Official Review: Sapphire Secrets by Dawn V. Cahill

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Paliden
Currently Reading: White Cargo
Bookshelf Size: 1028
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paliden.html
Latest Review: "Justified Anger" by Jennifer Colne

Official Review: Sapphire Secrets by Dawn V. Cahill

Post by Paliden »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Sapphire Secrets" by Dawn V. Cahill.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

My review of Sapphire Secrets by Dawn V. Cahill

Wow! Allow me to preface this by saying that this book thoroughly exceeded my expectations. It met every category that I love. This book is a Christian mystery/romance, but in reality, it's so much more!

The book starts out in a cemetery with a dramatic retelling of an Edgar Allen Poe poem. You can't get more spooky than that. Did I mention it was raining? Oh yeah, and it was dark as well. Are you feeling it yet? Okay, I'm moving on. So Livvy (Olivia) and her twin sister DeeDee (Diana) are both dancers that are fixing to open their own dance studio. Their mother died when they were young, but the twin sisters have differing memories of that time. DeeDee remembers clearly what happened, down to minute details. But Livvy doesn't remember anything. At all. Naturally, this is a cause for distress. Over the years, she tries to simply move on and forget about it, but she starts having dreams about her dead mother. Gradually, she comes to the realization that she has to pursue the truth. Along the way, two very different men come into her life. One is newly-divorced and a Christian, which is anathema to everyone and everything that she holds dear. The other is separated from his wife but clicks immediately with Livvy and the feeling seems to be mutual. Then, tragedy strikes. Livvy must rethink her whole life, and somewhere in the process, she begins to question everything that she has ever been taught. Will she realize that Jesus is real? And if she decides to believe in Him, how will her family react? Will she lose the man she loves, or does God have a bigger plan?

I honestly don't want to say more because it may spoil the book. I was astounded at how the author wove this story together. Most Christian authors are very careful about certain subjects. Ms. Cahill, on the other hand, dove in headfirst. In doing so, she has carefully crafted an amazing story of grit, determination, pain and the wonderful realization of the Father's love. As I have mentioned, there are several “touchy” topics. But the reality is that this is the world we live in. I fully appreciated all of the aspects of this story. There was nothing that felt unrealistic or too perfect. No, this is a story that shows all of the ugliness in the world and along the way, answers some very serious questions.

I have thought long and hard about this story. I stayed up till midnight reading it and when I woke up, it came to my mind immediately. I can't find any error with this book. The writing was excellent. The story line is engaging and moves along at a perfect pace. At first, it seemed like there were too many key characters in play, but it all came together magnificently.

I would recommend this book to anyone that loves Christian fiction, but also to anyone that is seeking for some truth. You may be surprised by what you find. Again, my congratulations to Ms. Cahill on a job well done! I give this book 4 out of 4 stars!

Sapphire Secrets
View: on Bookshelves (available to read free, click for details)

Like Paliden's review? Post a comment saying so!
dcahill
Bookshelf Size: 2
Publishing Contest Votes: 1

Post by dcahill »

THank you SO much! I hoped the story would touch people, and I'm so glad you liked it. It was a lot of work, but well worth it.
chytach18-
Favorite Author: John Fowles
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3">Strange Case of Dr Jekill and Mr Hyde</a>
Currently Reading: Dark Corners
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chytach18.html
Latest Review: "Smiling Exercises, and Other Stories" by Dan Malakin
fav_author_id: 2947

Post by chytach18- »

I would like to know why Livvy doesn't remember what happened to her mother. It could be a sign of denial or guilt. I must keep an eye on this book.
Latest Review: "Smiling Exercises, and Other Stories" by Dan Malakin
anonanemone
Favorite Author: So many...
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 24">Tinder Stricken</a>
Currently Reading: Outland Exile
Bookshelf Size: 901
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anonanemone.html
Latest Review: "The Shark in the Park" by Mark Watson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by anonanemone »

Great review, Paliden! I can tell you are very excited about this book. Going on my read list! :D
The world lives between those who say it cannot be done and those who say that it can. And in my experience, those who say that it can be done are usually telling the truth. --Lord Vetinari (Discworld, Raising Steam)
Latest Review: "The Shark in the Park" by Mark Watson
Paliden

Post by Paliden »

dcahill wrote:THank you SO much! I hoped the story would touch people, and I'm so glad you liked it. It was a lot of work, but well worth it.

You are very welcome and congrats again! I really think this book is going to be a major success!!

-- 04 Feb 2016, 17:31 --
chytach18- wrote:I would like to know why Livvy doesn't remember what happened to her mother. It could be a sign of denial or guilt. I must keep an eye on this book.

Trust me, I wondered that all the way until the end. And I couldn't figure it out!! I love it when I am kept guessing all the way through. It's a great book!

-- 04 Feb 2016, 17:32 --
anonanemone wrote:Great review, Paliden! I can tell you are very excited about this book. Going on my read list! :D

Thank you! I know you will enjoy it!
Rachaelamb1
Favorite Author: CS Lewis
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... onwitch</a>
Currently Reading: Falling Star
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachaelamb1.html
Latest Review: "Dragon Born" by Ela Lourenco

Post by Rachaelamb1 »

Very mysterious and intriguing that Livvy can't remember anything at all.
I also love how you said it isn't unrealistic or too perfect. I can't tell you how many Christian Romance books I've read that fall into the unrealistic category! This book sounds like a refreshing change.
Latest Review: "Dragon Born" by Ela Lourenco
Paliden

Post by Paliden »

Rachaelamb1 wrote:Very mysterious and intriguing that Livvy can't remember anything at all.
I also love how you said it isn't unrealistic or too perfect. I can't tell you how many Christian Romance books I've read that fall into the unrealistic category! This book sounds like a refreshing change.

I know exactly how what you mean! That is one of the best things about this book, in my opinion. I think it will be a big hit for that reason alone. There are way too many Christian books that are completely overboard in the unrealistic category.
Bigirimana Celestin
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End
Bookshelf Size: 341
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigirimana-celestin.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Bigirimana Celestin »

awesome review
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.”
― Maya Angelou
Paliden

Post by Paliden »

Thank you!

-- 07 Feb 2016, 12:02 --

Thank you!
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Sounds like a very very good book. I hope I get the chance to read it. Great review! Congratulations to Dawn V. Cahill for such a well-written book.
Paliden

Post by Paliden »

kimmyschemy06 wrote:Sounds like a very very good book. I hope I get the chance to read it. Great review! Congratulations to Dawn V. Cahill for such a well-written book.

Thanks!! I hope you get to read it too!
dcahill
Bookshelf Size: 2
Publishing Contest Votes: 1

Post by dcahill »

Kimmyschemy06, thank you for the kind words. I would be honored if you get a chance to read Sapphire Secrets. Blessings!
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

Great review @Paliden !!! :D

This book, Sapphire Secrets, is Book of the Day today. Take a look on the Sapphire Secrets Bookshelves page to read it free.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Momlovesbooks
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: A Book for Oreo
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-momlovesbooks.html
Latest Review: Winter's Kiss by H.L. Hines

Post by Momlovesbooks »

Great review! I read a lot of Christian fiction. This one is definitely going on my list of books to read.
Paliden

Post by Paliden »

Scott wrote:Great review @Paliden !!! :D

This book, Sapphire Secrets, is Book of the Day today. Take a look on the Sapphire Secrets Bookshelves page to read it free.

Thanks!!!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”