Email Verification Help

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Re: Email Verification Help

Post by Scott »

lolashoes wrote:Is it normal that even after I've verified my email, the 'resend verification email' button is still showing under my RT tab? I've hit the resend button and confirmed my email twice hoping the button will disappear on my profile, I've also logged out/logged back in to see if it helps but well, it's still there. Any tips?
@lolashoes No, that's not normal. If the resend button is showing, that generally means the email has not been marked as verified. Is it possible you've used more than one email address or created more than one account on the site?
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
lolashoes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lolashoes.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by lolashoes »

Scott wrote:
lolashoes wrote:Is it normal that even after I've verified my email, the 'resend verification email' button is still showing under my RT tab? I've hit the resend button and confirmed my email twice hoping the button will disappear on my profile, I've also logged out/logged back in to see if it helps but well, it's still there. Any tips?
@lolashoes No, that's not normal. If the resend button is showing, that generally means the email has not been marked as verified. Is it possible you've used more than one email address or created more than one account on the site?
It's all good now. For some reason, the verification link didn't work on my phone, but when i tried it on my pc, it easily solved the issue. Thanks!
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
josefina1110
Currently Reading: Justice
Bookshelf Size: 38
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Voice of Creation

Post by josefina1110 »

My email is ok. It was just there there were emails from the Philosophy forum that went to Spam and I was glad I checked on it and responded. I always check my Spam mail now because once in a while my email get's there and I have to indicate that "This is not a Spam. So far everything is going well with my emails. Thank you Scott.

-- 19 Oct 2016, 14:54 --

I thought I had already fixed this but I could not enter the giveaways because it said my email bounced. But I had already downloaded the BOTD book on my shelf and commented on the review. This is wierd. But maybe it will be fixed next time. I'm afraid my points will be gone for todays BOTD. I check my Spam and it is not there. I wonder what happened. i could not go back to comment on my facebook and twitter.
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

josefina1110 wrote:My email is ok. It was just there there were emails from the Philosophy forum that went to Spam and I was glad I checked on it and responded. I always check my Spam mail now because once in a while my email get's there and I have to indicate that "This is not a Spam. So far everything is going well with my emails. Thank you Scott.

-- 19 Oct 2016, 14:54 --

I thought I had already fixed this but I could not enter the giveaways because it said my email bounced. But I had already downloaded the BOTD book on my shelf and commented on the review. This is wierd. But maybe it will be fixed next time. I'm afraid my points will be gone for todays BOTD. I check my Spam and it is not there. I wonder what happened. i could not go back to comment on my facebook and twitter.
@josefina1110 You should see a button to resubscribe and resend a verification email near the top of the page when viewing this topic. You can use that to verify that the emails aren't bouncing. Let me know if that works to fix the issue.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

josefina1110
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Voice of Creation

Post by josefina1110 »

I have verified my emails several times and it said my emails are verified. But, sometimes it just happens again.
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

josefina1110 wrote:I have verified my emails several times and it said my emails are verified. But, sometimes it just happens again.
It's AOL unfortunately. You would need to ask AOL to not block emails that you whitelist.

isay408
Currently Reading: Blue Star
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isay408.html

Post by isay408 »

done :D
josefina1110

Post by josefina1110 »

Thanks for your attention. I still get some of the club's emails from Spam. It's ok. I just take care of them and tell them this is not Spam. They still do but not so often anymore.

-- 05 Dec 2016, 21:44 --

done
cherryalakei
Currently Reading: anita blake burnt offerings
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cherryalakei.html
Latest Review: "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin

Post by cherryalakei »

Hi there!

I received my email and clicked the link. I was brought to a page to sign in, so I did. Upon signing in, and checking the RT page, it states that I have been sent a verification email I need to click the link to verify... which I have done. I tried having the verification email sent again, and clicked on the link in the email which prompted me to a page to sign in, which I did again. Upon going to the RT page, I got the same " we have sent you a verification email, please click link in email to verify."...

is there something I am doing wrong? why is it not verifying that I clicked the appropriate link and did as I was instructed?
Latest Review: "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

cherryalakei wrote:Hi there!

I received my email and clicked the link. I was brought to a page to sign in, so I did. Upon signing in, and checking the RT page, it states that I have been sent a verification email I need to click the link to verify... which I have done. I tried having the verification email sent again, and clicked on the link in the email which prompted me to a page to sign in, which I did again. Upon going to the RT page, I got the same " we have sent you a verification email, please click link in email to verify."...

is there something I am doing wrong? why is it not verifying that I clicked the appropriate link and did as I was instructed?
I'm not sure, but I think I know what's happening...
When you click the link and it says for you to sign in, are you immediately clicking to go to the RT page? If so, don't. Click to go to the previous page, or just let it send you back there. The problem would be that you're never actually getting to the right page.

I hope that helps!
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
Jazzed063
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 31955">The Mozart Conspiracy</a>
Currently Reading: Solaris Seethes
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jazzed063.html

Post by Jazzed063 »

Hi Scott,
I've tried verifying my e-mail multiple times and it just won't go through. At first I thought it was because my mailbox was full, but I've deleted a lot of the junk and added the email address you listed as a contact. Still nothing. I am new so maybe that has something to do with it? I finally decided to change the email, but when I go to "edit my account settings," it won't let me change the email. I'd like to get started reading and reviewing, so any help you can give would be appreciated. Thanks!

-- 16 Jan 2017, 11:16 --

Hi Scott,
Just to let you know, it resolved and I was able to verify my email! Thanks!
nightnurse
Currently Reading: The Last Humans: Oasis
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nightnurse.html
Latest Review: "Roan" by E. R. Barr
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by nightnurse »

I am getting e-mails from this site except I am still sent back when ever I try to get the book of the day how do I scribe to it
Latest Review: "Roan" by E. R. Barr
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Gravy wrote:
cherryalakei wrote:Hi there!

I'm not sure, but I think I know what's happening...
When you click the link and it says for you to sign in, are you immediately clicking to go to the RT page? If so, don't. Click to go to the previous page, or just let it send you back there. The problem would be that you're never actually getting to the right page.

I hope that helps!
@cherryalakei Did Gravy's solution work for you?

The problem seems to be that you need to be logged in to verify the email, but for some reason you keep getting logged out in between having the verification link resent and clicking the link.

---
nightnurse wrote:I am getting e-mails from this site except I am still sent back when ever I try to get the book of the day how do I scribe to it
@nightnurse I am not sure what you mean by you are "still sent back". Have you tried all seven steps listed in the original post in this topic?

josefina1110

Post by josefina1110 »

My emails are ok. Thanks for checking out.
Jazzed063
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 31955">The Mozart Conspiracy</a>
Currently Reading: Solaris Seethes
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jazzed063.html

Post by Jazzed063 »

Hi Scott,
I have been out sick for the last couple of weeks and during that time my email changed. How do I go about changing it? Thank you. Also, I was in the middle of writing a review and needless to say it is not done yet. How do I take care of that? Thanks!
Debra Skripkunis

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”