Official Review: A Rose For Jonathan by Beth Green

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Momlovesbooks
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: A Book for Oreo
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-momlovesbooks.html
Latest Review: Winter's Kiss by H.L. Hines

Official Review: A Rose For Jonathan by Beth Green

Post by Momlovesbooks »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Rose For Jonathan" by Beth Green.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Beth Green, a pediatric physical therapist, has written a Christian fictional novel depicting the battles of the spiritual realm. A Rose for Jonathan is the story of the lives of organ donor recipients and the donor's family woven together with the battles of spiritual warfare.

Jonathan, as a young toddler, is diagnosed with liver cancer. He must have a transplant in order to survive. Through an unselfish act of another family, he is allowed a chance at life. He meets his future wife, Lindsey, while in college. They marry and several years later John becomes a preacher. Throughout the story of his life, we are shown glimpses into the spiritual realm. The guardian angels assigned to the members of his family are constantly in battle with the forces of darkness. The story shows how Jonathan deals with the gift of life and his spiritual gift that is slowly revealed over time.

This book captured me from the moment I started reading. It is easy to read and flows smoothly, which is a testament to the author's writing ability. As the story progresses, we see how all the lives are connected and the constant struggle in the spiritual realm to protect those lives. The characters are well developed and their problems and fears make them more relatable. I could see glimpses of myself in several of the characters.

Beth Green has provided a thought-provoking,inspiring novel that shows a believable battle between good and evil in the spiritual world. Her descriptions of angelic warfare make it easy to visualize what could be happening all around us every day.

The story touches a wide range of emotions, from grief to joy. Throughout it all is the thread of faith that ties it all together. I found myself thinking of my own beliefs about angels and demons, the power of prayer and the importance of organ donation. I think many people agree that it is an important act to consider but seldom think about the need to make your wishes known ahead of time. Ms Green's love for children shows how one act of unselfishness can touch many lives for good.

The book is captivating, inspiring and appears to be professionally edited. Based on my above observations, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I believe this novel will appeal to anyone looking for a unique story that will positively impact lives. For Christians, I believe it is a must-read about the power of prayer that Christ freely gives us. I already purchased the next book in the series and can't wait to read it.

A Rose For Jonathan
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Momlovesbooks's review? Post a comment saying so!
Silvermoon
Currently Reading: That Place of Knowledge
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvermoon.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Post by Silvermoon »

This is an interesting review and sounds like a fascinating book. I liked the idea of watching Jonathon grow from toddlerhood into manhood after surviving such a profound illness. The spiritual aspect of the story is intriguing. Sounds like a good book to read. Great work!
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
greenstripedgiraffe
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The New Strong-Willed Child
Bookshelf Size: 274
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greenstripedgiraffe.html
Latest Review: Swarm by Guy Morris

Post by greenstripedgiraffe »

Interesting topic. I have not read much dealing with organ donors and the recipient. It definitely takes skill to write a compelling fictional story that spans an entire lifetime like that. Thanks for the review!
"no one down here" --- Up the Down Staircase
Latest Review: Swarm by Guy Morris
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

I love the book already :) I would love to read about how the author describe the spiritual realm and since I'm into angels and such, I think I'm going to enjoy this book. Good job on the review. Congratulations to Beth Green on such a high rating.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”