18

Rachaelamb1 wrote:What a clever idea! I like psychology and think this sounds like an interesting book.

It was! Due to your interest in psychology I think yiu would enjoy it.
Insightsintobooks

Currently Reading:

View Reviewer Page