Official Review: Town Time Forgot by Lisa Colodny

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Official Review: Town Time Forgot by Lisa Colodny

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Town Time Forgot" by Lisa Colodny.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Town Time Forgot is a fiction-romance novel written by Lisa Colodny and published in August of 2014. Typically a fan of somewhat shorter reads, I was hesitant to take this one on- as it’s around 700 pages. This fascinating story begins in New York City in the year 1988, where we are introduced to Agent Devon McKenzie and Detective Chris Gates. The two are brought together in a case to transport a dangerous prisoner to Washington, a long drive from their location in New York. We find out quickly that the duo previously dated, which can be assumed did not end well- as they spend most of their time in disputes. Their transport van is ambushed and pushed over a bluff, releasing their prisoner and leaving them for dead- all during the Aurora Borealis shining in the night sky. When the two wake, they quickly realize they will have to start moving to find help, as they have no radio or other way to make contact with help. They spend three days trudging the woods while trying to survive. They soon come upon a helpful farmer who urges them on towards his home for safety and shelter.

While Devon and Chris are thankful to the farmer and his family, they are quickly thrown a sharp stab of reality when they discover they have been transported back in time to Nebraska in the year 1869. They are mistakenly assumed to be husband and wife- but agree to go along with the assumption until they are able to find out how this happened and how to get home. The following three months that the couple spends together with the famer and family are filled with hard work, discovery, betrayal and pain- but above all, love. Will the couple ever get home? If they do, will they pick up where they began in 1869, or will they fall back in to their routine lives without each other?

I was thrown in to a full-on whirlwind of emotions while reading this book, and I can say with ease that this is one of the best novels I have read in a very long time. Both of the main characters are unbelievably strong, especially Devon- who undergoes the worst experiences of her life, yet still manages to try and open her heart for one more chance at love. Chris proves to be hard-working and loyal, all while trying to prove his feelings are true to Devon, and be the rock she needs to lean on when the pain is too much.

There were minor grammatical errors scattered sparingly throughout the book, but because I was so entwined in the story already, these did not have an impact on my reading experience. I also feel the need to give a reader discretion warning, as there are some explicit sexual and abusive scenes depicted in the story- which would not be appropriate for a younger audience.

I rate The Town Time Forgot a full 4 out of 4 stars, unable to allow myself to lower the score even with few errors present. I would recommend The Town Time Forgot to fans of romance novels, but also to fans of fiction. The story is romantic, yet still stands alone as a great fiction novel. All characters are depicted as well-rounded, and I felt like I had the chance to meet them all. The suspense in this story is unlike anything I have ever read before, which had me nail biting to the end! Readers will find twist after twist in this book, leaving them wanting more even after the story ends.

Town Time Forgot
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like klbradley's review? Post a comment saying so!
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
JessiAnne26
Currently Reading: A Novel Bookstore
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessianne26.html
Latest Review: "Positive Thinking Positive Life: The Mindset" by Phil Hunter

Post by JessiAnne26 »

I really liked your review. Did you find that (from what you know) the scenes described in 1869 Nebraska seemed historically accurate? 700 pages is quite a read. Were there are any parts you thought could have been cut down from the novel?
Latest Review: "Positive Thinking Positive Life: The Mindset" by Phil Hunter
Kourtney Bradley

JessiAnne26 wrote:I really liked your review. Did you find that (from what you know) the scenes described in 1869 Nebraska seemed historically accurate? 700 pages is quite a read. Were there are any parts you thought could have been cut down from the novel?
I thought the past was accurately described, I feel like the author defitinely did sufficient research. It was a rather long read, but each part of the story played such an important role, I don't think any of it could have been removed.
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

Very nice review. Though it is not a book for me, you definitely made it sound quite interesting with your description of the plot and characters. Great job!
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
Kourtney Bradley

rssllue wrote:Very nice review. Though it is not a book for me, you definitely made it sound quite interesting with your description of the plot and characters. Great job!
Thank you very much!
–Vera Nazarian
Kia
Currently Reading: Damaged Goods
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kia.html
Latest Review: Wheel of Katarnum by James Calliotte
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kia »

Oh wow, this certainly seems like a novel with a lot going on. I live historical romances, but especially when there is an interesting plot involved. Great job on the review!
"Yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it you can either run from it, or learn from it."- Rafiki
Kourtney Bradley

Kia wrote:Oh wow, this certainly seems like a novel with a lot going on. I live historical romances, but especially when there is an interesting plot involved. Great job on the review!

This one is definitely a catch! I enjoyed it so much! Thank you !
–Vera Nazarian
ashley_claire
Favorite Book: The Prince of Tides
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-claire.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by ashley_claire »

This book sounds like something I would really enjoy. Thanks for the great review!
Kourtney Bradley

ashley_claire wrote:This book sounds like something I would really enjoy. Thanks for the great review!
I really enjoyed it! Thank you!
–Vera Nazarian
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

Awesome review! Congrats to the author on a positive review!
Kourtney Bradley

TrishaAnn92 wrote:Awesome review! Congrats to the author on a positive review!
Thank you!
–Vera Nazarian
L Anthony Skelton
Favorite Author: Hugh Howey
Currently Reading: The Bulls of War
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2829

Post by L Anthony Skelton »

Great review. I enjoy books with strong characters regardless of genre and would like to give this a try.
Kourtney Bradley

L Anthony Skelton wrote:Great review. I enjoy books with strong characters regardless of genre and would like to give this a try.
Thank you!
–Vera Nazarian
lolashoes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lolashoes.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by lolashoes »

Great review! Your description of the story pulled me in and now i want to read it. Congrats to the author for the perfect 4 stars rating.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Kourtney Bradley

lolashoes wrote:Great review! Your description of the story pulled me in and now i want to read it. Congrats to the author for the perfect 4 stars rating.
Thank you!
–Vera Nazarian

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”