Official Review: Miss Fancy Pants by Alicia Gargaro-Magana

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: The Witching Hour
Bookshelf Size: 3837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Re: Official Review: Miss Fancy Pants by Alicia Gargaro-Maga

Post by truebookaddict »

Great review! Not really a genre I like to read, but enjoyed reading your review nonetheless.
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
Vermont Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4468">Scam Prevention</a>
Currently Reading: A Roadmap To Career Success
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermont-reviews.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Vermont Reviews »

Great review. Good to see that this book made book of the day.

Vermont Reviews
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
pharmnut3848
Favorite Author: Laurell K. Hamilton
Currently Reading: Miami Iced
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE
fav_author_id: 3139

Post by pharmnut3848 »

Amazing review! This book sounds like one I would enjoy!
cheryltkn
Currently Reading: Dark Wolf
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryltkn.html
Latest Review: "Sunspots" by Gary Martin

Post by cheryltkn »

I'm glad to hear it gets better and I was relieved to find out that the first few pages were not typical of the entire book. Not knowing she was dreaming at first made the book seem ridiculous and choppy. I had decided not to bother reading it but you may have changed my mind. I haven't decided because I prefer a book that moves along and tedious will stop me every time.
Latest Review: "Sunspots" by Gary Martin
claudia-2
Currently Reading: A Police Action
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by claudia-2 »

I read the first two chapters of this book and I liked the review because it explained that things are not always what they appear to be. The protagonist in the book is determined to rise above a mediocre life if she could only get out of her way. Good review and I am looking forward to reading the whole story.
MandalynnJDG
Currently Reading: Spirituality for REAL
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mandalynnjdg.html
Latest Review: White Night by J.J. Holt

Post by MandalynnJDG »

Thanks for the review. I can't believe you went from an okay I'll just read so I can say I finished it to a 4 out of 4 stars! I do hate it when the name isn't used and she can become confusing when referring to other female characters as well. I am glad that you read the book and have added it to my shelf as well!
AnythngArt
Currently Reading: A Little Life
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anythngart.html

Post by AnythngArt »

Nice review. I like when characters are embracing their journey, but being called "Miss Fancy Pants" or even "Fancy" doesn't seem like it adds to that message. Glad you enoyed the book, and I do like the cover art.
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Great review! It is crazy how quickly the book improved. It's good to know this kind of information for potential readers. Sounds like a read that I might enjoy. :)
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
speakerbug
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by speakerbug »

I don't think that this book is really up my alley, but it definitely seems interesting. I'd be interested into diving more deeply into your comment about the main character only being addressed by "she" and the deeper meaning to the theme of the book.
Bookworm16
Currently Reading: Bossypants
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Bookworm16 »

I really enjoyed this review. I felt that the novel was described intriguingly enough that I placed my book on want to read list. I also like that not too much was given away expect the suggestion to give the book a chance and that once you got past the beginning it really was quick a good novel. I love playful romantic novels that have a good plot and not the typical corny love story so as described if this novel has a nice message behind it I definitely want to read.good review!
dcahill
Bookshelf Size: 2
Publishing Contest Votes: 1

Post by dcahill »

I'm intrigued by this book's premise..."The protag shall remain nameless." And sometimes I give up on books with a "rocky start." But this one sounds like it's worth sticking with.
JanLeib
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janleib.html

Post by JanLeib »

I found the main character to be quite a sad type of person and felt quite sorry for her (she who remains nameless - like Voldemort?), especially when her parents phoned and where once again holidaying - for the 5th time that year - asking her to check on the house and save it from a pot-smoking possible fire-hazard! She seems really lost and lonely, dwelling in her little fantasy life. Also, I wasn't crazy about the way it seemed to bounce around (hmmm ... bit of an unintentional pun there!).
chandleur

Post by chandleur »

I really loved the beginning of the book, the fantasy with the chandelier. I hoped there would be more of that stuff and I did read the entire review. I wish Clarissa had been elaborated a bit more and the streets and characters too.
AMY85

Post by AMY85 »

Excellent review, it makes me want to rea the book more than the sample pages. Adventure and romance are my fevorite genres. Can't wait to read the book.
AT+rmarathon[16]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-at-rmarathon-16.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by AT+rmarathon[16] »

wonderful review...and I see that you have also read about about the author,which is really good. I feel ,once u research up on an author,it actually helps one to make a link between them and their work depending on why a story is set in a particular place or location ,instead of anywhere else ,or why they have written the novel in a particular way.The idea of having a nameless character could be,that the author wants one to realize that this could be your story too,and is not about some fictitious character that does not exist in real life.it also shows how everyone goes through little insecurities,borrowed identities and being given nicknames - which can be seen as people trying to appropriate another one's identity to suit their fancies. it seems like saying - I want you to be, my version of you

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”