Caged: A Psychological Thriller by Onaiza Khan

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Caged: A Psychological Thriller by Onaiza Khan

Post by Birdlady1950 »

STORY-LINE CAGED:

Author Onaiza Khan's novel Caged billed as a psychological thriller novel, is without question more. Kidnapped by her new husband and kept locked in her room for three months, she begins to lose touch with reality. She remembers abuse, hurting, and hearing another person screams of terror and pain.

What is real and what is not? There is more to her story than appears on the surface.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, AND DEVELOPMENT:

Although not my cup of tea, I can without hesitation state the author developed the characters, varied story-lines, and for a new author the writing was well-done. I did not find the editing problems mentioned in other reviews. Also, the pace of story was in line with the length of the novel.

With a variety of characters, an original story-line and the correct audience, Caged will be a hit. Nothing is as it seems in the beginning of the story. The author keeps the reader guessing about who is and is not the good guy of the story. As well as, what is really happening with Noor. Her situation is not what it seems at first glance. As a result, the story takes a turn towards the paranormal. I can not really say more without giving away huge spoilers.

Finally, in concluding my psychological thriller novel review of Caged, I found the story-line and concept original. Caged is not your standard psychological thriller.

CAGED RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

In addition, though not my cup of tea, I felt due to the originality, concept, and pacing, Caged deserved 4 stars.

FINALLY, PLEASE NOTE:

Additionally, I received this book from the author and chose to voluntarily review the book with an honest psychological thriller novel review. Lastly, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion. Consequently, all book reviews on-line and on my blog, are my opinions. In addition, the ARC did not affect my voluntary psychological thriller novel review.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”