Official Review: Behind The Door by A.Gavazzoni

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Official Review: Behind The Door by A.Gavazzoni

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Behind The Door" by A.Gavazzoni.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Behind the Door is a romance/thriller novel written by A. Gavazzoni and published in July of 2016. Although this is her first novel, Gavazzoni does not disappoint with this new sense of eroticism mixed with a thrill factor. In the start to the novel, we are introduced to Simone- a psychologist specializing in sexual behavior disorders. Simone is sought out by Carl, a New York attorney who is asking for her help. Carl explains that his client/friend is facing a murder charge from a sex game gone bad. In order to help Simone get a true feel of the relationship shared by the deceased woman, Lara, and Carl’s client, Mark, she is given a journal to read from Mark’s perspective on the relationship. While Simone is trying to focus on her work and helping Carl, she soon finds herself involved with helping another friend/colleague with information pertaining to a serial killer in town.

Behind the Door is nothing like what is usually found in erotic novels, as this is as un-cliché as it gets. From the first page, I felt pulled in as a reader. The amount of suspense that comes along with reading this novel is unlike anything I have come across so far. Throughout the novel, the sequence would take turns from being “Current day,” which is Simone’s life as she is reading, to Mark’s journal, which is full of past events about his relationship with Lara. Reading about the relationship shared by Lara and Mark was totally consuming, mainly because it was written to feel completely real, and unexaggerated. We learn why Lara has turned to sex in the way that she has, and why Mark feels drawn to her in return.

I was pleasantly surprised to see how true and realistic the legal terminology is expressed in this novel, and upon further research in to the author, I discovered that she is a professor of law as well as an attorney. Often while reading stories with legal involvement, I find information to be presented as unlikely and “made for television.” This was not the case with Behind the Door. Gavazzoni shows great talent with writing thriller novels, as well as the romantic/erotic genre.

Errors in the novel were very minimal, and I feel as though they were mostly errors with my digital copy, such as an extra space between words, or a random page break. The book seemed edited well, aside from a few minor errors. There is also a need for reader discretion for this book, as the sexual content and language portrayed is for a mature audience only.

As a fan of thriller and erotic genres, it’s no surprise that this novel was able to capture and hold my attention, but I feel like it could do the same for others as well. I can easily say that it takes a lot for a novel to come across as unpredictable to me, but I can say without a doubt that Behind the Door does. Because of the constant surprise and intense interest, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book for others who enjoy a good thriller, and obviously don’t mind some rather unconventional sex.

Behind The Door
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like klbradley's review? Post a comment saying so!
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
Megwe85
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megwe85.html
Latest Review: "Cryptic" by Conrad Luznar

Post by Megwe85 »

That is a fantastic review. I am really looking forward to reading the book!
Latest Review: "Cryptic" by Conrad Luznar
Kourtney Bradley

Megwe85 wrote:That is a fantastic review. I am really looking forward to reading the book!
Thank you very much!
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Post by AA1495 »

Great review! This does sound like an interesting book... I'll read it soon!
Kourtney Bradley

AA1495 wrote:Great review! This does sound like an interesting book... I'll read it soon!
Interesting to say the least! Thank you!
–Vera Nazarian
Joyful
Currently Reading: The Quantum Mind and Healing
Bookshelf Size: 157
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyful.html

Post by Joyful »

Excellent review. Definitely want to read this
Kourtney Bradley

Joyful wrote:Excellent review. Definitely want to read this
Glad to hear it! It's a good one! :)
–Vera Nazarian
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Post by AA1495 »

All your reviews are amazing and as I read them, my "to-read" list keeps growing :lol: This one is the latest addition.
Kourtney Bradley

AA1495 wrote:All your reviews are amazing and as I read them, my "to-read" list keeps growing :lol: This one is the latest addition.
Happy to hear it! Thank you!
–Vera Nazarian
ortiz1988c
Currently Reading: The life giving table
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by ortiz1988c »

I would love to read this book. I am into these types of books. :) can't wait to give this book a chance.
Kourtney Bradley

ortiz1988c wrote:I would love to read this book. I am into these types of books. :) can't wait to give this book a chance.
This one is definitely worth a shot then!
–Vera Nazarian
ChelseaD
Currently Reading: Hunting Ground
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsead.html

Post by ChelseaD »

This is a great review! It was nice and detailed without giving away too much of the story.

Like you I find most books predictable so I am very much looking forward to reading this.
Kourtney Bradley

ChelseaD wrote:This is a great review! It was nice and detailed without giving away too much of the story.

Like you I find most books predictable so I am very much looking forward to reading this.
Thank you! This one was much different than anything I have came across before. Hope you enjoy it also!
–Vera Nazarian
Gina1209
Currently Reading: The Everlasting Spring: Beyond Olympus
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gina1209.html

Post by Gina1209 »

Thanks so much for the thoughtful review! i'm going to start reading this tonight!
Kourtney Bradley

Gina1209 wrote:Thanks so much for the thoughtful review! i'm going to start reading this tonight!
Thank you! I hope you enjoy it!
–Vera Nazarian

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”