Join 'The First Ten' Reviewers

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Join 'The First Ten' Reviewers

Post by Scott »

What is The First Ten? The First Ten is a feature that lets a select group of reviewers write a short review of just the first ten pages of each Book of the Day. This provides valuable feedback to the author or publisher to understand why people read or do not read the book. For your generous help, you are rewarded with a $25 Amazon Gift Card every 30 days--just for reading only 10 pages a day. More importantly, you get to pat yourself on the back for helping out in such a great way.

Who is eligible? Three different groups are eligible for The First Ten:
  • 1. High-Level Members of the Review Team -- If you are a level 3 or higher reviewer on the regular official review team, you are eligible for The First Ten.

2. Moderators -- If you are a moderator here at OnlineBookClub.org, you are eligible.

3. Members of the Justice Rewards Group -- To be added to the Justice Rewards Group, simply forward your receipt from Amazon for Justice to: [email protected]

If you are eligible, you should have already been sent the link to the private page for The First Ten. If you meet one of the eligibility methods above but don't have the link, simply message me and I'll send it. :)
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Vermont Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4468">Scam Prevention</a>
Currently Reading: A Roadmap To Career Success
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermont-reviews.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Vermont Reviews »

Scott,

First of all I want to say thanks so very much for a wonderful website. It is a great place to share our love of books. I read more than 30 books every month and I get some great ideas about what's out there from here on onlinebookclub. Thanks for making the first 10 possible to us this is a great deal. Thanks for the $25 dollar gift card. It will help with some of the wonderful books offered. It is a pleasure to be a member of this site. I hope that I can add some reviews to help people make some great choices about what to read.
All the best to you and your family. Have a great weekend.

Vermont Reviews
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Bboy2245
Currently Reading: Thera and the Exodus
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Bboy2245 »

I would like to do this but I don't think I qualify :(
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

Vermont Reviews wrote:Scott,

First of all I want to say thanks so very much for a wonderful website. It is a great place to share our love of books. I read more than 30 books every month and I get some great ideas about what's out there from here on onlinebookclub. Thanks for making the first 10 possible to us this is a great deal. Thanks for the $25 dollar gift card. It will help with some of the wonderful books offered. It is a pleasure to be a member of this site. I hope that I can add some reviews to help people make some great choices about what to read.
All the best to you and your family. Have a great weekend.

Vermont Reviews
@"Vermont Reviews" Thank you so much for your kind words :)
@Bboy2245 wrote:I would like to do this but I don't think I qualify
Welcome to the site! :) I can see this is one of your very first posts. How did you first hear about his program? You could always start out by joining the regular official review team.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Bboy2245
Currently Reading: Thera and the Exodus

Post by Bboy2245 »

I did one of the Amazon Giveaways and then was contacted through Twitter by scott to check out the website. I'm definitely new to this and don't understand it all yet but it's pretty cool.
CataclysmicKnight
Favorite Book: Ready Player One
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1693
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cataclysmicknight.html
Latest Review: Simple Man Simple Message by Mark Dobosz

Post by CataclysmicKnight »

Awesome! Just got my $25 Amazon gift card, it's almost enough alone to buy the Destiny: Rise of Iron expansion I'm so psyched about! Thanks for the program and the reward, it really is easy to just take a few minutes to download the book and try it out. I've even found a few really cool books that way, and it makes me eligible for the daily giveaways too since then I've sampled it :D

I was a little sad at first that it's Amazon and not PayPal, but now I'm psyched about it cuz it means I have to buy something fun - Xbox gift cards, steam gift cards, books, movies, etc :D
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
jungkookblog
Currently Reading: Unspeakable Acts
Bookshelf Size: 217
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jungkookblog.html

Post by jungkookblog »

I would do it, but I don't qualify and neither am I good at writing reviews.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I got my gift card as well. Thank you! :)

A great program indeed! It isn't that hard to do it and it helps the authors at the same time. I got some new cool books that way and my reading list is growing and growing. Thank you Scott. :tiphat:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Thank you so much! I received my gift, as well!

Not only are we helping authors find a group of potential new readers and promoting their books, we're finding great new reads to add to our collection! What a wonderful give-and-take program! I'm really looking forward in continuing. Thank you so much, Scott! :D
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

Same as them :ditto: :text-yeahthat:

I need an espresso book machine close by :lol:

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
MsMartha
Currently Reading: Collected Works of Algernon Blackwood (Unabridged)
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msmartha.html
Latest Review: "9 Realities of Caring for an Elderly Parent" by Stefania Shaffer

Post by MsMartha »

This is a great idea, and I am interested--but I have way to much on my plate at the moment. Would it be possible to get a link to the private page to find out more about how this works, and join up at a later time? Thanks!
Latest Review: "9 Realities of Caring for an Elderly Parent" by Stefania Shaffer
stoppoppingtheP
Favorite Author: Adriana Trigiani
Favorite Book: The Hand of Fatima
Currently Reading: High Low In-Between
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stoppoppingthep.html
Latest Review: If I Only Knew by Kim Simmons
fav_author_id: 8071

Post by stoppoppingtheP »

Sounds like a great program. I might join on in the future if it's still running. I didn't want to commit myself at this particular time because my schedule is pretty hectic right now. I would love to try it though.

“there have been so many times
i have seen a man wanting to weep
but
instead
beat his heart until it was unconscious.

-masculine”

― Nayyirah Waheed
Mary WhiteFace
Favorite Book: Stranger in a Strange Land
Currently Reading: Elemental Magic
Bookshelf Size: 384
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-whiteface.html
Latest Review: Bravehorse Adventures by Louise Cleveland

Post by Mary WhiteFace »

Is there a way to be able to view a list of the "The First 10" reviews that have been done by other reviewers?

I know I saw some "The First 10" reviews when I first got here and was just wandering around the site trying to figure out how things worked. Now I can't remember where I saw them. :roll2:
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Tiny_Turtle wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 01:58 Is there a way to be able to view a list of the "The First 10" reviews that have been done by other reviewers?

I know I saw some "The First 10" reviews when I first got here and was just wandering around the site trying to figure out how things worked. Now I can't remember where I saw them. :roll2:
You can see it on the BOTD's page (on the Shelf) by clicking on "View First Ten Reviews".
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Bookworm0209
Currently Reading: Classy is the new kindness

Post by Bookworm0209 »

This seem like a cool program. I just signed up so I’m trying to get familiar with how this whole thing works. Hopefully I’ll be reviewing books soon.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”