Official Review: Puzzle of Fate by A. Reza Kamarei, Ph.D.

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Official Review: Puzzle of Fate by A. Reza Kamarei, Ph.D.

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Puzzle of Fate" by A. Reza Kamarei, Ph.D..]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Puzzle of Fate: Is Your Fate Predetermined or Can You Change It? is a book under the non-fiction genre written by A. Reza Kamarei, Ph.D.

This book, divided into 16 parts: eleven chapters, tthree appendices, reference and index, is the result of the rigorous research done by the author to answer this common yet controversial question: Is your fate predetermined, or can you change it?

In Chapter 1, the author recounts how amused and amazed he has always been about the concept of fate. He tells of seven books by different authors which gave him insights and got him to start his own research. He shares 68 quotes about fate and destiny from famous individuals including Nicholas Sparks, John Lennon, William Shakespeare, J.K. Rowling and Mahatma Gandhi, and asks the reader to mark the quotes the reader agrees with.

In Chapter 2, the author finally gives his definition of fate as ‘the path, journey and destination of life’ and presents the question whether or not fate can be changed by the individual. He then proceeds with six groups of factors on which fate is built and shaped, these factors being: 1.) Genetic Makeup, 2.) Prenatal Development, 3.) Birth Time Conditions, 4.) Environment, 5.) Chances, and 6.) Free-Will Decisions and Actions.

He categorizes these factors depending on how optional they are. He puts the first three groups under Foundational/Deterministic Factors, the fourth and fifth under Semi-Optional Factors and the last under Optional Factors, and comes up with a schematic diagram showing the six groups of factors and calls the diagram the House of Fate.

Chapters 3 to 8 discuss each of the group of factors with each group divided into topics. Each topic is explained and elaborated with a conclusion after each discussion. Chapter 9 is the very important question directed at the reader and Chapter 10 is a test the author asks the reader to take. Finally, in Chapter 11, the author offers two concepts: Happiness and Quality of Life which, together with the six groups of factors, will help the reader to focus on how to reach his best possible fate, his Unique Summit.

Given the amount of research the author put into it, Dr. Kamarei, a PhD in food science and technology, is obviously very passionate about the topic of this book. His effort to make it understandable to everyone is also apparent in that every topic is discussed in simplistic manner with jargons thoughtfully and carefully explained and with pictures and diagrams for clarity. Ultimately, this, for me, is not just an informative book but a very educative one. This points out things about people that they do not know affect their fate like their mothers’ diets and vices during pregnancy (prenatal development), or those they probably know but are too stubborn to consider like family structures, religion, culture, tradition and customs (environment). Ultimately, this is a helpful, inspiring and hopeful book.

However, due to terms which needed to be defined, some parts, especially in Chapter 6 (Environment), ended up sounding like high school textbooks which may be vexing for some readers.

I, therefore, give this book the rate of 4 out of 4 stars and I recommend it to those who are trying to figure out which way their lives are going.

Puzzle of Fate
View: on Bookshelves

Like kimmyschemy06's review? Post a comment saying so!
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

This sounds really interesting. It's cool to think about the different points of view on fate and destiny. Some people think they are doomed to a certain fate and others think they can control what happens but to actually do this much research and put as much scientific backing as possible is really, really cool. Awesome review!
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
Kia
Currently Reading: Damaged Goods
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kia.html
Latest Review: Wheel of Katarnum by James Calliotte
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kia »

This actually sounds like a really fascinating read. I don't believe in fate per se but I'm always interested in learning about other people's views on it. Great job on the review!
"Yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it you can either run from it, or learn from it."- Rafiki
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

CrescentMoon wrote:This sounds really interesting. It's cool to think about the different points of view on fate and destiny. Some people think they are doomed to a certain fate and others think they can control what happens but to actually do this much research and put as much scientific backing as possible is really, really cool. Awesome review!
Thank you very much. It is very objective and I enjoyed it a lot.

-- 22 Sep 2016, 20:48 --
Kia wrote:This actually sounds like a really fascinating read. I don't believe in fate per se but I'm always interested in learning about other people's views on it. Great job on the review!
Thank you very much. It is a very interesting book.
bruin
Currently Reading: Cracking the Genome
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bruin.html
Latest Review: Havana 1995 -english version- by Ileana Gonzalez Monserrat

Post by bruin »

Thanks for the review. I am interested in reading this!
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

bruin wrote:Thanks for the review. I am interested in reading this!
Thank you. It's a very interesting book.
Elaine5
Currently Reading: Great Expectations
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elaine5.html
Latest Review: "The pact with the Devil" by Robert J. DeLuca

Post by Elaine5 »

Great review! Kudos to the author for taking on such a complex topic. I like the fact that topics are simplified and jargon defined. I think it might still be a bit heavy for my tastes but I'm interested!
Latest Review: "The pact with the Devil" by Robert J. DeLuca
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Elaine5 wrote:Great review! Kudos to the author for taking on such a complex topic. I like the fact that topics are simplified and jargon defined. I think it might still be a bit heavy for my tastes but I'm interested!
Thank you very much. It is a very interesting book :)
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1437
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

This topic has the ability to create a never-ending supply of discussion!! I teach Romeo and Juliet to 9th graders. We briefly discuss the idea of fate and destiny at the beginning of the play. Casually, they offer up their opinions. Then, once we start to really dig into the events, they have so much more to say!! Many of their original opinions change...and then change again...and once again! It is so much fun to hear their poimts of view! I love it! Thank you for your review! I'm going to go find it on Amazon!:-)
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

tarafarah7 wrote:This topic has the ability to create a never-ending supply of discussion!! I teach Romeo and Juliet to 9th graders. We briefly discuss the idea of fate and destiny at the beginning of the play. Casually, they offer up their opinions. Then, once we start to really dig into the events, they have so much more to say!! Many of their original opinions change...and then change again...and once again! It is so much fun to hear their poimts of view! I love it! Thank you for your review! I'm going to go find it on Amazon!:-)
Thank you so much for joining us in the forum. I hope you enjoy the book as much as I did :)
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Post by AA1495 »

Glad you enjoyed reading the book. Thank you for the great review!
Tiff-thebookworm
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tiff-thebookworm.html
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Tiff-thebookworm »

Wonderful review, I am very interested in reading this book and escaping into a new world.
Though I walk by day, I treasure my nights with you.
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

AA1495 wrote:Glad you enjoyed reading the book. Thank you for the great review!
You're welcome. It is a great book :)

-- 10 Oct 2016, 21:27 --
Tiff-thebookworm wrote:Wonderful review, I am very interested in reading this book and escaping into a new world.
Thank you very much. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did :)
Taylor Razzani
Favorite Author: Carlos Ruiz Zafón
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 59294">The Shadow of the Wind (The Cemetery of Forgotten Books)</a>
Currently Reading: The Bachman Books
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taylor-razzani.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington
fav_author_id: 2684

Post by Taylor Razzani »

Great review! I love books where science and supposed superstition meet. They always combine for a good read. I'm definitely adding this to my bookshelves!
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Taylor Razzani wrote:Great review! I love books where science and supposed superstition meet. They always combine for a good read. I'm definitely adding this to my bookshelves!
Thank you very much. It is a very interesting and enjoyable book :)

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”